• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Who doesn't like Australia? I really want to visit it one day and especially meet and learn things from the Australian Aboriginals. I have such great respect for them. ^_^

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m actually impressed, the remake for mystery dungeon has a beautiful story book art style and I love the original so I’m getting that for sure. Only problem is it’s out same month as animal crossing so time balancing won’t be fun.

As for the DLC. To start, a few youtubers I follow had mentioned this before, they heard DLC was coming quite early into the games release cycle.

So I don’t think this content is base game stuff they cut. It seems like they finally realized how to fix third versions and thank arceus. Hopefully there’s more Galarian forms then what we saw but the legendary ones look great.

The new fighting bear is going to be sick and I hope it isn’t shiny locked or the new legendaries. The islands look pretty sweet and I am glad most of the Pokédex will now be back this game. Plus there’s a bunch of regular updates coming and hopefully some bug fixes come with it.

Overall Gamefreak actually did a pretty good job when they were probably being really pushed to the limits here.

Btw, the pass costs $30, not $60.

It's only $60 if you buy it using both versions, as the pass one and two are bundled together.
That’s actually pretty damn good. Two brand new stories, over 200 plus new Pokémon and new Galarian forms, two giant new wild area like places and a whole lot of customization that lets you look like past characters, that’s pretty good for a dlc expansion. Plus unlike if this was a third version it’s half the price. Why are there complaints?

It seems they genuinely worked on this from the start and it would explain their stances on the national dex a bit because they knew they wanted to roll out more Pokémon after release

D

Deleted member

Got me some cards I'm trying to sell for CASH MONEY, but so far no bites. A few people have interest in some of the cards, just don't have the cash

Welp, that's small town MTG for you
IMG_20200109_100230.jpg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
wait, they didnt say the new and returning pokemon will be out in the wild, did they?

tch I sware if I have to get Pokemon Home just to have a Lopunny or Mienshao..
You can trade for them if you don’t have the dlc pass and I wouldn’t be shocked if you could join the raids for them if a friend or someone sets one up. We’ll know soon enough

D

Deleted member

Seems like they removed basic weak attacks in Mystery Dungeon or at least I haven't found a way to do them. If you simply press the attack button, the game will automatically choose a move now instead of doing a weak tackle. Bit of a shame, I liked using those to conserve PP.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Imagine if Mega Rayquaza existed in this game and then you find it while Dynamaxed in a Raid. Oof.

Even worse if they let Ultra Necrozma be an extremely rare spawn in the Dynamax Raids. If you thought he was a Nuzlocke ender before...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just walked into adrives stream and he got a shiny galarian slow poke right as I did:
4FE5E58D-49E1-48B7-BE88-41E3D20F97AF.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m actually impressed, the remake for mystery dungeon has a beautiful story book art style and I love the original so I’m getting that for sure. Only problem is it’s out same month as animal crossing so time balancing won’t be fun.

As for the DLC. To start, a few youtubers I follow had mentioned this before, they heard DLC was coming quite early into the games release cycle.

So I don’t think this content is base game stuff they cut. It seems like they finally realized how to fix third versions and thank arceus. Hopefully there’s more Galarian forms then what we saw but the legendary ones look great.

The new fighting bear is going to be sick and I hope it isn’t shiny locked or the new legendaries. The islands look pretty sweet and I am glad most of the Pokédex will now be back this game. Plus there’s a bunch of regular updates coming and hopefully some bug fixes come with it.

Overall Gamefreak actually did a pretty good job when they were probably being really pushed to the limits here.

That’s actually pretty damn good. Two brand new stories, over 200 plus new Pokémon and new Galarian forms, two giant new wild area like places and a whole lot of customization that lets you look like past characters, that’s pretty good for a dlc expansion. Plus unlike if this was a third version it’s half the price. Why are there complaints?

It seems they genuinely worked on this from the start and it would explain their stances on the national dex a bit because they knew they wanted to roll out more Pokémon after release
The price point is good and I’m interested in the new Pokémon. But I gotta say my heart sank a little bit when I saw it was JUST Wild Areas with no Routes or Towns. I’m gonna be so lost in them, and unlike other people (who I don’t understand) that is not a good thing.

D

Deleted member

The price point is good and I’m interested in the new Pokémon. But I gotta say my heart sank a little bit when I saw it was JUST Wild Areas with no Routes or Towns. I’m gonna be so lost in them, and unlike other people (who I don’t understand) that is not a good thing.
Like I said last time this popped up, sucks to be you I guess :drflip:

In all seriousness, why not embrace the change and try something new? Maybe try just walking around aimlessly and seeing what you find?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
wtf is up with Intellion lmao
The other two are really cool, NGL. G-Max Cinderace is just rip off Lopunny, thou.
Inteleon is using his l o n g j o h n leg to create a perch that he can snipe off of.

You fail to realize what this means.

It means...

I can camp noobs and get free headshots.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
And people thought this was a going to be a disappointing way to start the year lol

Dang, like, GF out here flexin' after the SwSh debacles last year. Really happy for them and am super hyped! Gonna finish watching the Direct and will take some time to type out my full thoughts later.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
My Ho-Oh :love:

I was a Sword/Shield skeptic, and even when my friend got it on my Switch for himself, I haven't touched it yet. However, how they handle this DLC, I may have a change of heart.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

So keeping with the rough Pokemon talk, I would like to remind everyone the best song from the anime.

"Sometimes it's hard to know, which way your supposed to go!"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Like I said last time this popped up, sucks to be you I guess :drflip:

In all seriousness, why not embrace the change and try something new? Maybe try just walking around aimlessly and seeing what you find?
Because then I wouldn’t be getting what I like in games, the reason I even play them at all.

I like story. I like direction. I like the feeling of progress. How are you supposed to get that from a game where you can go everywhere from the start? How can you tell a story when it’s events have to be able to happen in any corner of the map the player decides to go to. Or can be completely ignored by complete accident. How can there be any direction when the player can just flagrantly decide to not do what you want them to. How can there be any progression when you can spend hours disobeying the narrative and juicing yourself. I just don’t understand the appeal and I only get frustrated because I never hear these same complaints from anyone else. Everyone else seams to love it, to the point where games get docked points for being “too linear” like that’s somehow a bad thing.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Pokemon_calyrex_2x.png

"This Pokémon ruled all of Galar in ancient times. Though it appears delicate and slight, its every move is filled with grace and dignity. It also has extremely high intelligence, and it’s said to see every past, present, and future event"

Bruh...

This pokémon really is playing 4D Chess

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh yeah, the new Pokemon Direct! I'll share my thoughts on it later when I have some more time.

D

Deleted member

Inteleon is using his l o n g j o h n leg to create a perch that he can snipe off of.

You fail to realize what this means.

It means...

I can camp noobs and get free headshots.
NOOOOOOOOO
Initiating protection mechanism!
Because then I wouldn’t be getting what I like in games, the reason I even play them at all.

I like story. I like direction. I like the feeling of progress. How are you supposed to get that from a game where you can go everywhere from the start? How can you tell a story when it’s events have to be able to happen in any corner of the map the player decides to go to. Or can be completely ignored by complete accident. How can there be any direction when the player can just flagrantly decide to not do what you want them to. How can there be any progression when you can spend hours disobeying the narrative and juicing yourself. I just don’t understand the appeal and I only get frustrated because I never hear these same complaints from anyone else. Everyone else seams to love it, to the point where games get docked points for being “too linear” like that’s somehow a bad thing.
I hate to do this... but I call BS on this in particular:

"Because then I wouldn’t be getting what I like in games, the reason I even play them at all."

You have shown time and time again you don't like open world games, we get it. But, let me ask you this, why exactly do you like linear, and only linear, games? At some point you had to have not liked linear games, or just had no experience with them, so why be so stubborn and refuse to at least try something new for once? It's how literally most people learn new things; by going outside of their comfort zone.

Hell I wouldn't be who I am now if I didn't go out of my comfort zone and tried card games for the first time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom