• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
They are involved in making the next Zelda right? Could there be a trailer?

I also would be looking forward to a new DKC game, or anything DK related, but I won’t get my hopes up. At least for another 5 years...

I’m also still thinking that it’s Erdrick who’s gonna be the DLC character. And am fine with that.

Also am gonna be bold and predict there’s at least gonna be another popular remake that’s announced this time. To God I hope and pray it’s the original Donkey Kong Country, but again that’s too much wishful thinking probably. I also kind of think there might be a new handheld to replace the 3DS.
They have multiple studios now, so it could be Zelda related or a Monolith IP related.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Concentrate all energy into Steve not being in.
Sacrifice a goat if you have to. We cannot allow blockhead to win.
Who's with me?
That’s chaos magick. Also, you are way too late for that probably unless you can shift space-time.

I kind of doubt you can shift space-time, but if you can, am down with your decision.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My dream is still Elma. And either Neku or a Bravely character for the Square rep.

So uh

Mention me if either happen, I guess

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Here's how Skull Kid can still win

Am broadly fine for whoever - bring on the hype/salt

D

Deleted member

Now, I’ve heard that new characters for UA3 are highly likely to be shown today.

If so my hopes are on the F4, Gwenpool or Nova.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would also really enjoy the remake(s) of the Fire Emblem Tellius saga. Just throwing that out. It’s unlikely because Three Houses exists, but damn I’d like that to happen still.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just had a sudden realization about Kasumi Yoshizawa

I think her Arcana (or at least her Confidant Arcana) will be the Art Arcana, the Thoth tarot equivalent of the Temperance

I mean Kasumi is a patron of the performing arts, and Thoth arcana has been a thing since P3 FES (Aigis having the Aeon for a Social Link/Marie in P4G; and a certain someone in P4G having Jester/Hunger)

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I set my alarm clock last night to make sure I don't accidentally miss the Direct but woke up by myself more than an hour before the alarm.

But I am so excited now damn it!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m glad I watched Square Enix’s conference last night. They may not have had much for me, but FFVIIR was soooooooo good that my mood is back up from the mind bumming low that MS’s terrible-to-me conference was. So now I’m ready to watch the Nintendo conference and not potentially rupture I’d they announce a Mario game of any kind. I think.....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok. So. Guys. Wait a minute.

If huge games like FFVIIR and Avengers are launching on PS4 next year, then when the **** is next gen happening? 2021?
Maybe 2022?
Or they release on PS4 due to the retrocompatibility thing?

I’m glad I watched Square Enix’s conference last night. They may not have had much for me, but FFVIIR was soooooooo good that my mood is back up from the mind bumming low that MS’s terrible-to-me conference was. So now I’m ready to watch the Nintendo conference and not potentially rupture I’d they announce a Mario game of any kind.
From the Square conference I loved Avengers, FFVIIR, DQB2, DQXIS, Life Is Strange 2 and Final Fantasy 8 remastered.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Maybe 2022?

From the Square conference I loved Avengers, FFVIIR, DQB2, DQXIS, Life Is Strange 2 and Final Fantasy 8 remastered.
That would be interesting. But there’s still going to be a kind of subconscious effect on sales. Just look how poorly the 3DS did in 2017 and beyond.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So in preparation for the direct later, and whatever announcements it might bring can I uh... get some of that
BIG

PIK

ENERGY

D

Deleted member

So in preparation for the direct later, and whatever announcements it might bring can I uh... get some of that
BIG

PIK

ENERGY
I will share my energy to anyone hyped for UA3 like myself too.

87CA908B-9FE1-4671-BCD4-EF3151AB6BF4.jpeg

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
kasumi says

1560253077286.png

"remember to stay hydrated today, else you might shrivel up like a prune and die mid-direct
and that would be rather inconvenient"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe 2022?

The NEXT-BOX is coming out by the end of 2020. So for all intents and purposes, that's when the next gen consoles begin. All we know is that PS5 isn't out in 2019, it could be Spring 2020 for all we know, but there's no proof of that yet, so it's safe to assume it'll try to compete with the Next-Box. There's a few big games that show up late in a console's lifespan. Think Twilight Princess or BoTW. Both of which became launch titles on their new system along with being a swan song of sorts on the last one.

Bigger SNES games like DKC3 and MMX3 were in 1995, right when the PS1 was out and right before the N64. DMC3 was a year before the PS3 came out. It's safe to say FF7R is a similar situation.

EDIT: Also, many consoles get releases past their shelf life as it is, with ports of other games. Plenty of titles still got PS2 versions during the PS3 era, like MUA2 or Spider-Man Friend or Foe. Many of titles of course had Wii versions, which likely led to them using the Wii version as a basis for the PS2 version.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The NEXT-BOX is coming out by the end of 2020. So for all intents and purposes, that's when the next gen consoles begin. All we know is that PS5 isn't out in 2019, it could be Spring 2020 for all we know, but there's no proof of that yet, so it's safe to assume it'll try to compete with the Next-Box. There's a few big games that show up late in a console's lifespan. Think Twilight Princess or BoTW. Both of which became launch titles on their new system along with being a swan song of sorts on the last one.

Bigger SNES games like DKC3 and MMX3 were in 1995, right when the PS1 was out and right before the N64. DMC3 was a year before the PS3 came out. It's safe to say FF7R is a similar situation.
Well. It’s still gonna tank in sales. Everyone’s gonna be thinking about the next Xbox and PS5.

God, I need to start seeing some launch titles or interesting third party offerings because I STILL don’t know which one to get.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
For those in America, soecifically the States. the Direct premires 9AM Pt, 11AM CT, 12PM ET, and 10AM MT. For Hawaii, it would be 6AM, and in Alaska, 8AM.
For Arizona (you guys are weird), it's also 9:00.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
For those in America, soecifically the States. the Direct premires 9AM Pt, 11AM CT, 12PM ET, and 10AM MT. For Hawaii, it would be 6AM, and in Alaska, 8AM.
For Arizona (you guys are weird), it's also 9:00.
in other words
direct in 4 hours from now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom