• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Finally saw the Steven Universe Future premier. It was alright. I like some of the themes....

IDK though, I’m used to binging this show instead of watching episodes as they come out. So i’m a little zonked out by just... not having the whole story yet.

Steven Universe is a show that excels as a whole rather than as individual chunks. Because the episodes are so short, they all feel like.... moments. An extended look into single scenes that would be much shorter in any other cartoon. And it’s great at that. But because of how that effects the overall plot, it causes many sections of a season to feel like one episode, even though it’s usually a good handful you’re looking at. It really is a show built for streaming services in that way. And I feel like the overall viewing experience would be better if we just had the whole thing now.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The more I look at Hatterene I just

Gosh darn it, it's perfect.

I totally woulda used one in my playthrough if I didn't already have Alcremie and Indeedee on my team.

Definitely using it for my post-game Battle Tower and online teams, though.

D

Deleted member

Someone said my Tom Nook art belongs on r/fakealbumcovers and I can’t unsee it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ah.

This wasn't Minecraft's fault. Its mine.

Something was wrong with my save data before, so I deleted it and now its working.

Huh.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tekken Trailer here.

Leroy's cool as **** and I want to use him. Ganryu's still a total goofball, but adding facial hair and a singular anime spiky bang makes him at least look cooler. I didn't see the other new guy just yet, but I'm about to.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Didn't expect to stay up all night and immediately get texted about Juice Wrld biting the dust.

I swear, Ski Mask is cursed or something man. Something bad happens to all of his friends.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I got Pokémon Sword for my birthday yesterday; it’s been pretty fun so far.

I remember people complaining about TRs, but TMs are still here. The textures may not be as good as Mario Odyssey or whatever, but they seem up to par with some other Switch games from Nintendo, and are still great, so eh; certainly not Gamecube quality, although the Wild Area’s trees do look worse than that. It is a little strange fishing in a city and getting an unfitting battlefield, but it’s not a big deal. Can’t say much on anything else, I haven’t even battled the first gym yet. I love it, though.

I also got Hotel Luigi and the M&L: BIS remake, but I haven’t played them yet. Focused on Pokémon.

Also: I named my Sobble “Gexit” :pikachu:

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Tekken Trailer here.

Leroy's cool as **** and I want to use him. Ganryu's still a total goofball, but adding facial hair and a singular anime spiky bang makes him at least look cooler. I didn't see the other new guy just yet, but I'm about to.
I don't even play Tekken, but damn does Leroy look cool. Him and Street Fighter's G probably have the best designs of any new fighting game characters this decade.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Besides a trailer for the new Smash character, I'm really hoping that Nintendo showcases anything for Metroid or Xenoblade at The Game Awards. I know that it's pretty unrealistic to expect any updates on Prime 4 since development just restarted on it earlier this year, but an announcement of Prime Trilogy being ported to the Switch would certainly be enough to satisfy me in the meantime.

D

Deleted member

Besides a trailer for the new Smash character, I'm really hoping that Nintendo showcases anything for Metroid or Xenoblade at The Game Awards. I know that it's pretty unrealistic to expect any updates on Prime 4 since development just restarted on it earlier this year, but an announcement of Prime Trilogy being ported to the Switch would certainly be enough to satisfy me in the meantime.
I personally hope for Metroid Prime Trilogy Switch or a new 2D Metroid.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Been watching a 100% walkthrough of Donkey Kong Country Returns to pass the time.

Hope to port it to the Switch.

What's currently happening?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Granted, it could have just been nothing but set up since the events of Metroid 2 sparked the X parasite epidemic. I guess Fusion doesn't quite need the same remake treatment that Metroid 2 received as the game still holds up pretty well, but we'll see.

But yeah, more 2D Metroid games pls.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Harada is hilarious. He really is the best.

The other new guy looks cool, kind of like Bruce, but with Sagat like proportions.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Might get something Godzilla vs. Kong related at the WB Panel at 2:30. Here's to hoping.

What I do know is Wonder Woman 1984 will be featured. First one I thought was personally okay so gonna wait until NetFlix for it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of movies, I saw Frozen II yesterday and enjoyed it a lot. Nothing groundbreaking but it was fun. Dub being surprisingly good helped too.

Shoutouts to two grade-school girls who sat in front of me and thoughtfully narrated the entire thing.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Shoutouts to two grade-school girls who sat in front of me and thoughtfully narrated the entire thing.
Reminds me of when I saw Infinity War for the first time. This one girl was talking incredibly loudly throughout the entire movie. Around one and a half hours in, this one guy just couldn’t ****ing take and and snapped at her, telling her to stop. She stayed silent the rest of the film. It was entertaining to watch that unfold.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of movies, I saw Frozen II yesterday and enjoyed it a lot. Nothing groundbreaking but it was fun. Dub being surprisingly good helped too.

Glad that you liked it too!

I personally found it better than the first movie, and seeing you liking it too is awesome! More so after the flack I got on Twitter and Discord for liking it!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Reminds me of when I saw Infinity War for the first time. This one girl was talking incredibly loudly throughout the entire movie. Around one and a half hours in, this one guy just couldn’t ****ing take and and snapped at her, telling her to stop. She stayed silent the rest of the film. It was entertaining to watch that unfold.
I don't get why people even go to the movies if they aren't interested in sitting quietly and watching it. I get it when kids do it, but you'd think teenagers and adults would know basic courtesy.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Glad that you liked it too!

I personally found it better than the first movie, and seeing you liking it too is awesome! More so after the flack I got on Twitter and Discord for liking it!
I didn't watch the first one, so I missed a few references but thankfully the story was still enjoyable.

And no need to care for what internet randos think about your taste in movies. It's none of their business.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I don't get why people even go to the movies if they aren't interested in sitting quietly and watching it. I get it when kids do it, but you'd think teenagers and adults would know basic courtesy.
“Common courtesy? Not on my watch bucko.”

D

Deleted member

My favourite song from the movie had to be this one:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom