• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I had the most interesting dream about the VGAs last night.

It is at the middle of the show. They just got done showing a trailer for a brand new Symphonia remake. Then, all of a sudden, the artstyle switches to a 2.5D like trailer.

I spot the “Not actual gameplay footage” tag. I leap out of my seat, saying “this is it!” Soon, Lloyd mentions that he was “invited” somewhere. “Oh come on, this is too obvious!” I say to myself. The trailer progresses for a bit.... and soon it ends. With a familar message on the screen....

“Now available for Brawhalla!”

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’ve found that every gen of Pokémon gets people asking, “LMAO worst rival ever amirite?”, or “Worst starters ever my dudes!” To me it’s like, “Not everything is bad just because it’s new.”

I think Hop is better than some of the other rivals. It’s been awhile since I’ve played some of the earlier or mid Pokémon titles so I can’t comment on those right now. But X and Y definitely had some poor characters.

Hop is the brother of a champion who feels he has to live up to expectations. Problem is, his best friend clearly becomes better than him, despite him knowing all this Pokémon knowledge like type-advantages, critical hits, etc.

He has to find a way to accept his journey for what it is, even if it means he’ll never be champion like he always dreamed of.

D

Deleted member

Lots of updates I missed for a moment there. I'll be voting for Nico Nico this round so yeah.

Also I'm gonna stop doing this it's just annoying for people who don't like it and it's always off topic so I'll just stop as it's even easier for people who do care to just go to Youtube. Sorry folks, Thanks for putting up with me.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Y'all will probably hear this in the coming weeks, and looking at the situation it's kinda obvious, but Marvel Television will cease to exist and be liquidated into Marvel Studios by the end of the year.

Jeph Loeb is also being moved from Marvel to other projects entirely. Kevin Feige will now decide what shows go forward. He's apparently eyeing shows that can exist in the canon of the MCU without being directly effective to it. Agent Carter is being eyed for another season for this reason and Daredevil and the rest of the Defenders will likely return. Dunno how or when but Charlie Cox is likely to return.

Inhumans movie is being reconsidered for a part of Marvel's upcoming slate. Possibly Phase 5 for an Inhumans vs. X-Men movie that same Phase. Avengers vs. X-Men is definitely happening. That's all I got.
When Kevin Feige's promotion was announced, this is pretty much what I expected, if he's effectively in charge of all of it then why have it be divided at all?

I'm all for this.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
That's not what Jesus would do.

Bout to step in the shower and then I have a few errands to take care of, plus my nephew is over for the weekend.

Hbu?
I'm good, gonna work on finishing the semester today, maybe work on a video game I was designing.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Just gonna put this out there: I was on the "Hop is bad" meme for a while too, but after playing through the game some more, he ain't nearly as bad as some say.

SwSh characters are actually pretty good, TBH.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Plank08

Smash Lord

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Plank08

Smash Lord
Great! How are you?

Well it's kind of an old project. It's a "Roblox Remake" of this game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby-Doo!_Night_of_100_Frights
I haven't been on Roblox in quite a while so I haven't made much progress lately. It was going good, though. Maybe I could show you guys some time.
Oh I’m alright, about to go take my younger cousin to see frozen 2 in a couple hours, and yeah, you should totally show us your project when it’s finished

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I’ve found that every gen of Pokémon gets people asking, “LMAO worst rival ever amirite?”, or “Worst starters ever my dudes!” To me it’s like, “Not everything is bad just because it’s new.”

I think Hop is better than some of the other rivals. It’s been awhile since I’ve played some of the earlier or mid Pokémon titles so I can’t comment on those right now. But X and Y definitely had some poor characters.

Hop is the brother of a champion who feels he has to live up to expectations. Problem is, his best friend clearly becomes better than him, despite him knowing all this Pokémon knowledge like type-advantages, critical hits, etc.

He has to find a way to accept his journey for what it is, even if it means he’ll never be champion like he always dreamed of.
Unless you skip the dialogue, I really don't see how anyone could deny that, at the bare minimum, Hop is better than the XY rivals and Hau. Yes, he does have that generic "I'll always be a good sport" personality that's been somewhat overused, but out of every rival who follows that archetype, I feel like Hop was actually one of the best.

Besides, if you don't enjoy having Hop as a rival, I'd like to think Bede and Marnie make up for it. All three are very different from one another.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom