• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I named Silver, Giorno in this run of Crystal. Because it shares the first three letters with the name Giovanni.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I agree with your overall point, but saying 5 at the minimum is stretching it a bit.

I'm going to be a bit skeptical and say that I don't expect more than 2. Like, if there are more than 2, then great! I'm just not seeing enough evidence to support another 5 characters.
I think there's fairly solid reasoning to expect another full set of characters after the Fighter Pass, assuming that Nintendo is down with it.

D

Deleted member

I think there's fairly solid reasoning to expect another full set of characters after the Fighter Pass, assuming that Nintendo is down with it.

What's your point, exactly?

Like, I get that Nintendo would want(or rather, it's in their best interests) to add as many characters to the game as possible, but I feel unless we get definitive evidence that we have more than 2 characters being developed, I'm going to be skeptical about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

No, not that I recall?
Thanks. Gotta determine how much of this is just a simple guess.

Speaking of that there is somthing you should know about it.

look at the black boxes
View attachment 247518
View attachment 247519
Anyways, neat correlation Connor. However, nothing implies these two are correlated beyond date. Wording is far off because the Nintendo leaker says "New Smash Reveal," not leak.

I wanna believe its KOSMOS, but this isn't gonna cut it.

D

Deleted member

Thanks. Gotta determine how much of this is just a simple guess.

Anyways, neat correlation Connor. However, nothing implies these two are correlated beyond date. Wording is far off because the Nintendo leaker says "New Smash Reveal," not leak.

I wanna believe its KOSMOS, but this isn't gonna cut it.
I was just saying that the dates on these 2 make It fake

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
What's your point, exactly?

Like, I get that Nintendo would want(or rather, it's in their best interests) to add as many characters to the game as possible, but I feel unless we get definitive evidence that we have more than 2 characters being developed, I'm going to be skeptical about it.
The Fighter Pass is a huge success and Nintendo would have to hate making more bank if they followed up on it with a measly two characters.

D

Deleted member

The Fighter Pass is a huge success and Nintendo would have to hate making more bank if they followed up on it with a measly two characters.
I'm not following your logic. Yes, it is in Nintendo's best interests to add more than 2, but that doesn't necessarily mean it WILL be more than 2.

Basically, until we get word of exactly how many are in the second wave, I'm going to be skeptical and assume the absolute minimum(I.E 2)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm not following your logic. Yes, it is in Nintendo's best interests to add more than 2, but that doesn't necessarily mean it WILL be more than 2.

Basically, until we get word of exactly how many are in the second wave, I'm going to be skeptical and assume the absolute minimum(I.E 2)
I never claimed that it would be more than two characters; I simply stated that expecting another set of characters wouldn't be so farfetched because of the first pack's massive success. Nintendo could throw us a curveball and it does end up being another fighter or two to end things on, sure, but I'll remain optimistic and assume that they're willing to make easy money by offering another complete season for the game.

D

Deleted member

Alright, since this thread has grown a bit..

Hey! How's everyone doing today?
I'm fine, just been trying not to get on anyones bad side(and from the looks of it, it looks like I failed miserably)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I would argue that the minimum would be 3 since the character select screen right now has space for exactly 4 characters.

D

Deleted member

I never claimed that it would be more than two characters; I simply stated that expecting another set of characters wouldn't be so farfetched because of the first pack's massive success. Nintendo could throw us a curveball and it does end up being another fighter or two to end things on, sure, but I'll remain optimistic and assume that they're willing to make easy money by offering another complete season for the game.
That's fair enough, honestly.

I'll still remain skeptical of another 5, thou. Unless more evidence comes out in the opposite, i'm not going to get my hopes up just for it to be some random number like 3 or 4.
I would argue that the minimum would be 3 since the character select screen right now has space for exactly 4 characters.
Well, what I was referring too was this:
Screenshot 2019-11-21 at 11.43.10 AM.png

Notice how it says "Fighters" plural. So at the very minimum, 2 characters.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Alright, since this thread has grown a bit..

Hey! How's everyone doing today?
Not too bad.

I used a vacation day and am taking it easy atm. Still kinda feeling the side effects of my terrible day at work yesterday.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Was KOSMOS actively speculated in late August? Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura KarneraMythos KarneraMythos
She's a fairly recent topic in speculation along with other names we have heard about already. The only difference between her and the others is that no one takes her seriously. Meanwhile, Reimu is a dubious case while the "disconfirmed" ones could still show up on some capacity. I'd say it's anyone's game at the Game Awards show, but I'm more inclined to believe that we'll get a Western-favored rep regardless.

If we end up getting KOS-MOS anyhow, no doubt she will "disappoint and confuse" a lot of people. But until then, I'll assume it's all wish-fulfillment. Hype responsibly, folks.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I'm doing fine, came back from school.

BTW, have you entered in your own votes for the Game Awards?
Ye. I voted for Smash in all it was nominated for and I think I voted Link's awakening a couple times but other than that I didn't recognize a lot of the games. Did you vote?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
KOS-MOS would be cool, but if it is her.... they really shouldn’t show her at TGA’s. They need to show her in like, the January direct, where she’ll actually get a positive reception.

D

Deleted member

KOS-MOS would be cool, but if it is her.... they really shouldn’t show her at TGA’s. They need to show her in like, the January direct, where she’ll actually get a positive reception.
I don't think that's true, honestly.

If a character is a controversial pick, it doesn't really matter where you reveal said character, it'll still be controversial(see Piranha Plant, for example)

edit: wait I just released, are you referring to the demographic that would most likely be at the Game Awards? if so, ignore everything above this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The future of gaming is here.

It looks like an actual game, an actual Half-Life game developed by Valve. Now I have my hopes up, I seriously hope this is good.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't think that's true, honestly.

If a character is a controversial pick, it doesn't really matter where you reveal said character, it'll still be controversial(see Piranha Plant, for example)

edit: wait I just released, are you referring to the demographic that would most likely be at the Game Awards? if so, ignore everything above this.
Piranha Plant was revealed in the same direct that disconfirmed a LOT of fan favorite characters lol. But a plant made it in. Of course he was controversial.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
>half life alyx has eli's new voice actor saying his final lines from episode 2
>this means they're likely covering that scene again, despite it being a prologue to hl2

i'm 99.9% sure this game is gonna end with a flashforward to ep 2's ending and a teaser for hl3

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
"where she’ll actually get a positive reception."

Ahahaha, no. That's never gonna happen. KOS-MOS checks off every box that would hypothetically piss off a lot of members in the speculation community, mainly because:
  1. She's in the "literal who" class to most
  2. She's an anime-style video game character
  3. She isn't a kooky cerealbox mascot from the 90's
  4. She isn't a western-appeal character who oozes CHAD energy
  5. She competes against other potential reps from her own company
If by some chance she makes it out of sheer dumb luck (i.e. Sakurai liking her and adding her on his own whims), keep yourself mentally prepared for any potential crying and bawling.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Ahahaha, no. That's never gonna happen. KOS-MOS checks off every box that would hypothetically piss off a lot of members in the speculation community, mainly because:
  1. She's in the "literal who" class to most
  2. She's an anime-style video game character
  3. She isn't a kooky cerealbox mascot from the 90's
  4. She isn't a western-appeal character who oozes CHAD energy
  5. She competes against other potential reps from her own company
If by some chance she makes it out of sheer dumb luck (i.e. Sakurai liking her and adding her on his own whims), keep yourself mentally prepared for any potential crying and bawling.
But BUT on the other hand.

Bear with me.

She's hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom