• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Y'all just don't want to admit Gooigi would be a better pick than everyone else.

Sora? Eh.

Doom Guy? More like snooze guy.

Sakurai gonna add the top tier GOOGIE.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Zinith Zinith I’m also thinking of doing some concepts art of the areas down the line, thoughts on what I could do to give the villages some personality? So far I have in mind that they’d be two story buildings that use the wheels from the Reznor bosses as elevators.
Maybe something revolving Rex's being able to survive being flattened :yoshi:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
tbh I don't think "Gooigi is technically in the game already" is a good reason for why there are no LM3 spirits, especially when, like you already said, he sees no active use.
I didn't say ANYTHING against it. Jsy wanna say something.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I will say, if they make a new Crash game, a more Linear focused one would make sense. The remakes sold really well, and the first 3 games were pretty linear outside of split paths and skips.

Spyro on the other hand should be more open ended. Hell, since both are made by the same dudes now, both of those platformer styles can get more titles in with Crash and Spyro getting games back to back.
This guy is still fighting with me. Now he's telling me that it doesn't matter if the style is fun. It's still "outdated". He also said that Mario and Sonic don't do this style anymore either and I'm like "what the hell are you smoking?"

R O F L

Smash Ace
So, uh, do we know if Nintendo is choosing the post-fighter's pass characters?

I'm pretty sure the fighter's pass characters were originally chosen by Nintendo and had to be approved by Sakurai, but I don't know if that covers just the fighter's pass.

I don't know why I need to know this, i'm just wondering.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I can’t believe Sakurai added Mario with a PhD but not Gooigi, just like how he snubbed Luigi in the original Smash for the N64 and even almost Melee before it was magically patched with an unlock method for him. Gosh dang it Sakurai, stop hating on green.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can’t believe Sakurai added Mario with a PhD but not Gooigi, just like how he snubbed Luigi in the original Smash for the N64 and even almost Melee before it was magically patched with an unlock method for him. Gosh dang it Sakurai, stop hating on green.
Not to be a pessimist, but how would Gooigi fight? He can't even open doors via doorknobs? I know the Gooigi thing is probably a joke and all, but still...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I assume the DW versions of them aren't just made yet right? Seems like a weird stipulation. What with them usually having that Pikachu with the overly round head.
Possibly since they haven't been released yet to my knowledge, though with that said it would be strange if they aren't done by now since SM and XY had theirs released with their respective Global Link sites (which released on or close to their games' release). I'd imagine they would've been available for use by now, assuming that they are still doing them of course.

I feel the bigger issue here was that for some reason up until now they couldn't use Sugimori art. Brawl also had the same issue where they didn't use any Pokémon artwork in the game, but instead gave everyone the Cloud treatment and used the 3D models. So there may be some right issues with the artwork that tied them up, which begs the question how SwSh's set managed to get it sorted it.

Shroob

Sup?
Lowkey

I want more Echoes.

I find it odd they even acknowledged the Echo concept by only adding like, 4 of them and retconning 2 old characters as being Echoes.

I expected a 'lot' more, but they've been nothing but a blip.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Let me put it this way. I wouldn't ever discount the idea of 10 fighters after Season 1 is over.

My thing is, just, that we don't even have Challenger Pack 5, and we're talking about picks 6-15? Bruh, that's a way to burn out conversation...which'll make this place deader than a doorknob.

Are the possibilities endless? Well, maybe. We could get a 1st party pick #6, which would definitely shift the conversation. Or, Pick #6 is yet another 3rd party.

I think it's easier to break down the conversation based on the pass, as it's an indication for what's to come. For all we know, at TGA Doug Bowser shows up and says, "We're adding some characters Nintendo fans know and love, as well as some gaming icons!" which tells us a bit more. Or it's just, "Keeping up with the same model".

I mean hey, speculate to your hearts content. But once your expectations get to a certain point, it's hard to dial them back. I was the same way when I assumed that Snake was totally coming back after Cloud was revealed. I just knew they would do it.

They didn't.

Just enjoy the ride, enjoy the TGA event, and crap yourself when the next character gets revealed.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think I get it now. So water would damage him if he enters the water like Inkling, Sonic, Charizard and others?
I guess so, if echoes allow it.

Let me put it this way. I wouldn't ever discount the idea of 10 fighters after Season 1 is over.

My thing is, just, that we don't even have Challenger Pack 5, and we're talking about picks 6-15? Bruh, that's a way to burn out conversation...which'll make this place deader than a doorknob.

Are the possibilities endless? Well, maybe. We could get a 1st party pick #6, which would definitely shift the conversation. Or, Pick #6 is yet another 3rd party.

I think it's easier to break down the conversation based on the pass, as it's an indication for what's to come. For all we know, at TGA Doug Bowser shows up and says, "We're adding some characters Nintendo fans know and love, as well as some gaming icons!" which tells us a bit more. Or it's just, "Keeping up with the same model".

I mean hey, speculate to your hearts content. But once your expectations get to a certain point, it's hard to dial them back. I was the same way when I assumed that Snake was totally coming back after Cloud was revealed. I just knew they would do it.

They didn't.

Just enjoy the ride, enjoy the TGA event, and crap yourself when the next character gets revealed.
Doug Bowser personally told me that Sakurai will be adding a second Bowser with a tuxedo to differentiate him, because you can never have enough Bowser.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

They didn't.

I mean, that's fine and all but speculating on the future is all we got.

Because any day now Verg or Sabi could open their yap and every day until TGAs is just

"X character is it?"

"Yup, X at TGAs."

"Okay, X at TGAs."

You wanna talk about burning out conversations? That's what leakers do to this place after the initial freak out wave wears off.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Because any day now Verg or Sabi could open their yap and every day until TGAs is just

"X character is it?"

"Yup, X at TGAs."

"Okay, X at TGAs."

You wanna talk about burning out conversations? That's what leakers do to this place after the initial freak out wave wears off.
That's why I like the idea of revealing a character early before we know the gameplay. It ends the endless speculation on what may come, and instead we get to imagine how Sakurai will do the character, which moves he'll draw from, what their playstyle will be. That is way more fun to me. And the only character we really got to do that with was Joker. Hero and Banjo came with gameplay trailers and Terry was already from a fighting game.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

"X character is it?"

"Yup, X at TGAs."

"Okay, X at TGAs."

If everyone agrees to spoiler tag whatever Verg or Sabi says, maybe that could be lessened a bit?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Y’know, speaking of Sabi, I don’t like the psycho murder stuff or whatever in Danganronpa, but man would I feel hyped for Monokuma, maybe ‘cause of his design.

Bringing this up ‘cause of Sabi’s recent, seemingly trollish tweet. He said it wasn’t a hint but good gosh he was clearly being sly and referencing Danganronpa, maybe not a hint for Smash though and it honestly feels like trolling.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If everyone agrees to spoiler tag whatever Verg or Sabi says, maybe that could be lessened a bit?
No.

Because people will still be talking about them, just through spoiler tags.

Look at Hero, for example.

We 'knew' something Square Enix was coming since ****ing September 2018 due to Verg, and after the datamine and 'the list', it was obvious it was Dragon Quest.

So when we finally saw Hero at E3, I wasn't excited as a fan of the Dragon Quest series, it was more a "Jfc finally it's over." due to how long and drawn out this "We know it's coming but when" was drawn out.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
No.

Because people will still be talking about them, just through spoiler tags.

Look at Hero, for example.

We 'knew' something Square Enix was coming since ****ing September 2018 due to Verg, and after the datamine and 'the list', it was obvious it was Dragon Quest.

So when we finally saw Hero at E3, I wasn't excited as a fan of the Dragon Quest series, it was more a "Jfc finally it's over." due to how long and drawn out this "We know it's coming but when" was drawn out.
But if you spoiler tag it then it's optional whether the people in this chat see the spoilers, otherwise everyone is forced to see them.

Shroob

Sup?
But if you spoiler tag it then it's optional whether the people in this chat see the spoilers, otherwise everyone is forced to see them.
And then all it takes is one person to "Whoopsie" and the secret's out.

especially since you'll have people coming in late to the convo and going "GUYS DID YOU SEE WHAT VERG SAID/WATCH PAPAGENOS NEWEST VIDEO?!"

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Not to be rude, but if you want to avoid leaks, this'll be the last place you'd want to be.

You pretty much have to avoid the internet when a game like Smash leaks.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Speaking of Verge, Sabi, PapaGenos, whoever, when are they going to say anything next, even if it is very small?

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of Verge, Sabi, PapaGenos, whoever, when are they going to say anything next, even if it is very small?
Papagenos just reports on leaks, so whenever Verg or Sabi say anything, he'll report on it.

Vergeben 100% knows who character 5 is, there's no way in hell he'd be able to throw out so many deconfirmations left and right if he didn't.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
The problem is I don't want to have to stop talking to you people to avoid spoilers. Everyone spoiler tags literally everything else, why not smash spoilers? But yeah, even if we agree to this i'm sure someone would miss the memo and mess it up anyway.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Papagenos just reports on leaks, so whenever Verg or Sabi say anything, he'll report on it.

Vergeben 100% knows who character 5 is, there's no way in hell he'd be able to throw out so many deconfirmations left and right if he didn't.
Okay then, let me rephrase.

When will Vergeben even give a slight hint of any kind on the 5th fighter?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nah, it's not like that. I hate seeing people get upset.

For me, I just think it's funny when we all think we got Nintendo figured out and they throw a curve-ball. It spices things up!
Wouldn't want to be in that ****storm! LOL

The problem is I don't want to have to stop talking to you people to avoid spoilers. Everyone spoiler tags literally everything else, why not smash spoilers? But yeah, even if we agree to this i'm sure someone would miss the memo and mess it up anyway.
Ah, the possibilities, possible reasons for doing this, possible reasons for not doing that. They just never end, do they?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, he's said who it ISN'T.

And it's not:

Doomguy
Geno
Scorpion
Ryu Hyabusa
Yeah, but another hint would be nice. Doesn't have to be big, and may have to be tiny, or smaller than small, but anything that can add to the discussion will do. Speaking of which, has he disconfirmed Crash yet? If not, why not?

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, but another hint would be nice. Doesn't have to be big, and may have to be tiny, or smaller than small, but anything that can add to the discussion will do. Speaking of which, has he disconfirmed Crash yet? If not, why not?
Verg's stupidly careful when it comes to characters.

It took him until August to say :ultincineroar: was the Gen 7 Pokemon despite Incineroar being common knowledge in leak circles since late June.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom