• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
They still need the help including help by third party devs

WiiU wasnt great at all, infact that was nintendo at their worst. You can tell they were suffering from HD development when the first game they annouce on that thing was Nintendo Land and another NEW SMB game. The console was already at failure at launch cause nintendo had no real big games on that thing. They had to announced Xenoblade X and FExSMT(The teaser was literally the one they used to greenlit the project) extremely early because they had nothing else the time to excite their player base. The fact that they avoided almost a decade of HD development by making the Wii, a weaker system at the time was full evidence of them trying to avoid it.
TBH I'd hardly call Super Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Splatoon 1, Mario 3D World, two pretty great Zelda remasters, and other titles "Nintendo at their worst" but to each their own.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m gonna build up speed on a SM64 level to arrive inside a parallel universe where it is already December 12th.

Wish me luck.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
TBH I'd hardly call Super Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Splatoon 1, Mario 3D World, two pretty great Zelda remasters, and other titles "Nintendo at their worst" but to each their own.
Compared to what they had on Gamecube, Wii and, SNES?

its pretty bad
3 of those arent even original games

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Fortnite wins an award
And then the screen goes black
And then
This
You joke, but seeing fortnite representation in Smash is more plausible than you might think, moreso as something smaller in the vein of a spirit event or a mii costume wave, as opposed to a fully-fledged fighter. It'd actually be pretty funny and surreal to see the same game that's crossed over with titles like Persona, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, and Metal Gear, having no issues with Jonesy running around in their ballpark.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Compared to what they had on Gamecube, Wii and, SNES?

its pretty bad
3 of those arent even original games
I'm just gonna save both of us the time and energy and say we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this. Nintendo's HD development has been fine in my book, but if you're not into it, that's cool. The Wii U's problem, IMHO, was definitely not for a lack of great games. It was poor marketing and the Gamepad making for a poor selling point.

SKX31

Smash Master
I think there's a good chance he may make an appearance.
Pretty good chance, yes.

There's that weird wildcard, the upcoming Chinese Switch launch (and its presentation), but I've been following that (and posting updates on the Newcomer thread) and rate that as a low chance. So Sakurai's pretty likely for VGA.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You joke, but seeing fortnite representation in Smash is more plausible than you might think, moreso as something smaller in the vein of a spirit event or a mii costume wave, as opposed to a fully-fledged fighter. It'd actually be pretty funny and surreal to see the same game that's crossed over with titles like Persona, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, and Metal Gear, having no issues with Jonesy running around in their ballpark.
If they bring Fortnite in then Minecraft better come with it. Just have both the mass market cash cows.

Shroob

Sup?
A bit surreal that December 12th isn't that far away.

I'm just ready to put who 5 is to bed and wait patiently for their Janyary/Feb....

Most like January release, let's be honest.

GhostM

Phantom
Oh, hey, nice to meet ya!(gesus that stupid rap won't get out of my head ararharhahr)

I guess you could say I'm the local obscure card game shiller around here :p

Do you like card games, by any chance?
(I was going to make an ASDF movie reference here from the whole "Do you like Lemons" skit but knowing me it would turn out like crap an hour in)
I’m pretty basic with card games so games like Uno and Blackjack are some of my favorites. Learned how to play blackjack on my own but of course no real bets are made.

Hi there, i'm doing pretty ok what about you? Also I dunno if we've met but your name looks vaguely familiar.
I’m alright, but no, I don’t think we’ve met before. I didn’t know that my name was familiar to someone. I usually play Dolphin Melee online occasionally but play more Ultimate. Might have to swap the tables since competitive Melee is more of an interest.

D

Deleted member

Welp, tonights the night of our school's coffee house(located outside of the building) and I just remembered my Mom won't be here to pick me up for a little bit. Eh, I'm on good terms with pretty much all of the staff, so it's not a big deal.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m working on designing my main Justice League members for my show. And I want to give Wonder Woman pants. But I wanna still have the star spangled underwear. Just do it like Classic Superman and Batman. But I don’t know what color to make the pants then. They can’t be blue because they’d blend in with the underwear. They can’t be red because they’d blend in with the. Boots. I’m just stumped. Anyone have any ideas?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Welp, tonights the night of our school's coffee house(located outside of the building) and I just remembered my Mom won't be here to pick me up for a little bit. Eh, I'm on good terms with pretty much all of the staff, so it's not a big deal.
School coffee houses <3

A bunch of my marching band friends participated in it my senior year, and it's one of the best school memories I have today.

D

Deleted member

I’m pretty basic with card games so games like Uno and Blackjack are some of my favorites. Learned how to play blackjack on my own but of course no real bets are made.

I’m alright, but no, I don’t think we’ve met before. I didn’t know that my name was familiar to someone. I usually play Dolphin Melee online occasionally but play more Ultimate. Might have to swap the tables since competitive Melee is more of an interest.
This is normally the point where I would make a joke about TCGS, but I can't really think of any good ones.
Instead, may as well:

That feeling when someone says they like card games:
School coffee houses <3

A bunch of my marching band friends participated in it my senior year, and it's one of the best school memories I have today.
Fun fact(well, more so a gruesome one)

We're raising money thru the Coffee House for the family of a, quite-literally, dead child who died recently(died a few mondays ago from I believe some kinda cancer?)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I was told to get a check up for the rabbit but damn it, Im scared it will take everything out of my account and then how will I buy animal crossing.. of course i got the appointment anyway but..well, I guess making sure my rabbit isnt gonna die is more important then Animal Crossing

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I do find it kinda funny that so many people are saying Death Stranding was too new to be nominated. At the time of the 2017 Game Awards, Super Mario Odyssey was only a week older than Death Stranding will be at the 2019 Game Awards.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I beat luigis mansion 3. It was really fun, the ending is very wholesome

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>in the wild area
>finds a Dynamax Flygon
>Flygon: "You dare challenge me?!"