• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also if you own discord nitro right now you get 3 months of gamepass free

what the ****ing ****

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lmao I just watched some of Sword and Shield

Zacian really going Super Saiyan with that damn sound effect and the turning animation is absolutely superb. Hope this game spawns some memes like 06.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
You tried to stir the pot, but it "wasn't very effective."

Because there's already ample proof that the same models were used in LGPE.

So let's not, we're having a good day without SwSd drama for once.
Is that supposed to diminish the work put into models in the first place? They were made from scratch at some point, do you really think its cost effective or beneficial to anybody to remake everything over and over again?

The point the tweet makes is that nobody knows how much effort goes into making something. So why would they recreate something from scratch just to run into those issues all over again?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So, Willow had her surgery today, the vet says she should be fine after a couple weeks of recovery, worst case scenario she has a limp.
20191114_133912.jpg

She had an unlikely nurse for a few minutes earlier today too.
20191114_155356.jpg

Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester I know you were interested in her recovery.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'mma stir the pot a bit cuz I just found **** that corroborates what I was saying the other night and I think it deserves another look.

Collapsing it because of bad word. These two tweets should paint ya'll a picture.

Smooth Criminal
Those models that Game Freak made during Sun and Moon were specifically made for future proofing with the Switch and engine they would be using in mind. With that being the case? No, it's not that hard to port those models over to a Switch game that's using an upscale Sun and Moon engine which in turn is the same engine used in X, Y, AND, ORAS.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I had the chance to eat the Popeye's chicken sandwich today. I can't believe people killed each other over this thing, it's so bland.

Shroob

Sup?
Is that supposed to diminish the work put into models in the first place? They were made from scratch at some point, do you really think its cost effective or beneficial to anybody to remake everything over and over again?

The point the tweet makes is that nobody knows how much effort goes into making something. So why would they recreate something from scratch just to run into those issues all over again?
Again.

The issue isn't that they're reused, it's that Masuda said that the reason cuts were happening was because they were having to rebuild everything from the ground up.

If you bought a "new" car only to find out it had 10k miles on it, then yeah you would feel pretty lied to.

Masuda broke consumer trust. "Developers lie all the time, why does this matter?" Is not a hill I'm dying on. If you're going to lie, at least lie about something that can't be proven by the fanbase.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I had the chance to eat the Popeye's chicken sandwich today. I can't believe people killed each other over this thing, it's so bland.
Agree, fighting and killing each other over a freaking sandwich, humans are becoming more and more ridiculous.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
After playing Luigi's Mansion 3 it's a bit surrael to see how Charles Martinet's Luigi voice has changed within the past decade. It's a lot deeper than what we have in Smash right now, which is just using the same voice clips from Brawl.

And man don't get me started on before his mushrooms dropped with his squeaky high-pitched voice in Smash 64 and Melee

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah. Man got stabbed over the Popeyes sandwich.

Some stupid **** but we're also aiding in killing ourselves as a species so what else is new.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
After playing Luigi's Mansion 3 it's a bit surrael to see how Charles Martinet's Luigi voice has changed within the past decade. It's a lot deeper than what we have in Smash right now, which is just using the same voice clips from Brawl.

And man don't get me started on before his mushrooms dropped with his squeaky high-pitched voice in Smash 64 and Melee
His voice in 64 and Melee was just Mario's higher pitched.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I was never big on chicken anyways and I'm glad I haven't got the damn thing.

Though Popeyes is the only chicken place I can eat from without feeling some type of way, but I guess that's tainted now that people will literally kill standing in line so **** that.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I was never big on chicken anyways and I'm glad I haven't got the damn thing.

Though Popeyes is the only chicken place I can eat from without feeling some type of way, but I guess that's tainted now that people will literally kill standing in line so **** that.
What did I miss..?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Looked it up because the voice was so different.

Charles Martinet didn't voice Luigi in Mario Party 2.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Mario Party came after Mario Kart 64. :secretkpop: He retconned the deep voice.
The person who voiced Luigi in Mario Party also voiced Luigi in the Japanese version of Mario Kart 64.

He got straight up replaced by Martinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom