• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Aww **** buddy, you guys are freaking out. Just have another cup of coffee. Here, Barney'll give you a cigarette.

N3ON N3ON where did you find your avi and what's it from?
Self-portrait.

That would be the abomination of Chain Chompette, in all her glory. Couldn't tell you which wormhole I was falling down when I found it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Aww **** buddy, you guys are freaking out. Just have another cup of coffee. Here, Barney'll give you a cigarette.

Self-portrait.

That would be the abomination of Chain Chompette, in all her glory. Couldn't tell you which wormhole I was falling down when I found it.
What? Who the hell is Barney? You've lost your mind. You lost your god damn mind, N3ON!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Self-portrait.

It's the cutest abomination I've ever seen, but that's also a rabid dog turned into human woman so I'll just stop talking.

D

Deleted member

lol Sorry, didn't mean to sound aggressive; I was mostly joking with the 'didn't get hit enough' thing lol. Playing on PS4, I don't see many mouse Hanzo players (more widow than anything else) and people's aim with his Storm Arrow has been awful. There are the occasional good players, but its much harder for them to delete someone with. I was killed by a random Scatter Arrows as a full-health 500hp Tank so often that it infuriated me. I find this so much better lol.
Eh, it's fine, but as a PC player, I find Storm Arrow so much worse, due to being able to score lucky headshots just by flailing the mouse around. I guess there's just naturally a difference with how console and PC players perceive abilities, especially aim dependent ones like these ones. I imagine flick shots an tracking is much harder on console, thus indirectly making Storm weaker there than on PC, especially when compared to Scatter, where you only have to aim once. Like seriously, they should at least remove headshots from Storm Arrow, it's already strong enough against big targets like barriers and most tanks.

I like the idea behind Scatter, especially combined with Sonar, it's just the execution wasn't the best. The ability to hit around corners gave him an edge over Widow when needed, who otherwise beats Hanzo, due to hitscan just being more precise and also not affected by gravity. Right now Hanzo just feels useless, especially with the forced 2-2-2. As a sniper, Widow (and even Ana to an extend) beat him. As a close/mid-range fighter, I'd rather take McCree, Ashe, Reaper, Mei, Doomfist or even Junkrat, as, unlike Hanzo, all of those either have better utility, power or survivability.

During the Hanzo rework period, it was stated the team experimented with a Piercing Arrow, which would, well... pierce enemy barriers. It was scrapped due to not being fun, according to them, though I think it wouldn't be a bad idea in the current state where double barrier is so prevalent. Since the rework, Brigitte and Sigma were introduced, pretty sure Winston's got buffed (might be wrong) and Symmetra lost her ability to shoot through them with her secondary, too. It would help give Hanzo some use where Widow would fail.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Food for thought from GameFaqs:
Not saying I believe the "leak" or anything. Just think it's interesting.
Dude, I just want Mick ****ing Gordon music in Smash Killer Instinct, Doom, Wolfenstein, whatever. The dude makes some of the most badass themes I've ever heard in my life.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Y’know, since Imran Khan said Season 2 DLC was decided around E3 this year, I’m thinkin’ “Spirits Deconfirm” can finally be buried deep in the ground.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I keep up with Matpat for his FNAF videos. It's always a good time
I maintain that his only good “lore theories” are the FNaF Ones. I prefer the videos that are rioted in science and mathematics. Which moreso serve the purpose of education than anything else. Like how he just used electric type pokémon to teach how lightning worked. Or when he used that dumb spongebob adoption theory as an excuse to talk about genetics. Or how he taught us how helicopters worked by analyzing Chun-Li. Those videos rock. The lore theories... hit or miss. And they miss more than they hit.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Now I remembered why we should never do Circle Sim.
So Strong Bad got eliminated leaving Cyndane and Mic_128 for the ban hammer event.
They both got taken out. So looks like I'm just gonna have... NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy be the one in the Banhammer event. Sorry but everyone else got eliminated.
O ****. I can't believe Cyn Cyn Strong Badam Strong Badam AND Mic_128 Mic_128 are all ****ing dead.

D

Deleted member

Y’know, since Imran Khan said Season 2 DLC was decided around E3 this year, I’m thinkin’ “Spirits Deconfirm” can finally be buried deep in the ground.
Shouldn't it be buried when it actually happens though? Seems premature.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Just wanna step in here and say that while Toby Fox is a hella talented composer and musician, Mick Gordon is just absolutely legendary. Dude puts an insane amount of work into each and every single track he puts out for whatever game he's doing. For example, for his redux of Jago's theme for KI 2013, he legit went to a monastery in Tibet for research and learned how to do the throat chants in the song. That's him being sampled; those are his vocals. Spinal's theme for KI 2013 was recorded with an actual kangling, a horn made from the femur bone. The dude is just insane.

There is a reason why people speak of him so reverently.

Smooth Criminal

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Shouldn't it be buried when it actually happens though? Seems premature.
I still don’t know why people think spirits deconfirm at all. If he wants to add a character as a fighter, and they’re already a spirit, just change the name of said spirit to like Rayman (Legends) or Shantae (Half-Genie Hero) or Geno (Super Mario RPG). There are plenty of workarounds that it’s definitely not a tech issue.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I still don’t know why people think spirits deconfirm at all. If he wants to add a character as a fighter, and they’re already a spirit, just change the name of said spirit to like Rayman (Legends) or Shantae (Half-Genie Hero) or Geno (Super Mario RPG). There are plenty of workarounds that it’s definitely not a tech issue.
At first it was this logic: “if they wanted them for DLC, they wouldn’t have made them a Spirit!” since it seemed the Fighters Pass choices started earlier last year.

But now they can’t say that without being shut down by Smash 4 Lucas and Mewtwo.

I know Sakurai said something about “new worlds” or whatever, but SMRPG’s world would still expand the crossover element since we only have Geno and Mallow as glorified stickers and no other characters or even the world itself from it. We don’t know what exactly is going on in his head, either, and if he was actually that strict about the new worlds thing where he doesn’t count the characters’ games’ stuff or actual worlds, he could still make an exception.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At first it was this logic: “if they wanted them for DLC, they wouldn’t have made them a Spirit!” since it seemed the Fighters Pass choices started earlier last year.

But now they can’t say that without being shut down by Smash 4 Lucas and Mewtwo.

I know Sakurai said something about “new worlds” or whatever, but SMRPG’s world would still expand the crossover element since we only have Geno and Mallow as glorified stickers and no other characters or even the world itself from it. We don’t know what exactly is going on in his head, either, and if he was actually that strict about the new worlds thing, he could still make an exception.
I still maintain that SMRPG is an untapped area of nostalgia that Nintendo can and should capitalize on now that they’re friendly with Square again. Put Geno in Smash as a test case. Really hype it up with a stage and a spirit board and everything. And if it does well, then talk to Square about a remake PRONTO.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I know Sakurai said something about “new worlds” or whatever, but SMRPG’s world would still expand the crossover element since we only have Geno and Mallow as glorified stickers and no other characters or even the world itself from it. We don’t know what exactly is going on in his head, either.
That...doesn't really work, considering Mario RPG takes place in the world of Mario.

Smash 4 isn't Smash Ultimate. What happened then doesn't necessarily apply now. It would make more sense to say "Spirits disconfirming is dead" once a Spirit character actually becomes playable. Sure, Lucas & Mewtwo came back, but they were veterans. The same cannot be said for any future DLC characters. Is it impossible? No. But should it be considered likely? I would say, probably not.

If we "don't know what exactly is going on in his head" then we can't assume Spirits will be upgraded either.

There's simply no reason, at this point, to assume a Spirit will be upgraded when every other DLC pack has been entirely new to Smash. Unless, of course, there's something out there that implies that the dev team would suddenly upgrade a character.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I honestly hope that Geno makes it in just so people can shut the **** up about Spirits being hard deconfirmations for the rest of Ultimate's life cycle.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'd be pretty meh when it comes to geno, but the fact that him getting in would confirm my suspicions that third parties aren't limited to one character when it comes to DLC and that'd be pretty exciting on my end.

I always assumed that anyways, but it'd be a cool confirmation, just to make Steve seem that more likely in my eyes...

tho tbh this could happen with just about any other character from either Sega/Atlus, SNK, or Square and it'd accomplish the same job.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think it would be more painful if Geno made it in, so it confirms that Spirits don't deconfirm fighters, but then like

It's just Geno. No other spirits, just Geno. Imagine all the Spirit theories and overhyping of certain spirits just for it to crash and burn in the end.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
It's gonna be a long road to December. Imagine if they don't even announce a character at the VGA's. This whole community would implode on itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom