• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
They still publish those? Man do I feel old. I had up to Gen 3.

I used to carry the original Gen 1 book with fat Pikachu around with me religiously. I think I might still have it in a closet somewhere.
I have an old Gen 3 one, one based more on the anime all about the Orange Islands, this one, and the " Classic Collector's Handbook," which I think is a reissue of the original with some extra content.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What'll you give me for the info?

Lol just kidding
View attachment 240978
YES! Now my smash bros costumes selection can commence! I knew it has all those weird cosplaying Pikachus. For whatever reason.

Fun Fact: When I saw the kid with the book I told him how it would be outdated pretty soon when Sword and Sheild came out and he let out the biggest groan.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
YES! Now my smash bros costumes selection can commence! I knew it has all those weird cosplaying Pikachus. For whatever reason.

Fun Fact: When I saw the kid with the book I told him how it would be outdated pretty soon when Sword and Sheild came out and he let out the biggest groan.
Glad I could help, but all you had to do was search "cosplay Pikachu" haha it was a feature added to ORAS.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just got sent this and this is truly accurate:

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Can someone tell me why our new neighbors keep having super loud parties late at night? I mean, I honestly don't mind it, but I'm curious why they think they can just do that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know.... I really wanna see how Sakurai does a character from an FPS. Someone who's abilities are all shooting weapons with no real melee combat. How do you make that work?
I'm assuming like Mii Gunner in Concept, hell and a few others too. Other Gun characters like Samus and Mega Man have either quite a few projectiles(namely Mega Man) or use their gun as a blunt object(namely Samus). Mega Man's got plenty of Melee moves, most of which are technically hand to hand, and two of them use the Mega Buster in a similar fashion to the Robot Masters the moves are based on. As well as his grab game. Of course the Buster, just like his own games functions well in both long and short range combat. And the Leaf Shield technically is both a melee and projectile weapon.

So with that in mind, you'd probably let them have multiple projectiles like Mega Man, and have them use their gun as a blunt object like Samus. Technically Dark Samus would count as such, but that's splitting hairs since she's a boss character normally anyhow.

OR, you go for a character who's toolset isn't just guns.

Take Master Chief, He's got a Plasma Sword, and there's this big hammer weapon in some Halo titles too. So those could be two melee weapons for him to use. The Hammer for Smash Attacks and a Meteor Air move, and the Sword for quicker attacks. He's also got a ton of sci-fi and realistic weaponry to pull from. Grenades, Missles, Lasers and so on.

Doom Slayer can do normal ass punches and kicks, and has a chainsaw. The newer games have some sword or blade arm too.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I got bored and for some reason I compiled a list of actors I think would be great playing Ghostbusters, existing or new:
-Will Arnett
-Lin Manuel-Miranda
-Sterling K. Brown
-Anthony Mackie
-Paul Rudd
-Chris Evans
-Ryan Reynolds
-Oscar Issac
-Adam Scott
-Zoe Saldana
-Hayley Atwell
-Kathryn Hahn
-Elizabeth Olsen
-Steven Yeun
-Tyler Labine
-Mariska Hargitay
-John Krasinski
-Emily Blunt
-Jake Johnson
-Armie Hammer
-Karl Urban
-Nathan Fillion
-Randall Park
-Elizabeth Banks
-Carrie Anne-Moss
-Regina King

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So I got bored and for some reason I compiled a list of actors I think would be great playing Ghostbusters, existing or new:
-Will Arnett
-Lin Manuel-Miranda
-Sterling K. Brown
-Anthony Mackie
-Paul Rudd
-Chris Evans
-Ryan Reynolds
-Oscar Issac
-Adam Scott
-Zoe Saldana
-Hayley Atwell
-Kathryn Hahn
-Elizabeth Olsen
-Steven Yeun
-Tyler Labine
-Mariska Hargitay
-John Krasinski
-Emily Blunt
-Jake Johnson
-Armie Hammer
-Karl Urban
-Nathan Fillion
-Randall Park
-Elizabeth Banks
-Carrie Anne-Moss
-Regina King
Some of those are pretty cool. I think it's important to get comedians to play the Ghostbusters. There more about being funny then being action heroes.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wish there was a marshmallow cereal for Minecraft.

I remember making a creeper-themed cereal box in 9th grade Marketing, and had the idea that the marshmallows would kind of pop in your mouth. The marshmallows were TNT, Creeper faces, and diamonds. The rest was generic oat cereal. The Creeper was the cereal mascot, but we need Steve and Alex there with it.

Thank you for reading my post that’s unrelated to what anyone is talking about.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
How do you make Knuckles' wall climbing not slow as ****? WALL SPIN DASHING.

Thats a cool mechanic i never thought of
I still think the infinity engine is the best so far just based off the cool little details like shadows skate shoes emitting fire and leaving fire trails behind him

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Some of those are pretty cool. I think it's important to get comedians to play the Ghostbusters. There more about being funny then being action heroes.
I mean I’m also taking into consideration how these guys are offscreen as well as their more comedic roles, I know some have more than others, but I’ll keep working on it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't know if this was brought up or not, probably not because of how simply done everyone was with the subject, but one of the Ponyta at the end of that stream I already want to forget I stayed awake for has no tail. At first, I thought it was a glitch, but someone thought of another reason that makes some sense.

Also. It doesn't mention this, but the one without the tail seems to have a larger mane. But I might be mistaking that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom