• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So any books you guys currently reading? Currently reading The Great Zoo of China.

Think Jurassic Park but with dragons.

Also reading A Different Flesh by Harry Turtledove.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Seeing how they're called "double protagonists", I don't think there'll be a permanent third main character. It can be an interesting dynamic if they play up the contrast between those two.
It's possible the promotional material is misleading and we're getting a series split up into two separate stories. One follows Ash traveling in Galar to continue following his dreams of becoming a Pokemon Master, and the other with Gao, who wants to catch all Pokemon and find Mew.

I'd be fine with that. I just don't want this new show to literally be, "Hey, we're gonna catch a few Pokemon in each episode until Gao literally catches them all."

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ash is still 10...

I mean I expected it, but still.
Kid somehow had achieved immortality through some way. Why he hasn't aged.

That's what would been interesting actually. They could of had Ash on this journey being most of his life and any episode of every year with him aging until where he is now.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ll catch an episode or two of the new anime, don’t know if I like the idea of it being based off the mobile game though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So any books you guys currently reading? Currently reading The Great Zoo of China.

Think Jurassic Park but with dragons.

Also reading A Different Flesh by Harry Turtledove.
Le Guin's Searoad.

It's surprisingly good, if somehow melancholic.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's possible the promotional material is misleading and we're getting a series split up into two separate stories. One follows Ash traveling in Galar to continue following his dreams of becoming a Pokemon Master, and the other with Gao, who wants to catch all Pokemon and find Mew.

I'd be fine with that. I just don't want this new show to literally be, "Hey, we're gonna catch a few Pokemon in each episode until Gao literally catches them all."
From the press release and the image itself, which has Ash and Gou interacting in the background a lot, I don't think they're separate. The new show seems to be based off of Go far more than Sword and Shield.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Yeah.. you know, considering this is supposed to coincide with Pokemon's return to home consoles...

I expected them to focus more on that than a spinoff mobile game from 3 years ago.

Probably won't watch the anime, since I haven't watched Pokemon in years. But hopefully this actually turns out to be... interesting, at least.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I’ll catch an episode or two of the new anime, don’t know if I like the idea of it being based off the mobile game though.
I haven't seen the show yet, nor have I seen any actual footage, so I'll give the series the benefit of the doubt for now.

Still, I feel like my concerns from a month ago were validated. The anime putting its focus on a mobile game is a very discouraging sign for the future of the Pokemon anime.

Yeah.. you know, considering this is supposed to coincide with Pokemon's return to home consoles...

I expected them to focus more on that than a spinoff mobile game from 3 years ago.

Probably won't watch the anime, since I haven't watched Pokemon in years. But hopefully this actually turns out to be... interesting, at least.
Just do what I'm doing and try reserving judgement until it airs. Maybe this is better than it sounds.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Just do what I'm doing and try reserving judgement until it airs. Maybe this is better than it sounds.
Maybe. If they do it right, this could be an interesting new direction for the anime. Jury's out for now.

But again, I don't care too much about the anime series nowadays.

Viva la revolution!
Hoo boy, it's that time of day again.
tenor.gif

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Year: 2029. Ultimate is getting its fourth story mode DLC. You are playing as a Sakurai Mii trying to escape Nintendo headquarters. In the back of your head, you wonder if developers are trying to tell you something.
I know you joshing here, but

Sakurai: I enjoy my work and this game!
Fans: Poor soul someone give him a vacation

Has been unironically said and it is funny

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean, to be fair, they did kinda give him an androgynous look.

But it's nice to have confirmation

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Year: 2029. Ultimate is getting its fourth story mode DLC. You are playing as a Sakurai Mii trying to escape Nintendo headquarters. In the back of your head, you wonder if developers are trying to tell you something.
The idea of Ultimate actually getting Story dlc later tickles me pink. But no way in hell it would ever happen. I desperately want Subspace Emissary 2.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
To be fair, a boy having thick eyelashes and hair clips with softer features isn't very common in children's media.
but it sure is super common in Japanese media.There are tons of Japanese animes that have boys with long eyelashes and maybe a hairclip or two

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dragon Quest XI is okay so far, but goddamn is it one of the loudest Switch games ever. Even on one of the lower audio settings, I have to ****ing half my TV volume settings just because the trumpets are just that loud. The main theme is kind of annoying, and for some reason the after-battle quotes have the same volume as the loudest volume possible, not any custom volume you assign.

Currently I'm in Hotto, the village of haikus that I didn't know was the village of haikus until I actually questioned why the text was bordered so weirdly.

Yeah. They released a trailer for the new Pokemon series a few hours ago, if you can even call it a trailer.

Seems like it'll be based off Pokemon Go, not SwSh.
i mean at least that way they don't have to off the entire ****ing show.

unless pokemon go bites the dust

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still just can't get enough of Abominable. It was better then I actually expected and I'd go on to say I like it equally as much as HTTYD: THW. Executed personally as I thought. :)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh, some people thought the new deuteragonist of the pokanime was a girl?

seemed pretty obvious to me that it was a dude. :nifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom