• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Idk on calling a character too similar just yet. I mean, people said the same thing about Hero and Link, and look how true that turned out to be.
Honestly, if you take away Hero's down special, all you're essentially left with is a weird mashup of Link, Marth, Ike, and Robin.

That one move is his saving grace.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Do you think Sirfetch'd will evolve from the original Farfetch'd or a Galarian Farfetch'd?

Hopefully the former.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly, if you take away Hero's down special, all you're essentially left with is a weird mashup of Link, Marth, Ike, and Robin.

Man, remember the time when Link could critical hit in SSB64?

'guess that's why we don't see many :link64: players.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do you think Sirfetch'd will evolve from the original Farfetch'd or a Galarian Farfetch'd?

Hopefully the former.
It’s definitely the later. The base colors don’t match with farfetch’d at all. They are much darker.

Which evolutions don’t stray too far from the original color scheme usually.

The really dark pallets scream it’s a galarian form to me.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Are we talking borrowed moves? Because every DLC character has them, in fact, every character has them. Joker has a lot of reused animations, and yet he plays like none of the characters he takes moves from. Hero uses some animations from other swordies, but all of the properties are different (btw, he almost shares nothing with Robin aside that they use magic). Banjo would be a weird mash up of a lot of characters, because almost all of his moves have been done before, but he olays nothing alike.

And if we're going breakdown, Hero shares like 3 moves with Link, he's more Roy than Marth (and even at that shares like 3 attacks), shares nothing with Robin, and like 2 with Ike, both of which is are stretches.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m at 5000 gsp with banjo.

But I haven’t unlocked Elite Smash. How the hell do you get it? I’ve never u locked it before.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Are we really surprised some characters share similar moves on a roster made up of 70+ characters?

Minor things like that are inevitable at this point

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Are we talking borrowed moves? Because every DLC character has them, in fact, every character has them. Joker has a lot of reused animations, and yet he plays like none of the characters he takes moves from. Hero uses some animations from other swordies, but all of the properties are different (btw, he almost shares nothing with Robin aside that they use magic). Banjo would be a weird mash up of a lot of characters, because almost all of his moves have been done before, but he olays nothing alike.

And if we're going breakdown, Hero shares like 3 moves with Link, he's more Roy than Marth (and even at that shares like 3 attacks), shares nothing with Robin, and like 2 with Ike, both of which is are stretches.
I'm not delving into properties and all the technical whatnot. I'm just saying that a lot of Hero's moves function similarly or share the same premise as other swordfighters, which is something that's hard to avoid with swords.

A lot of his standard moveset is similar to Link and Marth (with a little bit of Ike sprinkled in), and his specials, while having very different properties, feel similar in structure to Robin's.

This is one of my favorite interpretations of the new Pokemon
"Bruh, things are about to go down."

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

Noipoi

Howdy!

I can’t believe Banjo copies the move where Popo used Nana as a gun.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Speaking of similar moves in smash, remember back in 64 when pretty much every character had the same neutral air?
Everyone beside DK yeah.

The Sakurai Bias was real even back then, I tell ya.
wink coffee.gif

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Huge corporations and rich ******** are destroying the earth and humanity and something needs to be done.

Also they look tasty.
Are you sure about that? Chances are the device you are using was built by one of those corporations.
And define ********. Is this people? Like Bill Gates, who has donated much money to help people.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Not all rich people who built successful companies are greedy jerks bent on squeezing out every last penny from poor widows taking care of their three sick children.

Never liked this stereotype.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Are you sure about that? Chances are the device you are using was built by one of those corporations.
And define ********. Is this people? Like Bill Gates, who has donated much money to help people.
Not all rich people who built successful companies are greedy jerks bent on squeezing out every last penny from poor widows taking care of their three sick children.

Never liked this stereotype.
Yeah obviously not all rich people are bad, no duh.

That’s why I said rich assholes. Not rich people, rich assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom