• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

he knew marx was a boss almost straight after the august direct revealing rathalos - that's incredibly early, long before speculation on adventure mode bosses had really kicked off

in all the "well, he's just piggybacking on other then-recent leaks" talk, i think people are overlooking that even if he is piggybacking more credible leaks, he's never piggybacked a wrong leak, and moreover he would have been hedging his bets on ****ing piranha plant of all things coming true at the height of the grinch leak

hayabusa or no hayabusa, that would be some incredible luck to jump on the right bandwagon every single time
Looking at his video where he supposedly leaks Piranha Plant (6 minute mark), it's a really bizarre situation. Verge confirms he heard nothing about Ryu (meaning he just doesn't know about him being in yet) and I don't know why IamShifty only started now leaking **** about DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Happy Dragon Quest 11S month!
Man it's **** like this that makes me wish I brought my Switch to college. To compensate, I'm playing the Erdrick trilogy on my phone and it's a nice casual time among the studying.

D

Deleted member

GUYS
ASH BEAT GUZMA IN THE LEAGUE
ALSO
Apparently the Sword/Shield anime is going to be a reboot of sorts with all of the regions
So yeah that pretty much confirms that Ash wins the league

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised by how few people mistake Kirby as a girl because of him being completely pink.
I made the mistake when I was a kid and debated my brother on Kirby being a girl until he made me read Kirby's trophy description. I imagine after several directs and memes, people know Kirby's a guy at this point.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
GUYS
ASH BEAT GUZMA IN THE LEAGUE
ALSO
Apparently the Sword/Shield anime is going to be a reboot of sorts with all of the regions
So yeah that pretty much confirms that Ash wins the league
Correct, I was about to say that. I'm excited and antsy at the same time, I'm worried it will be like the XY finals league but when I saw the SM 138, I'm starting to think that Satoshi may have a chance for this. As for summary of EP 138; Delia (Satoshi's mom) and Okido actually come to cheer on Satoshi, while Lillie cheers on Gladion instead of Satoshi. Something happens to Meltan before the finals. One of them have a real chance to win.

And no, it won't be a reboot. It'll just be a new trailer for Sword and Shield. It could be similar to Pokemon Chronicles.

I'm fine if it's a movie, but please. For the love of Arceus,

I DON'T WANT TO SEE THE NEW SERIES BEING A REBOOT. A ****ING REBOOT. NO MORE REBOOTS PLEASE.

If it's in movie or just another anime, that's good. But I don't want it to replace the main anime. And it certainly won't happen.

The same agruement or storm about new reboot happened when the preview for Diamond and Pearl anime first got announced. It only showed Dawn. Same with Black and White.

I couldn't find any video related to the preview for trailer for Black and White anime because I keep getting the B2W2 anime trailers. However, it's for the game, not for the media.

And besides, we've already had enough ******s from 4chan saying it will be a reboot.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m not sure what to think yet with Hayabusa, but I do think it’s interesting that the “Nintendo leaker” Sabi hasn’t gotten word of it yet. Even if Verg hasn’t gotten it yet, the person who has leaked countless bits of correct information says they haven’t heard anything.

That doesn’t mean Hayabusa isn’t in, but it’s...odd.

I’m not jumping onto the bandwagon until somebody else, like VRplant comments.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I finally unlocked :ultgreninja: today, and now I feel 99% complete. Time to hit the lab.

Oh, same for :ultmewtwo:.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I’m not sure what to think yet with Hayabusa, but I do think it’s interesting that the “Nintendo leaker” Sabi hasn’t gotten word of it yet. Even if Verg hasn’t gotten it yet, the person who has leaked countless bits of correct information says they haven’t heard anything.

That doesn’t mean Hayabusa isn’t in, but it’s...odd.

I’m not jumping onto the bandwagon until somebody else, like VRplant comments.
I find it strange that Sabi claims she talked to Verge, but Verge says she never did.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I find it strange that Sabi claims she talked to Verge, but Verge says she never did.
Yeah that’s also super weird. When I read about that last night I was like, “Why would you even say that then?”

Leakers are weird.

You know what’s even weirder? Creating a Discord for the leaker, made BY the leaker. I still can’t wrap my mind around that.

“I’m going to make a chat room based on...myself!”

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
sabi: "verge says it's fake"
verge: "***** i never said anything"
sabi: "err err well err i was just being err vague"

such is the weird and wonderful world of smash leakers

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Yeah that’s also super weird. When I read about that last night I was like, “Why would you even say that then?”

Leakers are weird.

You know what’s even weirder? Creating a Discord for the leaker, made BY the leaker. I still can’t wrap my mind around that.
It seems like a really weird thing to lie about, but I have no idea what could result in that kind of misunderstanding if it wasn't just a weird lie

I'm not surprised that Sabi has her own discord, she seems pretty full of herself.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Considering Hayabusa would be, basically, the last 80’s gaming character to finish off that line up of classic games, I could see Sakurai making that pick. Just seems like he would.

Not convinced yet. I’m not entirely against the character, but are there others I would rather have? Yeah, you could say that

I’m sure if he gets in, the gameplay will convince me though.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I find it interesting that this one guy knows who the next DLC is, but none of the other credible leakers know anything. Yet, they don’t want to dismiss it, so maybe they’ve heard things but aren’t sure or literally haven’t heard anything so they can’t say. I wonder if their sources even know.

D

Deleted member

Considering Hayabusa would be, basically, the last 80’s gaming character to finish off that line up of classic games, I could see Sakurai making that pick. Just seems like he would.

Not convinced yet. I’m not entirely against the character, but are there others I would rather have? Yeah, you could say that

Everything iffy I have about Hayabusa's representation is answered by one thing

He's a mother****ing ninja.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
sabi: "verge says it's fake"
verge: "***** i never said anything"
sabi: "err err well err i was just being err vague"

such is the weird and wonderful world of smash leakers
And thats why i'm only loyal to the best leaker in the world: shinobi602

D

Deleted member

holy hot damn are images still broken?
Admin: "Hey, it's my turn for an AMA. Neat!"
Panda: "1. When the **** are images going to be fixed?
2. Refer to question 1
3. Refer to question 2"

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
imagine unironically using images in your smashboards posts, my posts are so riveting I can captivate my audience without the need for any visuals

D

Deleted member

I wanna be controversial with my opinions through fancy images but Smashboards wont let me. Time to make controversial statements, I guess.

Edelgard is the villain of TH

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
imagine unironically using images in your smashboards posts, my posts are so riveting I can captivate my audience without the need for any visuals
i need no images save for my glorious profile picture

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

It's just speculation on my end, but Sabi could be using Verge as a shield in a way. The C&D implies she couldn't say anything, but could, in theory, say what "Verge" thinks while giving her own thoughts. Not consulting Verge beforehand is definitely an egg on the face moment though. Given Sabi's reply to Vergeben I think this is most likely what happened.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It's just speculation on my end, but Sabi could be using Verge as a shield in a way. The C&D implies she couldn't say anything, but could, in theory, say what "Verge" thinks while giving her own thoughts. Not consulting Verge beforehand is definitely an egg on the face moment though. Given Sabi's reply to Vergeben I think this is most likely what happened.
her exact "explanation":
"I meant I had gathered he didn't know anything about Ryu ATM so would either be neutral or skeptical. No, I did not directly ask Verge, I gathered it in another way. It was sort of an assumption on my part that he would be against it per se, but as you can gather from his response, he did in fact not know about Ryu yet, which is what I meant."
in other words:
"ah **** ah **** i got caught in some bull**** and wasn't expecting vergeben to actually talk about it"

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
what if hitagi was right and sabi just talked to one of vergeben's many clones

D

Deleted member

So not only does she have zero correct newcomer guesses to my knowledge (as she relies on other leakers info), she's also quite the spinner in bull****. Pretty much never trusting Sabi on Smash news again.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wanna be controversial with my opinions through fancy images but Smashboards wont let me. Time to make controversial statements, I guess.

-snip-
I haven't played Three Houses yet, so I'm not sure if this is one of those games where there's a lot of moral ambiguity, so several characters could be argued as being the "villain" of the game, or if this is like the time that one of Persona 5's big twists was spoiled for me (by this thread, I think). I'm not sure if that should be spoiler-tagged to be on the safe side or not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I haven't played Three Houses yet, so I'm not sure if this is one of those games where there's a lot of moral ambiguity, so several characters could be argued as being the "villain" of the game, or if this is like the time that one of Persona 5's big twists was spoiled for me (by this thread, I think). I'm not sure if that should be spoiler-tagged to be on the safe side or not.
It's a moral ambiguity thing. The joke is to paint your favorite main character as the hero and your least favorite as the villain in the most petty way possible because TH debates get surprisingly heated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom