• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Females are always the fan favorite, but it's clear that Male Byleth has always been the default and I believe men are still the majority. They don't call it Waifu Dating Sim for nothing, even if that's an incredible exaggeration.

The female alt exists because of those other reasons, but in terms of what should be the default there is no argument because the devs themselves make the males default. They represent the majority and have always been marketed more than the female alts. This is also Japan, where the heroes have to be stereotypical and therefore more marketable with wider appeal. This is also Fire Emblem, where the male has a harem of females and tge women get a good amount of males but also a few females, too, clearly showing which demographic it's appealing to more.

That's all I'm saying. Just because it's cute and liked among fans doesn't mean it should ignore practicality and what the devs clearly have intended from the reveal of the character onwards.

I mean, hell, I would rather have classic overalls Wario as tge default but I understand that he needs the Warioware identity to differentiate himself from the Mario cast, even though people still bunch him in with the Mario characters anyways. Warioware also has sold more than Wario Land IIRC and have had more recent and consistent releases than Wario Land, so that's another reason for that choice: It's Wario's signature identity nowadays.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Its been over one year since Ultimate's release and announcement. What better way then an tribute to all the newcomers to have joined Smash so far.

And best of all. We're not even over. Still six more to go! Maybe even more (Highly doubt it though)!

Smash Bros. has come such a long way. Its amazing really. Who would had thought such an feat of an game would have:ultmario::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultcloud::ult_terry:and:ultbanjokazooie:all in one game?

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
While I would prefer that I could set the female ones as default on my profile so I don't have to use the triggers every time I use them, I don't really see the point in complaining. Default or not, both are in the game with great models.
And those tights make me unreasonably happy. They are so cute and I wanna steal them for myself.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
50e.gif

Just realized that the Edie alt for Byleth has solid red legging, like the real Edel, while the Sothis alt has no stocking at all

Those two alt just fixed the biggest problem for me with F!Byleth, and it's only now I realize that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Okay. Who else is burnt out of speculation and mystery? Is there anyone who wouldn’t massively prefer a cinematic trailer revealing all 6 fighters at once?
I ain't burnt out one bit. Wrestling fans have adjusted to having to speculate and/or obsess over a speculation only to either be satisfied or disappointed...so I’m good. Plus...I ain’t trying to wait another year to know who’s the 7th dlc fighter (Piranha Plant is being counted, which is why I’m going with #7)
They even made a joke about that in the Japanese version.

Sothis say something along the line of: "you call yourself a man?!" after Byleth get beat up.

And Byleth answer is to change into a woman, with Sothis find funny.

Quit a shame it was removed from the English version.
unless the Japanese trailer also has this, at least the English trailer has the “too many swordsmen” shot they took towards the complainers and stuff
Its been over one year since Ultimate's release and announcement. What better way then an tribute to all the newcomers to have joined Smash so far.

And best of all. We're not even over. Still six more to go! Maybe even more (Highly doubt it though)!

Smash Bros. has come such a long way. Its amazing really. Who would had thought such an feat of an game would have:ultmario::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultcloud::ult_terry:and:ultbanjokazooie:all in one game?
I still can’t believe all the intended to be dlc characters got to have fully animated trailers this time

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
View attachment 258347
Just realized that the Edie alt for Byleth has solid red legging, like the real Edel, while the Sothis alt has no stocking at all

Those two alt just fixed the biggest problem for me with F!Byleth, and it's only now I realize that.
And it fixed my problem with F!Byleth across all alts by making her eyes reasonably sized.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
And it fixed my problem with F!Byleth across all alts by making her eyes reasonably sized.
And made her chest less comically big too.

Really, F!Byleth got alot of good changes design wise, which - in the reality they get in - make me think that Pyra & Mythra will also get nice little change like that don't go overboard, but tone down the aspect of their design that are too fanservicey. (More so Pyra than Mythra since they already toned down the fanservice for Mythra)

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Alpharad called out a lot of people in his reaction to the Direct yesterday.

[Commenting on Claude's good looks]
"If you play Golden Deer, you're probably bisexual. It's got a little bit of everything."

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. I want to put down my final S2 predictions. This is what I’ll be going with for the next few months and what I will put in my signature
  1. Geno (possible alternatives: 2B and Lara Croft)
  2. Lloyd Irving (possible alternatives: Heihachi Mishima, Phoenix Wright, Dante)
  3. Crash Bandicoot (possible alternative: Rayman, Tracer, Reimu, Circus Baby)
  4. DoomSlayer (possible alternative: Master Chief, Dhovakin, Vault Boy, Steve)
  5. Ahri (League of Legends) (possible alternatives: Chell, Lilith (Borderlands), Carmen Sandiego, Red (Angry Birds), Kratos)
  6. Ayumi Tachibana (possible alternatives: Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, he who shall not be named (SwSh Grass Starter), Travis Touchdown, unknown new IP, any one of the previous possible alternatives).

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
There's a theory going around that Byleth was supposed to be in Fighters Pass Vol 2.

Which makes no sense imo. Fighters Pass Vol 2 wasn't even initially planned, it was only announced in response to the success and demand for DLC. Fighters Pass 1 was already completely mapped out before there had ever been plans for Vol 2, so how could Byleth have been planned for a Vol 2 that wasn't even supposed to initially happen?

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
Alpharad called out a lot of people in his reaction to the Direct yesterday.

[Commenting on Claude's good looks]
"If you play Golden Deer, you're probably bisexual. It's got a little bit of everything."
that hits too close, cause he is definitely right.

D

Deleted member

Ok. I want to put down my final S2 predictions. This is what I’ll be going with for the next few months and what I will put in my signature
  2. Lloyd Irving (possible alternatives: Heihachi Mishima, Phoenix Wright, Dante)
  5. Ahri (League of Legends) (possible alternatives: Chell, Lilith (Borderlands), Carmen Sandiego, Red (Angry Birds), Kratos)
  6. Ayumi Tachibana (possible alternatives: Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, he who shall not be named (SwSh Grass Starter), Travis Touchdown, unknown new IP, any one of the previous possible alternatives).
I'm gonna do the reverse,....my "best possible scenario for me" list, aka the what would make me scream in joy list

1. Nicol Bolas(or any other Planeswalker, doesn't really matter to me)
2. Ojama King(for the lols)
3. Yuga, with Garga, Garcat, and Gardog, Pokemon Trainer Style(not the Yugioh Sevens Yuga, the Buddyfight one)
4. Aichi Sendou, gimmick would be form changes based on the units he commonly uses( Blaster Blade, Arc Saver Dragon, etc)
5. Mugendra(again for the lols)
6. Gao, again Pokemon Trainer style, with Bal, Drum, and Batzz.

If any of these 6 make it in, I will be ****ing ecstatic with joy. The only semi-realistic one I can think of thou is a Planeswalker, because no anime bois.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm gonna do the reverse,....my "best possible scenario for me" list, aka the what would make me scream in joy list

3. Yuga, with Garga, Garcat, and Gardog, Pokemon Trainer Style(not the Yugioh Sevens Yuga, the Buddyfight one)
4. Aichi Sendou, gimmick would be form changes based on the units he commonly uses( Blaster Blade, Arc Saver Dragon, etc)

If any of these 6 make it in, I will be ****ing ecstatic with joy. The only semi-realistic one I can think of thou is a Planeswalker, because no anime bois.
I still don’t think it works that way. I think the classification of “game character” or not comes from how the franchise started. Because then a bunch of weird one off side characters from licensed games would all be eligible.

And while I don’t think it’s likely in any sense of the word, Goku in Smash would break the internet.
Hey guys, now that all of fighter pass 1 is revealed, how about we give this fabulous squad of five their very own team name?
Team “Break the Rules”. Because each one broke some big fan rule. Joker: Nintendo Console Necessity, Banjo: no western characters, Terry: Needs to be well known and “relevant”, and Byleth: Pass is third party only. Hero didn’t really break any rules though so....

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
  5. Ahri (League of Legends, possible alternatives: Chell, Lilith (Borderlands), Carmen Sandiego, Red (Angry Birds), Kratos)
  6. Ayumi Tachibana (possible alternatives: Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, unknown new IP, any one of the previous possible alternatives).
Similarly, here are mine:

1. Shantae
2. Rayman
3. Agumon
4. Doom Slayer
5. I'm going to say Phoenix Wright, but it could be pretty much anyone. I'm thinking a Capcom character specifically.
6. A Nintendo character that we don't have context for yet. I'm starting to think at least one Nintendo owned character was an obligation for the pass and the same will be true for the second pass. I also think, unlike the third party characters, Nintendo characters will be bound to a release or a reveal in some way, like how the Three Houses DLC was announced the same time as Byleth. And since we don't really know much of anything that is coming in the next 2 years aside from ports and remakes, I can't say who it could be.

What I really want though, is a $10, 5 or 6 character, echo pass.
Give me:
Hilda (Zelda)
Medusa (Palutena)
Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Tetra (Toon Link)
Metal Sonic (Sonic)
Stanley the Bugman (Mr. Game & Watch)

D

Deleted member

I still don’t think it works that way. I think the classification of “game character” or not comes from how the franchise started. Because then a bunch of weird one off side characters from licensed games would all be eligible.

And while I don’t think it’s likely in any sense of the word, Goku in Smash would break the internet.
You misunderstand. I'm not saying at all that's who I EXPECT, it's what I WANT in Smash. I know the rules of no anime bois, but what can I say except
Sucks to be me when all my most wanteds are anime bois already ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I CAN see a case for MTG however, being a part of the whole "nerd" social trend as a whole, does have influence on the gaming market, and has a few games as well(also an MMORPG coming soon)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

I'm gonna be honest, I looked at this and all I could think of your choices was:

29d.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Similarly, here are mine:

1. Shantae
2. Rayman
3. Agumon
4. Doom Slayer
5. I'm going to say Phoenix Wright, but it could be pretty much anyone. I'm thinking a Capcom character specifically.
6. A Nintendo character that we don't have context for yet. I'm starting to think at least one Nintendo owned character was an obligation for the pass and the same will be true for the second pass. I also think, unlike the third party characters, Nintendo characters will be bound to a release or a reveal in some way, like how the Three Houses DLC was announced the same time as Byleth. And since we don't really know much of anything that is coming in the next 2 years aside from ports and remakes, I can't say who it could be.

What I really want though, is a $10, 5 or 6 character, echo pass.
Give me:
Hilda (Zelda)
Medusa (Palutena)
Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Tetra (Toon Link)
Metal Sonic (Sonic)
Stanley the Bugman (Mr. Game & Watch)
I forgot about Augumon. I actually think he’s more likely then Lloyd.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, now that all of fighter pass 1 is revealed, how about we give this fabulous squad of five their very own team name?
Bois from across the globe!(representation speaking)

Joker: Japan
Hero: I don’t remember
Banjo: America
Terry: South America
Byleth: Japan

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think Agumon is literally the perfect surprise character, you would have so many people saying "but that's not a video game character!" and then they would get a history lesson directly from Sakurai.
Looking back..... thinking about how I acted yesterday.... I’m actually super ****ing embarrassed. I have no idea why I was so upset. Because I was PREPARED for Three Houses characters! My most recent pre-presentation prediction (the one with the 8 character S2 and the “off-season” pack) had Edelguard on it! And like... who’s to say we can’t get more characters afterwards? My predictions even accounted for a first party Nintendo character in the second pass with Astral Chain. So like.... I have no idea what I was thinking.

D

Deleted member

What I'm guessing everyone else feels like whenever I bring up my precious obscure card game bois

D

Deleted member

Are card game characters even eligible? Does that extend to board games? CAN MR MONOPOLY JOIN SMASH!?!
That's what I'm wondering too, NGL. I mean, maybe? Unless it's an anime boi, I don't necessarily see why card games as a whole would be ineligible.
Like, card games are a big part of gaming history, and you could make a case for a fighter from that alone. Just look at MTG for example!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's what I'm wondering too, NGL. I mean, maybe? Unless it's an anime boi, I don't necessarily see why card games as a whole would be ineligible.
Like, card games are a big part of gaming history, and you could make a case for a fighter from that alone. Just look at MTG for example!
So the question is, when Smash says GAMING, does he mean all “games” or just video games.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I've made my own little hypothectical scenerio for what's to come in Fighters Pass 2:

#76: Dante - Challenger Pack #6

#77: Arle - Challenger Pack #7

#78: Pyramid Head - Challenger Pack #8

#79: Crash Bandicoot - Challenger Pack #9

#80: KOS-MOS - Challenger Pack #10

#81: Master Chief - Challenger Pack #11

Keep in mind, I took a page from good ol' Delz and picked out a good variety of candidates that can bring something new to the table gameplay-wise. Crash would probably be the most standard of this bunch though, much like Banjo & Kazooie.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, for the lols, I made a graphic design so that it's easier to see my picks.
as a reminder(also this is the order)
1. Nicol Bolas
2. Ojama King
3. Yuga
4. Aichi Sendou
5. Mugendra
6. Gao
download (8).jpg

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm not gonna lie, I'm probably gonna be incredibly salty if Namco doesn't get a character in season 2, this company helped develop the game, why do they only get one? Square enix got like 5 characters if got count the individual heroes as 4 characters.

View attachment 258347

I'm gonna have to make a choice between hot leggings or legs for days
phoenixwrightsad.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom