• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I like how Pokemon Company was like "So should we name the third game Armor or Crown?... **** it just do both."

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And if there was still doubt even after he said he wasn’t a leaker, Jon gamexplain literally said they would announce dlc that replaces the third version and let’s you go to islands, with one such example being catching the legendary birds.

And low and behold they was completely right

D

Deleted member

And if there was still doubt even after he said he wasn’t a leaker, Jon gamexplain literally said they would announce dlc that replaces the third version and let’s you go to islands, with one such example being catching the legendary birds.

Que the "but anyone coulda guessed that!" comments

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

This guy needs to stop making these predictions if he wants the crazed people off his back.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
NOOOOOOOOO
Initiating protection mechanism!

I hate to do this... but I call BS on this in particular:

"Because then I wouldn’t be getting what I like in games, the reason I even play them at all."

You have shown time and time again you don't like open world games, we get it. But, let me ask you this, why exactly do you like linear, and only linear, games? At some point you had to have had not like linear, or just had no experience with them, so why be so stubborn and refuse to at least try something new for once? It's how literally most people learn new things; by going outside of their comfort zone.

Hell I wouldn't be who I am now if I didn't go out of my comfort zone and tried card games for the first time!
I mean.... I have. I played God of War PS4 and I didn’t touch any of the open world elements of the game. I played it like it was linear going from story point a to story point z. I did the same thing with the Batman Arkham Series. And in those games the constant backtracking and going all over the map just to do the story was super frustrating. The most fun I had was inside buildings, “dungeons” I guess you could call them. To the point where I really wish it was just that. I’ve given open world games more then what I would consider a fair shake. And the open world aspects were my least favorite parts. And those games were so linear that they might as well have not been open world at all. So I can only imagine how much worse a time I would have with less direction or story. I want to be told to go do something. I don’t want to just go.

D

Deleted member

I mean.... I have. I played God of War PS4 and I didn’t touch any of the open world elements of the game. I played it like it was linear going from story point a to story point z.
Galarian-Starter-Pokemon-Gigantamax (1).jpg

If you seriously "gave open world games a chance" by playing them linearly, I don't think anything could change your mind.
The whole point of the genre is that you have the freedom to pick and choose your destination(often with the exceptions of major story events, see BOTW), not the game itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I got Cyndaquil as my starter in mystery dungeon not bad. Typolsion is sweet

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Dude Jon predicted a new Star Fox so I'm holding out for him to come through for me.

Also also, I just realized that the logo for Armor appears to be another doggo. The bear thing doesn't really have a nose that fits the logo and it doesn't have that head crest thing the logo does unless I'm missing something. It also just looks more canine.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So off topic but I finally settled on changing my avatar, based on one of my favourite scenes in gaming. With the Pokemon talk it might be buried but this is a public service announcement.

Yaaaaaa0.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 256427
If you seriously "gave open world games a chance" by playing them linearly, I don't think anything could change your mind.
The whole point of the genre is that you have the freedom to pick and choose your destination(often with the exceptions of major story events, see BOTW), not the game itself.
Only existed for an hour and it’s already a reaction image.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
A bit late to the conversation but the direct seemed really cool. Really happy they're replacing an additional game with an expansion pass now i just hope it's actual good content now that the hype died down

On a side note, the first expansion pass wild area kinda looks like it's based off the Isle of Wight on first impressions. Would be really cool if that's true once we get to see more

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
And I just realized that new Regis likely means a new remix of their battle theme.

I'm very interested in this possibility. :073:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I'm back! So with my thoughts of the Pokemon Direct:

The content they showed looked pretty great. I feel happy for the Mystery Dungeon fans that they get a full-on remake of the very first installments of this series. I'm also excited for what the new DLC has to offer, really amazed by the designs of the new Legendaries and what looks to be Galarian Forms for Articuno, Zaptos, and Moltres along with the new Regis.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Wow, that direct was way better than I expected. Getting DLC instead of a 3rd version is a much needed change for the series, and the new content actually looks really cool.

New worlds, new characters, and 200+ Pokemon means there will only be about 200 total missing from the game, which isn't bad at all (please Ampharos, this is your last chance my child).

I went in expecting not to care for anything they had to show, but I'm pleased to say I was wrong. Also, were those new Regis and Birds in the trailer? Sweet!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh look, people on social media are mad about the DLC.

I would've never guessed this would happen, Pokemon fans on these plastforms are usually so calm and rational. :4pacman:

Real talk though, people can say what they wanna say, ain't nobody gonna ruin my hype for this. At least this place is chill about it, lol.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Nice to see that they're actually trying to improve Sword/Shield without the need of a third version.

D

Deleted member

I find it ironic that whenever I stir the pot, so to speak, people tend to notice me, but the moment I stop, it seems like everyone forgets I exist.
Just a lil shower thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I would've never guessed this would happen, Pokemon fans on these plastforms are usually so calm and rational. :4pacman:

Real talk though, people can say what they wanna say, ain't nobody gonna ruin my hype for this. At least this place is chill about it, lol.
Be grateful they aren't making you pay $60 for a rerelease of the games with the new content.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
They could be better but thats another topic for another day. The DLC looks pretty good even if Im not a fan of it
Just talking about for me personally. I recognize people have issues with the game and that's okay, people got different expectations, likes, and opinions.

And right now, I'm just groovin'. Got them good Pokemon vibes:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
View attachment 256430
Of course, duh.
I was the one who cropped it as well.
Oh look, G-max Baboom.

I went on to Discord and people were just complaining so much and I'm like, "we're getting a Dex expansion for free what are y'all mad about?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom