• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So guys at long last. SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester @JDCabrera DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu and a few others.

Tonight I'm deciding on one of three games to finally get.

1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - Been looking forward to this since it got announced back in 2015 but a little off with it. However I really want to consider getting it day 1.
1586377985311.png

2. Persona 5 Royal - Wasn't thinking about until I saw how much really got added to it and now considering it. However I feel a bit like I shouldn't get it until I finish Tokyo Mirage Sessions.
1586378129782.png

3. The Outer Worlds - This game is basically if Fallout was made in a way that would interest me. A black comedy JRPG without the drabbingness of the series and without the freaky monster designs.
1586378196285.png

So thought I'd ask a few of my friends here on their thoughts. Really undecided on it and might push it a little more into one.

Had others such as Control, Hitman 2 and Granblue Fantasy Versus but weeded them out. Now it's these three.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So guys at long last. SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester @JDCabrera DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu and a few others.

1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - Been looking forward to this since it got announced back in 2015 but a little off with it. However I really want to consider getting it day 1.
View attachment 268676

2. Persona 5 Royal - Wasn't thinking about until I saw how much really got added to it and now considering it. However I feel a bit like I shouldn't get it until I finish Tokyo Mirage Sessions.
View attachment 268677

3. The Outer Worlds - This game is basically if Fallout was made in a way that would interest me. A black comedy JRPG without the drabbingness of the series and without the freaky monster designs.
View attachment 268678

So thought I'd ask a few of my friends here on their thoughts. Really undecided on it and might push it a little more into one.

Had others such as Control, Hitman 2 and Granblue Fantasy Versus but weeded them out. Now it's these three.
You should pick Persona 5 Royal, imo.

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 268676

View attachment 268677

View attachment 268678

Knack 2 baybee

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Apparently they nerfed the visible damage to zombos in the RE3make. It's a shame, I miss seeing how messed up those things could get with enough damage.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Found out there’s a fan made English dub of the AC movie out. It’s pretty nice so far. Red ripping off the male villager with fake golden slingshots was pretty good

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Hero's not a character for everyone (and is honestly just not that good), but I think people underestimate the quick thinking it takes to use his down special effectively just because RNG has such a stigma attached to it. I don't think he's inherently "unskillful".
That's just reading comprehension imo, but to each their own.

I feel a little silly I'm not following anyone. I used to follow a lot of people on my last forum.

D

Deleted member

That's just reading comprehension imo, but to each their own.

I feel a little silly I'm not following anyone. I used to follow a lot of people on my last forum.
Don't really worry about follows that much.

A good part of the cool people don't follow me, but I want to believe It isn't due to a Deep hatred towards me.

Follows don't really mean anything here.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hero's not a character for everyone (and is honestly just not that good), but I think people underestimate the quick thinking it takes to use his down special effectively just because RNG has such a stigma attached to it. I don't think he's inherently "unskillful".
There is no worse feeling than being a rush and immediately hitting select because you see Ka-, and then you blow up because it wasn't Kaboom.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Learned that Shantae and the Seven Sirens probably won't launch physically the same day it launches digitally.

Actually good for me as there's 3 other games releasing in May that I want to play and this may help space things out (I only want this game physical).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Searching for potential jobs from home.

Not expecting to grab one this month or anything, but I gotta make some kind of progress towards getting one.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I can agree with this on here. 7 people are following me. And I feel like off by not following someone else.

Don't really worry about follows that much.

A good part of the cool people don't follow me, but I want to believe It isn't due to a Deep hatred towards me.
Follows don't really mean anything here.
Where else am I supposed to lead a societal revolution from? 4Chan?

It's cool for you. You're pretty open of a guy so that's part of the reason why I see you as decent.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Searching for potential jobs from home.

Not expecting to grab one this month or anything, but I gotta make some kind of progress towards getting one.
Imagine using this time attempting to achieve your goals instead of lying around eating junk food and lamenting that the one time you tried to get a life the world said nope.

Couldn’t be me.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 268676

View attachment 268677

View attachment 268678

I know nothing about Outer Worlds so I'm ignoring it.

I've read some bits and info about FF 7 Remake and I think the average time to beat it if you go from A to B is 40 hours. Naturally, this is also because this is only Part 1 of its series. Play it if you enjoy action RPGs and are really curious on how Square Enix remade FF 7. General outlook is people enjoyed it but the ending ranges from iffy to Nomura.

In Persona 5 R, it's not unnatural to finish this game in over 90 hours. It's was already a meaty turn-based RPG, and now it's even meatier. If you've never played Persona 5 before, this is the best time to play it. Gentlepanda Gentlepanda can already attest this is better than the base game.

Personally, I'd prioritize Persona 5 R. The fact that FF 7 is technically not even a complete story yet is a big turnoff for me. Add how Persona 5 is a longer experience, and you have more bang for your buck.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Imagine using this time attempting to achieve your goals instead of lying around eating junk food and lamenting that the one time you tried to get a life the world said nope.

Couldn’t be me.
At least you tried sooner than I did. I don't have much direction right now. But, I'm trying now. Even if my process and progress are both slow as hell.

The way I see it, do what you can with your life right now, just don't go past your limit and don't stress out so much over not being able to achieve certain things right now. Because it's not your fault that the world itself is all but on lockdown right now. But it is, and for good reason. Give yourself a bigger push to move forward when the time is right, when things blow over and most of this **** has been sorted out.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 268676

View attachment 268677

View attachment 268678

FFVIIR and P5R are good in my book. I don't know much about Outer Worlds though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Kinda regretting my decision to not get a PS4 when the PS5 is on it’s way.

Just a little.
I say it'll get ported like all of the other big hits this year. No reason not to, it's free money for the publisher. :nifty:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

View attachment 268676

View attachment 268677

View attachment 268678

Definitely FFVII Remake.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Couldn’t be me.
lol thats me since graduating college
Now Im stuck unemplyed because no one will hire me with a usless peice of paper called a degree. Its feels good.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
On a less serious note, somehow I managed to get 3 Shot Caller endorsements in one Overwatch round earlier.

I didn't even do that much until the tail end of the round, but hey I ain't complaining lol.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

View attachment 268676

View attachment 268677

View attachment 268678

i can vouch for p5r changing an absolute ****load so far and i'm only halfway through

it's a strange feeling of knowing the game but also experiencing it like it's new

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
i can vouch for p5r changing an absolute ****load so far and i'm only halfway through

it's a strange feeling of knowing the game but also experiencing it like it's new
So how's the redone script?

Any forced changes besides the 'controversial' scene or is it fine?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So how's the redone script?

Any forced changes besides the 'controversial' scene or is it fine?
script is largely intact besides major translation improvements and general polishing of the really awkward lines from the base game

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
script is largely intact besides major translation improvements and general polishing of the really awkward lines from the base game
I've tried to look up an example or 2 of this but nobody has bothered to do a side by side comparison of it. Kinda makes sense, being a 100 hour game but you'd think someone would have done it by now.

Just wait for Persona 5 Switch.
Old man Altus is gonna break ANY day! Ey Squidward? Ey Squidward?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Playing subbed or dubbed, just asking.
dubbed, and a very high quality dub at that
I've tried to look up an example or 2 of this but nobody has bothered to do a side by side comparison of it. Kinda makes sense, being a 100 hour game but you'd think someone would have done it by now.
a lot of the more obvious ones are at the start, such as the principal's absolutely nonsensical lines being made coherent

here's just two examples but there's a lot more
https://twitter.com/Shock_and_Roll/status/1237408679252635648
https://twitter.com/Scibren/status/1229848749398163459

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

View attachment 268676

View attachment 268677

View attachment 268678

Idk maybe final fantasy? P5R should be good too. I know nothing about the outer worlds tho so don't have an opinion there.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

View attachment 268676

View attachment 268677

View attachment 268678

I love Final Fantasy, so Final Fantasy.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Just found some interesting. There's this one image of a Piccolo figurine that reveals that he wears boxers:

The more you know, I guess.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom