• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think I'm gonna skip Kingdom Hearts 1.
>Skipping the original game in a series
>Skipping the best game in a series
>Attempting to play the Kingdom Hearts franchise and skipping any of the entries even though they're all canon and important

1500316740831.jpg

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
1: Kingdom Hearts has a mess of a story as is
2: KHII's the best game from what I heard
KH1 and KH2 are essential for KH3 since, numerically, they are the predecessors. Not only will they have lore callbacks but they will probably have moments in KH3 that require the emotional investment from certain moments in those two games, since they are Sora's biggest adventures prior to KH3. There's literally no point in playing the series to get yourself caught up for KH3 if you're skipping games.

KH2 has more diverse combat options than KH1 but that's about it. KH1 is better in basically every other aspect.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know why people are just assuming the 3DS is going to die

If it does, Nintendo is going to lose a huge market. Sure the Switch is portable

But it's games are also almost twice the cost of a 3DS game and it's got a much worse battery life

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

If it does, Nintendo is going to lose a huge market. Sure the Switch is portable

But it's games are also almost twice the cost of a 3DS game and it's got a much worse battery life
You can keep saying that but they will still say nintendo will kill it

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is this comic series "Before Watchmen" that looks into what the characters did before Watchmen

One of them is "The Comedian"

Isn't ALL of the Comedian's story "Before Watchmen"?

Kinda redundant

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Kind of annoying that Perlmutter's situation is basically a name change more or less. I usually try not to post stuff that isn't well founded.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Speaking of Kingdom Hearts, anyone here follow Project Destati?

YouTube channel that does an amazing job in remixing Kingdom Hearts soundtrack. I totally recommend checking them out.

EDIT: Here's a preview video

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Switch Online app isn't very good.

Not sure why they okayed this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So they released a small excerpt of Marth and Chrom's support conversation from Fire Emblem Warriors.
Curious to see how the rest of it goes.

As a rough description, Chrom thanks Marth for having his back, saying that he's prone to rush in himself, while Marth always has his allies' well being on his mind. Marth in turn compares Chrom to Anri, claiming he was a legendary hero. Chrom questioningly responds "Anri...?" before it cuts off.

So it seems they're going into their lineage's past. That's great. I'm incredibly excited to see the rest of these conversations now.

D

Deleted member

@redfeatherraven
Did you send me a friend request on the Switch? I just got one from someone named Red so I assume it was you.

Yeah, the battery life is ridiculous.
I appreciate not needing a TV to play it(especially since my room doesn't have one) but I have threr hours at best when playing BotW, and that's on Airplane Mode.
I wouldn't mind it for games that are pick-and-play(like actual handheld games or level-based ones) but BotW is a game you're supposed to put hours into yet I'm not able to do so properly.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
So they released a small excerpt of Marth and Chrom's support conversation from Fire Emblem Warriors.
Curious to see how the rest of it goes.

As a rough description, Chrom thanks Marth for having his back, saying that he's prone to rush in himself, while Marth always has his allies' well being on his mind. Marth in turn compares Chrom to Anri, claiming he was a legendary hero. Chrom questioningly responds "Anri...?" before it cuts off.

So it seems they're going into their lineage's past. That's great. I'm incredibly excited to see the rest of these conversations now.
Immediately takes me back to Awakening in the support conversation between Robin and Tiki when Tiki was making the comparison that Chrom was more like Anri personality wise. I'm slowly becoming more curious and interested on how the other heroes are going to interact with each other. KOEI better make this good.

D

Deleted member

Oh god, I hope Camus is in Warriors so he can have a convo with Xander
Xander: "And then I sliced my sister in half!"
Camus: "You did what!?"
X: "Don't worry, she sacrificed herself to make me stop fighting"
C: "Oh, that's better, did you help Corrin defeat Garon then?"
X: "Nah, I had her kill me"
C: *camera zooms in his worried face*

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Immediately takes me back to Awakening in the support conversation between Robin and Tiki when Tiki was making the comparison that Chrom was more like Anri personality wise. I'm slowly becoming more curious and interested on how the other heroes are going to interact with each other. KOEI better make this good.
Technically Tiki couldn't have been referring to Anri. Anri died about sixty years before Marth was born, while Tiki said the hero Chrom most resembles was a man from one thousand years before Marth. Many actually theorize that she was talking about Sigurd, connecting Archanea and Jugdral's histories.

That isn't to say Anri was unlike Chrom/Sigurd though, haha. But yeah, it definitely brought that conversation to mind.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
@redfeatherraven
Did you send me a friend request on the Switch? I just got one from someone named Red so I assume it was you.

Yeah, the battery life is ridiculous.
I appreciate not needing a TV to play it(especially since my room doesn't have one) but I have threr hours at best when playing BotW, and that's on Airplane Mode.
I wouldn't mind it for games that are pick-and-play(like actual handheld games or level-based ones) but BotW is a game you're supposed to put hours into yet I'm not able to do so properly.

I got one from a Red too and I left my friend code here in the open yesterday, so I'm pretty sure it's him.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Technically Tiki couldn't have been referring to Anri. Anri died about sixty years before Marth was born, while Tiki said the hero Chrom most resembles was a man from one thousand years before Marth. Many actually theorize that she was talking about Sigurd, connecting Archanea and Jugdral's histories.

That isn't to say Anri was unlike Chrom/Sigurd though, haha. But yeah, it definitely brought that conversation to mind.
I see. I suppose my memory was a bit hazy despite not playing Awakening for a few years.

Actually the more I think about it, the more I realize I shouldn't expect much of KOEI of the for the support conversations if memories in DW8 were to go by (I don't know how they wrote SW4 yet but DW8 writing both story and character was mediocre or less).

At least when you get to the game-play part, you'll the hardcore and dynamic hack and slash that made Dynasty and Samurai Warriors what they are.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Did I. . .remember Shadow Dragon's intro wrong? I thought Anri was the one from 1,000 years prior that originally used Falchion.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Did I. . .remember Shadow Dragon's intro wrong? I thought Anri was the one from 1,000 years prior that originally used Falchion.
I vaguely remember Anri being referred to as Marth's great grandfather, but I could be wrong.

D

Deleted member

More FEW support convo ideas
Lissa: "OWAIN GET SOME CLOTHES ON RIGHT NOW!"
Owain: "Mom, it's Odin Dark, not Owain and I AM clothed!"
Lissa: "You call THAT clothing!? You look like a stripper!"
Owain: "IT'S DARK MAGIC GARMENTS!"
Yeah, that'd be right, he's the one who originally defeated Medeus.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
More FEW support convo ideas
Lissa: "OWAIN GET SOME CLOTHES ON RIGHT NOW!"
Owain: "Mom, it's Odin Dark, not Owain and I AM clothed!"
Lissa: "You call THAT clothing!? You look like a stripper!"
Owain: "IT'S DARK MAGIC GARMENTS!"

Yeah, that'd be right, he's the one who originally defeated Medeus.

I double checked, and virtually every timeline has Anri slaying Medeus ~100 years before Marth, not 1000.

*shrug*

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I double checked, and virtually every timeline has Anri slaying Medeus ~100 years before Marth, not 1000.

*shrug*
Checking the intro again, it seems I must have misremembered after all.

Gosh knows what Tiki would have been on about in that case, though.

. . .How far back does their universe bible go??

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just got back from Spoder man! Wow, so damn incredible! Easily my fave film this year so far.

It also reminds me I'm still behind on the MCU films. :(

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm part of the family now.

IMG_20170719_232105.jpg

Also, I talked to Sidon from behind to get him to turn around for the photo, but it turns out if you talk to him from behind, he won't realise you're there and will actually be mourning over Mipha. :(

I'm gonna make it my goal to finish Ganon off by throwing that Lightscale Trident right between his eyes when I eventually fight him, and while wearing the Zora Armour, for some cruel irony.

That will be a while away though.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Checking the intro again, it seems I must have misremembered after all.

Gosh knows what Tiki would have been on about in that case, though.

. . .How far back does their universe bible go??
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Archanea,_Valentia_and_Jugdral

Very far back indeed.

Marth is two years older than Alm and Celica.
Anri died 51 years before Marth was born.
There are 107 years between Anri slaying Medeus, and Marth repeating the deed (for the first time).
There are 1,025 years between the start of Sigurd's war in FE4, and Marth's journey in FE11.
Chrom was born roughly 2,002 years after Marth was born, and 3,011 years after Seliph was born.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm part of the family now.

View attachment 131643

Also, I talked to Sidon from behind to get him to turn around for the photo, but it turns out if you talk to him from behind, he won't realise you're there and will actually be mourning over Mipha. :(

I'm gonna make it my goal to finish Ganon off by throwing that Lightscale Trident right between his eyes when I eventually fight him, and while wearing the Zora Armour, for some cruel irony.

That will be a while away though.
i cant get over how large Sidon is like omg

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic comics aren't dead yet, but they won't be part of Archie anymore.
Wouldn't this mean they'd have to reboot it though?

Unless the major players from Archie leave Archie and come together to make a dedicated Sonic comic team, I don't see how they could continue it. An all-new team wouldn't be able to continue the same story without problems arising.

I wouldn't necessarily mind a reboot since I'm not the biggest fan of the comics as is, but hopefully this works out either way.

Chrono.

Unless the major players from Archie leave Archie and come together to make a dedicated Sonic comic team, I don't see how they could continue it. An all-new team wouldn't be able to continue the same story without problems arising.

I wouldn't necessarily mind a reboot since I'm not the biggest fan of the comics as is, but hopefully this works out either way.
Yeah pretty much a reboot, again.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watched some old Splatoon 1 vids. I find it funny that it's completely impossible for a match to end in a tie (even if nobody shoots a single drop of ink).

Wonder if that'll change this time around (probably not).

Chrono.

Black Manta got leaked by the Xbox Live Marketplace of all things.

Not that everyone didn't know already anyway.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I am actually OK with a reboot. Having a comic and a reboot too would be the best case scenario for me actually.

Things I would like to see changed:

>Reduce cast bloat. I don't mind a bunch of comic exclusive characters, but the comic built up a huge lore to the point that half the cast barely even got used, expelled a ton of them due to legal issues in a soft reboot, and then immediately started inflating the cast again for a whole new lore. A new continuity should at minimum take it slower.

>Cut down on the shipping a bit. Some of it can exist, but perhaps due to being a publisher named after a comic centered around a love triangle Archie had a tendency to shoehorn it in when it wasn't even necessary. Let it blossom naturally if it's necessary.

>Treat Tails as one of the primary members of the team as opposed to. . .whatever Archie was doing. No, beefcake powerups for one issue do not count.

>Start fresh with the current Sonic lore instead of working off of the DiC lore. I'd like to see an adaption with a bit more inspiration from the games for once.

>Make Sonic spout off less friendly fire. Where the games have him mock people that have gone out of their way to mess with him in the past, DiC inspired content seems to prefer him blasting everyone. Let's face it, we're all here to watch him trash talk during fights, but going after people that didn't do anything when he doesn't even do that in the games makes him. . .unnecessarily unlikable.

>Speed up the pace of story arcs. Probably ties in with the cast bloat thing. Unleashed went on for a. . .while. At that rate a comic is going to get cancelled before it makes it through a fraction of the Sonic series' library even aside from side stories, assuming said side content doesn't send it completely off the rails.

There's probably other things, but that's what I could think of. Other than that, "use common sense" would probably be the order of the day, especially considering it's something precious few video game or even general media adaptions seem to understand.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Make Sonic spout off less friendly fire. Where the games have him mock people that have gone out of their way to mess with him in the past, DiC inspired content seems to prefer him blasting everyone. Let's face it, we're all here to watch him trash talk during fights, but going after people that didn't do anything when he doesn't even do that in the games makes him. . .unnecessarily unlikable.
That was my main issue with the Archie comics. Even after the reboot, I've not liked what I've heard of Sonic's portrayal. He's one of my favourite fictional characters, so if your comic based on him doesn't really portray him decently and makes him Sonic in name and speed only, then you've already lost me. I also heard they screwed up the Unleashed arc pretty hard and that's one of my favourite games.

Also, Blaze. They somehow managed to mess her up, which is bizarre to me since she's probably got the best track record of all the Sonic characters in the game canon when it comes to being a consistently compelling character and consistently portrayed character. Someone at Archie must really hate Blaze, or they have a damsel/peril fetish because holy crap.

archie_s_blaze_the_cat_demotivational_by_mixedfan8643-d76j97q.jpg

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, after using most of my green onion, I put it in a bowl of water and placed it in the window for sunlight

It's actually growing! After just a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom