• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah. I'm waiting for the industry to tank in a decade and everyone to panic and suddenly start making good stuff again in desperation.

Not that it'll happen, but I like to stay optimistic.

Once 3D animation hit a ceiling, they'll HAVE to rely on good writing, anyway.
Hopefully that'll happen within my lifetime. :4megaman:
So, you mean, a great Hollywood depression? :troll:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
If you were a good sport, you would stop overuseing Pisiton Punch and Kirbycide when people asked.
That Piston Punch is like The devil is punching me into submission.
I don't overuse it when people ask me not to
But if I'm playing to win and the situation calls for it I will use those moves :4dk:

Last edited:

Soul.

I don't know what is wrong with Kirbycides. Kirby gets KO'd first unless you (the Kirby player) have a stock remaining.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I don't know what is wrong with Kirbycides. Kirby gets KO'd first unless you (the Kirby player) have a stock remaining.
Because trying to get out of it brings back battle scars of old Mario party minigames!

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I mean seriously if you're grab bait or giving me a setup for a kirbycide I'm going to act on that
It's like asking a Diddy main to stop using uair
There are easy ways to counter both of these moves, again using @ Rysir Rysir as an example, he knows to DI or airdodge an aerial attack (mii brawler up b) or not mash out when I kirbycide, which would kill me first.
You can't blame the player for a move you choose not to counter or set yourself up for
Adapt to get better
In other words, git Gud Kappa
I'm sorry if I come off as an asshole

Last edited:

Soul.

Because trying to get out of it brings back battle scars of old Mario party minigames!
Well that, my friend, is the definition of disrespect.
just like that one Ganon player on Melee at Apex... who was it. Oh yeah, Bizzarro Flame

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So, you mean, a great Hollywood depression? :troll:
Oh, absolutely. Then we can have a bunch of corporations get into Hollywood War 2 and start a Hollywood Cold War between the two top corporations left while a wave of Hollywood innovation takes over and Hollywood eventually becomes public influenced and stupid but more entertaining and beneficial than ever anyway.

And the same goes for the video game industry.:4megaman:

After all, history repeats itself. I look forward to this instance.:4megaman:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I just find it disrespectful when used forever, over and over and over is all. Personal thing
im trying to make this sound the least disrespectful but just don't set yourself up for one over and over and over
Eh I'm bring competitive talks into the wrong place
Sorry guys

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I turned customs off because equipment.
It should be an unspoken rule that equipment is banned :3
I kirbycide, mii up-b, pick lylat in response to the spam. It's my way of trying to hurry a match I don't want to play along.
I mean don't get me wrong you're a cool user, I just can't play you
Mii Gunner v Link was a prime example
Sit back at edge and let loose projectiles. It was like For Glory :happysheep:
I'm always up for a serious set though
Legal stages and shiz
You could say I'm salty but I'm a good sport
Spoilered cuz I dunno.
I wasn't using equipment though.
And also, the reason I kept picking Mario Circuit was for the same reason you had.
I felt like I was on for glory with all the Kirbyciding and the Piston punching.
Also, you say that you Kirbycide in response to spam.
That doesn't explain why you did it in the first match that we played.
Also, in Mii Gunner vs Link, do I need to point out that I was constantly coming at you with Uptilts, Downtilts, Back-airs, Downsmashes, Upsmashes, and Nairs?
Cuz' those are all physical moves.
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, You're a cool user too, but I don't entirely see where you're coming from.

It's annoying when the first thing your opponent does is literally walk to the edge of the stage and wait.
And then continues to do that over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
im trying to make this sound the least disrespectful but just don't set yourself up for one over and over and over
Eh I'm bring competitive talks into the wrong place
Sorry guys
I guess it is my fault anyway, my bad
ITT: We get salty over being played like a damn fiddle. :snake:
I am in love with that meme now

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, absolutely. Then we can have a bunch of corporations get into Hollywood War 2 and start a Hollywood Cold War between the two top corporations left while a wave of Hollywood innovation takes over and Hollywood eventually becomes public influenced and stupid but more entertaining and beneficial than ever anyway.

And the same goes for the video game industry.:4megaman:

After all, history repeats itself. I look forward to this instance.:4megaman:
At least E.T. wouldn't start another video game crash. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Spoilered cuz I dunno.
I wasn't using equipment though.
And also, the reason I kept picking Mario Circuit was for the same reason you had.
I felt like I was on for glory with all the Kirbyciding and the Piston punching.
Also, you say that you Kirbycide in response to spam.
That doesn't explain why you did it in the first match that we played.
Also, in Mii Gunner vs Link, do I need to point out that I was constantly coming at you with Uptilts, Downtilts, Back-airs, Downsmashes, Upsmashes, and Nairs?
Cuz' those are all physical moves.
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, You're a cool user too, but I don't entirely see where you're coming from.

It's annoying when the first thing your opponent does is literally walk to the edge of the stage and wait.
And then continues to do that over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.
Ganon or not, attacks shouldn't be doing that much
Mii Gunner v Link match, you came at me with physical attacks in follow up to said grenade>side b projectile>projectile
Guilty about that first match though, testing the waters :4pacman:
Nah you don't sound rude dood, we're able to voice our qualms and talk it out like two normal people.

Soul.

Kirby is a lot more than just Kirbyciding. It's a way of disrespect. Ganoncides are disrespectful, Dededecides are disrespectful, meteor smashes are disrespectful, etc.
If your opponent is doing that that's mainly because they're guessing what are you going to do.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm already watching the Screwattack stream and it's so laughable that the Death Battle directors had to answer a few obvious questions like "We don't hate anime or are we bias against them" or "We had to kill off some of our favorite characters, it isn't a popularity contest". Too bad they didn't answer my question about Chuck Norris being able to use his meme "facts" in the actual battle (Segata would be rekt if they even gave him such broken meme powers). :troll:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Kirby is a lot more than just Kirbyciding. It's a way of disrespect. Ganoncides are disrespectful, Dededecides are disrespectful, meteor smashes are disrespectful, etc.
If your opponent is doing that that's mainly because they're guessing what are you going to do.
So what your saying to us is " Get gud you casuals Disrespect is normal in smash. Put up or shut up"

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
At least E.T. wouldn't start another video game crash. :troll:
No.

Master Chief might, though. :troll:

Cherrypicked another thing I liked off of the funny images thread. Gosh, I love cosplay. :4dedede:

Soul.

So what your saying to us is " Get gud you casuals Dissrespect is normal in smash"
For one I never said that to casuals. I'm not a competitive elitist.
Second, disrespect in Smash often comes from a read and results in hype (see: Melee's Apex 2015 Salty Suite on YouTube)
Third, I have nothing against casuals.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I see. Looks pretty cool.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets canceled like Matthew Perry's other shows.. well, that's what the IGN community says. :troll:
Well, I use a force font extension on chrome and I set it to that font.

Result:

Screenshot from 2015-02-26 21:41:36.png

Yes, I read every of your post, every gonintendo news, my mails and even my college marks in hey gorgeous.

IT'S TOO GOOD AND BRINGS ME HAPPINESS EVERYDAY!!!!

:)

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
New avi hype.

Sorry about not coming back earlier, @ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ , I got a connection issue and then my brother came in and wanted to watch TOME with me. And as much as he sometimes makes me want to strangle him... It was still a free excuse to watch TOME again.

Also speaking of avatars, does anybody else imagine the other frequents of this thread being their avi characters? I can't get enough of reading @ Rysir Rysir 's posts in a Kawaii Lucario voice.

D

Deleted member

So how's everyone today on this side of the boards :3
Hope everyone is happy and cheerful just like this music track:
Seriously welcome back good sonic music and character design.
Good music for a mobile Sonic game? Well this has got to be mindblowing. :smirk:

Also speaking of avatars, does anybody else imagine the other frequents of this thread being their avi characters? I can't get enough of reading @ Rysir Rysir 's posts in a Kawaii Lucario voice.
I do, but I would never roleplay as my own character.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
New avi hype.

Sorry about not coming back earlier, @ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ , I got a connection issue and then my brother came in and wanted to watch TOME with me. And as much as he sometimes makes me want to strangle him... It was still a free excuse to watch TOME again.

now that you mention it.....

that means mine will happen eventualy cause I changed it yesterday.....

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I would be Don-chan but I would have to say Ta-don after everything I say and that would be annoying for everyone ta-don

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'll not care about anything Disney Related until they announce the Incredibles 2 release date

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't think so, but I really freaking need to start. It sounds hilarious. :4megaman:

If I can remember to.:4megaman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom