• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Hipster Bowser is always there for you when you need him most. :4pacman:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
There is no way to properly express how much I utterly despise "All About Dat Bass".

You know you've got a terrible song on your hands when the Kidz Bop version is an improvement...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Japanese voice work for Xenoblade X is top-notch. Got me curious about the English dub.

Nintendo has recently been doing great improvements when it comes to English voice acting, the most recent example being Codename STEAM, so here's hoping they keep their track record with this game.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The Japanese voice work for Xenoblade X is top-notch. Got me curious about the English dub.

Nintendo has recently been doing great improvements when it comes to English voice acting, the most recent example being Codename STEAM, so here's hoping they keep their track record with this game.
Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. The voice actors really do their character well.

I will say that :4marth:'s English VA in Codename S.T.E.A.M. can be a mixed bag.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Based on that theory users have been making, yes, it could be both a home console and a handheld at the same time. I don't know how is that going to work out, that is, if it turns out to be true. Anyways, "Spartan" is taken from the Halo series, like "Cortana" for the voice assistant found in Windows Phone. I just checked out the news, and it seems that Microsoft isn't going to use the Internet Explorer name for the new browser. Lel.
....I shall really dislikes these codenames....

Anyway, since I`m here, I actually....well, I never told you precisely why I sort of decided to hate Windows.

Becuase in the end, I understands how 7 is good (8 and 10 is honestly stuff around 7, but 7 is quite straight forward with its UI). There`s just several reasons that i just felt I wanted to try other things, but I realised after that I should have switched long before.
I kinda got the concept behind open source and proprietairy, but then i realised that both could be very good depending on what you expect from a software. Open source is likely going to fit you, but in a way that it`s a bit generic because since open source is really focussing around freedom of every users....you kinda have to find its uses with the drawback of not having THAT much control on how things works....they can work in multiple ways.

The proprietairy side is kinda like the opposite because it will likely not fit you becuase of how much control is put into the product.

Now, this means that if you use a proprietairy software, you SHOULD like and even love the way the product is used and so, even like the fact that it has so much control applied. The best example I can give is as simple as Nintendo. They make the product with ideas in mind that not only I encourage, but I just love and so, to see them controlling so much consistently these ideas is something I love. Sure, you can`t modify it by legal mean, but when I just love the philosophy that much, it`s not something I would be mad about.

On the other hand, if you feel the philosophy the product was made is just outright not matching yours, then you have a high chance to just hate the product and wanting to modify it.

This is when open source is reallyt strong.....but you just have to expect it won`t reach you as much as a propriwtairy product would. Again, if you're really convinced you should have the product to have a certain philosophy, you would be fine to have more trouble to get it.

One great example is VLC, I just now hate wmp when I realised what this thing can do. wmp first can't read everything and vlc reads stuff that makes my life easier like my capture card. Sure, it's a bit complicated to have very specific setup, but I'm fine to do so just to get my needs acheived.

Which leads me to Windows, this took a long time, but I realised I actually hate microsoft.

Their goal with Windows is to give enough to mostly please everyone. It does sounds awesome, but it does mean that if i want a specific thing, it would be yes possible, but sort of "hidden". It means that it's like ms didn't wanted that I do this thing since it would be "too far from what most people do". It's kinda like focused on what the majority would do instead of just having everything which is actually not possible.

A good example, uninstaling any program. You know that most of the time, when you uninstall something, some stuff might be still there? Why having even more space used for no reasons if Windows is already using a lot? Can I just not want anything from that program remaining? i can....but not as easilly as i want to. To me, this is soemthing that makes a lot of sense to be easilly doable, even self explanatory, but when you think about it, if most people are fine without the deletion of these traces, it's not bad, but it is for myself.

And this is where you kinda see where i'm going, but when i realised you have mostly not that much reasons to restart on linux (and I think os X), I just questioned why I was using Windows. For most people, it's fine because....well it does make a bit of sense that it needs restart, but why it needs that much? I just don';t see the point of hacing to restart if it was possible to just don't do it in the first place.

Which leads me to update....I just never got why it only updates Windows. Again, most people it's not really a problem as long as everything works, but to only see ms stuff there while i actually most of the time don't even use them is like WHY? And don;t even get me started on the amount of time you need a restart....I just hate to do it with how much I can multitask and I have to reopen everything back again. Also, yes, you can have startup programs and editing the registry, but WHY IS IT MUCH HIDDEN? As for startup, well, it's going to slow down the booting while I just want a system that is most of the time ready....it';s not advancing me if I have to wait more to have everything opened instead of not waiting in the first place.

And it gets even more annoying with the way it treats the font. I NEED bigger font, I just need it, but I have like 125%, 200% which is too high. 125% is better, but clearly not enough. also, i'm, really convinced that it';s not working on everything because it just ends up that I have to open the magnifier which is fine, but it has the drawback of having to move the cursor to read which I should only do in cases that it has to have small writting.....the fact that I do it a lot on the OS is not something I like. I ended up being ok with visuals icons and such, but I still don't like it. Which is when the control panel makes me confused, I would love to first, have the icons more obvious than the text, and FOR THE LOVE GOD, WHY IS IT SO CONFUSING???

Ok, so, the default view mode is jsut not telling me at all enough so I use big icons as small icons just have way too small text. the one thing I hate is having the text way more obvious than the icons, but after you click an option.....you have to guess wheter or not the option is on the page itselof or a link on the left which is btw extremely inconsistent. I think I saw 2 options named device manager being different stuff....btw, can I just get the advanced manager instead of the really too simple one that doesn't tell anything?

The thing I have to say that just was the main point of realising I just coudln't like Windows is how I basically don';t know what I'm doing where I really should know. Like, when you start a troubleshoot wizard, can you give me any idea of what it's doing exactly? What does it checks? What it didn';t checked with how it's not telling me there;s a problem while there is one? Sometimes, it even do stuff without even asking you so I have to assume it's litterally a wizard and just let it go, but I can't know if I want to....

^this is just how I could summarize my relation with Windows perfectly. I'm someone who is picky enough to not accept trust until I have reasons to and the only time I felt I could try to find reasons was something I failed to see.

There's also other reasons that are kinda external, I don;t see the point of using paid software while another free one is just enough despite having some flaws that shouldn't exist on the other side, but when i just can live with them. Then, there';s also the hate I got into microsoft itself with what happened with the gaming industry, I really don't even think I'm about to like them since when I first learned that rare thingy (btw, no matter who decided to let rare go, ms made rare what it is today) and that xbox one policy....I don';t even care if they 180, there's just no reason for me to like them now.

When I tried linux, I realised that not only I mostly can know what I'm doing, but that it has features that pleases me much and make so much sense to be there is when I got that I shouldn't have used Windows in the first place. Which is why I think imo linux is more complicated to use, they really let you know what you're doing constantly. It;s more of you should know what to do and you can than we'll try to do it for you.....try.

The best part is that if i don;'t like a software, I can use another one which I like better.

There's one drawback that Windows doesn't have and it's compatibility meaning you have to kinda find your own solution, but again, isn';t what I wanted in the first place? yes, because I at least know how I can fix or even fixed my problem.....

I'm far from being in the majority and i even enjoy not to be, but having so much influence on Windows while it's just clearly not made for me is a very odd situation.

Now you get what I think is sort of my justified hate to having to use windows now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. The voice actors really do their character well.

I will say that :4marth:'s English VA in Codename S.T.E.A.M. can be a mixed bag.
They brought a lot of well-known actors for Codename STEAM, and brought the original voice actors for Ike, Robin and Lucina to do their roles again. That shows a lot of care for the voice acting aspect of the game.

Marth is kind of awkward sounding after years of hearing his Japanese voice in Smash, but he doesn't sound bad at all from an acting point of view. People are just too used to the voice they've been hearing in Smash for years, so it's natural that another actor's take on the character will sound strange.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935

English VA again! It made the first Xenoblade, this should go the same route.

Marth speaks ENGLISH in S.T.E.A.M?:crazy: (It's not out in Europe yet so I don't know).

Soul.

Well, X means "cross" in Japan, such as SMT X Fire Emblem, so pretty much confirms the "fusion console" which sounds awesome in concept
Not sure if this is true.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
English VA again! It made the first Xenoblade, this should go the same route.
I think they will have American actors this time because:
1. The characters are American (the city settled in Mira is even called New Los Angeles)
2. Nintendo Treehouse is handling the localization

Marth speaks ENGLISH in S.T.E.A.M?:crazy: (It's not out in Europe yet so I don't know).
Yep.

Here's the voice cast: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Code-Name-STEAM/side-by-side/

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Am I really the only who didn't made a big deal for :4marth: speaking english? I mean, there's the Shadow Dragon remake and the old OVA.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Japanese use the letter X a lot as a cross (pronouncing it as クロス kurosu in such cases instead of エックス ekkusu).

For example, Xenoblade X in Japanese is pronounced Xenoblade Cross (ゼノブレイドクロス zenobureido kurosu).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last edited:

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Well, your parents only conceived you to fulfill a role -- to fill the void in their hearts with the promise of happiness.

I suppose the reason you can't get attached to characters is because your parents were unable to do so in you.

Whoah whoah.

Why have I not been invited into this polyamorous arrangement? :glare:
There is a huge difference in character attachment and human attachment. With human attachment it involves is a living, breathing, intelligent person. You touch, you communicate, you feel, you share ideas, and many other things you can do because that person is there for it and is willing to do the same. I have plenty of human attachments; which there are a couple on here I consider friends believe it or not. Yeah, it's behind a keyboard/smartphone, but hell, I consider it much more exhilarating to talk to rather than believe in the idea that an anime or video game character can do the same.

And @ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht , you were always invited to these escapades. You gotta RSVP man. That's how we roll here!

D

Deleted member

....I shall really dislikes these codenames....

Anyway, since I`m here, I actually....well, I never told you precisely why I sort of decided to hate Windows.

Becuase in the end, I understands how 7 is good (8 and 10 is honestly stuff around 7, but 7 is quite straight forward with its UI). There`s just several reasons that i just felt I wanted to try other things, but I realised after that I should have switched long before.
I kinda got the concept behind open source and proprietairy, but then i realised that both could be very good depending on what you expect from a software. Open source is likely going to fit you, but in a way that it`s a bit generic because since open source is really focussing around freedom of every users....you kinda have to find its uses with the drawback of not having THAT much control on how things works....they can work in multiple ways.

The proprietairy side is kinda like the opposite because it will likely not fit you becuase of how much control is put into the product.

Now, this means that if you use a proprietairy software, you SHOULD like and even love the way the product is used and so, even like the fact that it has so much control applied. The best example I can give is as simple as Nintendo. They make the product with ideas in mind that not only I encourage, but I just love and so, to see them controlling so much consistently these ideas is something I love. Sure, you can`t modify it by legal mean, but when I just love the philosophy that much, it`s not something I would be mad about.

On the other hand, if you feel the philosophy the product was made is just outright not matching yours, then you have a high chance to just hate the product and wanting to modify it.

This is when open source is reallyt strong.....but you just have to expect it won`t reach you as much as a propriwtairy product would. Again, if you're really convinced you should have the product to have a certain philosophy, you would be fine to have more trouble to get it.

One great example is VLC, I just now hate wmp when I realised what this thing can do. wmp first can't read everything and vlc reads stuff that makes my life easier like my capture card. Sure, it's a bit complicated to have very specific setup, but I'm fine to do so just to get my needs acheived.

Which leads me to Windows, this took a long time, but I realised I actually hate microsoft.

Their goal with Windows is to give enough to mostly please everyone. It does sounds awesome, but it does mean that if i want a specific thing, it would be yes possible, but sort of "hidden". It means that it's like ms didn't wanted that I do this thing since it would be "too far from what most people do". It's kinda like focused on what the majority would do instead of just having everything which is actually not possible.

A good example, uninstaling any program. You know that most of the time, when you uninstall something, some stuff might be still there? Why having even more space used for no reasons if Windows is already using a lot? Can I just not want anything from that program remaining? i can....but not as easilly as i want to. To me, this is soemthing that makes a lot of sense to be easilly doable, even self explanatory, but when you think about it, if most people are fine without the deletion of these traces, it's not bad, but it is for myself.

And this is where you kinda see where i'm going, but when i realised you have mostly not that much reasons to restart on linux (and I think os X), I just questioned why I was using Windows. For most people, it's fine because....well it does make a bit of sense that it needs restart, but why it needs that much? I just don';t see the point of hacing to restart if it was possible to just don't do it in the first place.

Which leads me to update....I just never got why it only updates Windows. Again, most people it's not really a problem as long as everything works, but to only see ms stuff there while i actually most of the time don't even use them is like WHY? And don;t even get me started on the amount of time you need a restart....I just hate to do it with how much I can multitask and I have to reopen everything back again. Also, yes, you can have startup programs and editing the registry, but WHY IS IT MUCH HIDDEN? As for startup, well, it's going to slow down the booting while I just want a system that is most of the time ready....it';s not advancing me if I have to wait more to have everything opened instead of not waiting in the first place.

And it gets even more annoying with the way it treats the font. I NEED bigger font, I just need it, but I have like 125%, 200% which is too high. 125% is better, but clearly not enough. also, i'm, really convinced that it';s not working on everything because it just ends up that I have to open the magnifier which is fine, but it has the drawback of having to move the cursor to read which I should only do in cases that it has to have small writting.....the fact that I do it a lot on the OS is not something I like. I ended up being ok with visuals icons and such, but I still don't like it. Which is when the control panel makes me confused, I would love to first, have the icons more obvious than the text, and FOR THE LOVE GOD, WHY IS IT SO CONFUSING???

Ok, so, the default view mode is jsut not telling me at all enough so I use big icons as small icons just have way too small text. the one thing I hate is having the text way more obvious than the icons, but after you click an option.....you have to guess wheter or not the option is on the page itselof or a link on the left which is btw extremely inconsistent. I think I saw 2 options named device manager being different stuff....btw, can I just get the advanced manager instead of the really too simple one that doesn't tell anything?

The thing I have to say that just was the main point of realising I just coudln't like Windows is how I basically don';t know what I'm doing where I really should know. Like, when you start a troubleshoot wizard, can you give me any idea of what it's doing exactly? What does it checks? What it didn';t checked with how it's not telling me there;s a problem while there is one? Sometimes, it even do stuff without even asking you so I have to assume it's litterally a wizard and just let it go, but I can't know if I want to....

^this is just how I could summarize my relation with Windows perfectly. I'm someone who is picky enough to not accept trust until I have reasons to and the only time I felt I could try to find reasons was something I failed to see.

There's also other reasons that are kinda external, I don;t see the point of using paid software while another free one is just enough despite having some flaws that shouldn't exist on the other side, but when i just can live with them. Then, there';s also the hate I got into microsoft itself with what happened with the gaming industry, I really don't even think I'm about to like them since when I first learned that rare thingy (btw, no matter who decided to let rare go, ms made rare what it is today) and that xbox one policy....I don';t even care if they 180, there's just no reason for me to like them now.

When I tried linux, I realised that not only I mostly can know what I'm doing, but that it has features that pleases me much and make so much sense to be there is when I got that I shouldn't have used Windows in the first place. Which is why I think imo linux is more complicated to use, they really let you know what you're doing constantly. It;s more of you should know what to do and you can than we'll try to do it for you.....try.

The best part is that if i don;'t like a software, I can use another one which I like better.

There's one drawback that Windows doesn't have and it's compatibility meaning you have to kinda find your own solution, but again, isn';t what I wanted in the first place? yes, because I at least know how I can fix or even fixed my problem.....

I'm far from being in the majority and i even enjoy not to be, but having so much influence on Windows while it's just clearly not made for me is a very odd situation.

Now you get what I think is sort of my justified hate to having to use windows now.
I see. Well, that is understandable. If you prefer Linux (Mint), that's cool.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Isn't most voice acting from the 80's and 90's terrible to begin with?
Are you saying Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime isn't the greatest thing ever?

That's one of the reasons that when hating the Bayformers movies people rarely say to hate Optimus there.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Good morning/afternoon/evening because time zomes. :yeahboi:

So,I'm seeing a lack of bootlegs.

At least its better than Michael Bay's :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

That's one of the reasons that when hating the Bayformers movies people rarely say to hate Optimus there.
I'm not referring to Transformers, just works in general that had bad voice acting and corny dialogue to begin with. Resident Evil, Sonic Adventure, the first Heman show, arguably the Super Mario Bros. cartoons, Captain N, the Hanna Barbara Pac-Man show, ect.

D

Deleted member

Back when the first movie came out, people were hyped for his return, but as the years passed, they might've got tired of it. I ain't.

I don't enjoy the Bayformers films tho. The animated movie from the 80's is the best.

Soul.

This is, literally, the GIF for when you miss a Direct. For example:

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
There is a huge difference in character attachment and human attachment. With human attachment it involves is a living, breathing, intelligent person. You touch, you communicate, you feel, you share ideas, and many other things you can do because that person is there for it and is willing to do the same. I have plenty of human attachments; which there are a couple on here I consider friends believe it or not. Yeah, it's behind a keyboard/smartphone, but hell, I consider it much more exhilarating to talk to rather than believe in the idea that an anime or video game character can do the same.

And @ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht , you were always invited to these escapades. You gotta RSVP man. That's how we roll here!
Sounds like this guy is trying real hard to hide their attachment to animated Japanese idols, hoy hoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom