• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Hey, it's Christmas morning time! Neat.

I got a gas station gift card and one of those seatbelt-cutter/glass-shattering "lifesaver" thingies. So yeah, good Christmas for me.

And I've given up playing Yoshi as my main in Smash 4 :crying: a heart-breaking decision, but he's just too different from Melee Yoshi. Not that either one is "better", per se, but the more competitive group I play with is a Melee group, and Smash 4 is mostly played by myself and my friends casually. So, in order to maintain my Melee Yoshi skills, I have to give him up in Smash 4.

Like it's not even funny, in Smash 4 the ranges on his Uair and Dair are so small compared to Melee, basically he has to be played like a different character in both games because the approach and combo options in one are so different from the other. Dash attack is actually a good approach in Smash 4, whereas aerials tend to be safer and stronger in Melee. Also I just discovered that Yoshi has a useful throw combo in Melee! DThrow to DownB does a fresh 20%, kills reliably (albeit at high percent) and is a good way to land a move that normally gets you tossed around like a hot potato. I suppose that's the real Christmas gift I found this morning.

Long story short, I need to find a new Smash 4 main. Perhaps Villager is good for more than just laughs 'n good times....:4villager:

Edit:

Ooh, that reminds me. I also got Pikachu and Mario amiibos from a friend, and I need to decide on names and costumes. Pikachu will be "Soda" and probably wear the GS hat, but I'm not sure what to call Mario.
Call the Mario Hoskins, after the dearly departed.

Also, I got a phone, a game I already have, and some money so far. Off to the grandparents to see what else I'll get.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Just curious here but what and who is this D-idara?
Quite new to this Social forum
Really hotheaded user. Complained a lot and hated clones. Honestly, it's not right to talk about people behind their back, but I'm just stating facts.
Sort of like SaturnGamer64, but I don't know if he's actually completely banned.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just curious here but what and who is this D-idara?
Quite new to this Social forum
Long story short he was a user that was known for his rather questionable posts. Some of which containing hatred against Sakurai, clones, and other various components within Smash Bros.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Really hotheaded user. Complained a lot and hated clones. Honestly, it's not right to talk about people behind their back, but I'm just stating facts.
Sort of like SaturnGamer64, but I don't know if he's actually completely banned.
He is before his time.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I don't know what that means.
Saturn is before DoodleDuck's time on this forum. He's not exactly the best example, even in comparison to D-iadara.

Like you said, it's not really nice to talk negatively about others behind their back. Especially on a holiday like this. even if people disagreed with things they've said or done.

Also, happy holidays Social Thread.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Saturn is before DoodleDuck's time on this forum. He's not exactly the best example, even in comparison to D-iadara.

Like you said, it's not really nice to talk negatively about others behind their back. Especially on a holiday like this. Even if people disagreed with things they've said or done. So let's just leave it at they were generally causing some sort of ruckus that neither of them seemed to be able to prevent themselves from causing.

Also, happy holidays Social Thread.
This is a pretty public discourse about someone and does not constitute talking about them behind their back.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Oh. The lack of names confused me.:ohwell:
is ok

This is a pretty public discourse about someone and does not constitute talking about them behind their back.
My apologies. It is early in the morning and I have yet to have done the sleeping activity that refreshes my mind. But I believe I see the error in my post and will fix it post haste!!

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
is ok

My apologies. It is early in the morning and I have yet to have done the sleeping activity that refreshes my mind. But I believe I see the error in my post and will fix it post haste!!
Normally egregious errors result in excommunication, but since it is Christmas I will let you off with five points.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I got soundboard toy shaped like a speech bubble.
It's amazing. It has a laugh track, an applause track, a booing crowd, blowhorn, woman's scream, wolf whistle, and a Failure fanfare.
And it's loud. Much fun will be had at other's expense this evening.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Long story short he was a user that was known for his rather questionable posts. Some of which containing hatred against Sakurai, clones, and other various components within Smash Bros.
Don't get me wrong here Dudes I had a burning hatred for these two :4drmario::4darkpit: because I was stupid to belive they got rid of :lucas::wolf:
After pushing that stupid thought aside though I came to the almighty conclusion, I love them more than:4mario::4pit:
Even if they are clones they are so much better to me than their originals :)
Hence why they are now in my mains :D
And to celebrate Christmas here I show to you all Nana and Popo While not the best I tried my hardest to bring these little eskimos into Amiibo Form now all that remains is their box :)

Hope you guys got what you wanted this year :)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well this year I got clothes, a Cheep Cheep and Yoshi plush, a blanket, popcorn, and a gift card.

I'd say it's a good year.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, this was PM'd to me:

Twelve Rocket Raccoons
Eleven Rad Beams
Ten Cruisin' Kayes
Nine Quilt Reversals
Eight Things Kenith Gathered
Seven Milquetoast Mods
(Six Points And You're Banned)

FIVE KNUCKLES THE KNUCKLES & KNUCKLES!

Four Thread Iterations
Three Cliff Gaffes
Two Turtle Doves
And
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)!

Festive festivities my feisty festooned friends!​

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I got:

Pokemon ORAS OST (Import)
Mario/Pikachu/Kirby Amiibos
Godzilla Movie Collection
Lots of Jellybeans

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Merry Christmas, everybody~

___

That aside, I couldn't manage to keep my Christmas avis up any longer, I've been wanting to try so many other things out that I decided to change it again today, the same day Christmas itself finally arrives.

As you could probably guess I've been doing some work in GMOD as of late. :p
Hope you get a shrunken head for Christmas. :awesome:

----

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I got soundboard toy shaped like a speech bubble.
It's amazing. It has a laugh track, an applause track, a booing crowd, blowhorn, woman's scream, wolf whistle, and a Failure fanfare.
And it's loud. Much fun will be had at other's expense this evening.
You'll make some sit-com crew happy one day.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, this was PM'd to me:

Twelve Rocket Raccoons
Eleven Rad Beams
Ten Cruisin' Kayes
Nine Quilt Reversals
Eight Things Kenith Gathered
Seven Milquetoast Mods
(Six Points And You're Banned)

FIVE KNUCKLES THE KNUCKLES & KNUCKLES!

Four Thread Iterations
Three Cliff Gaffes
Two Crazy Als
And
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)!

Festive festivities my feisty festooned friends!​
Fixed. Also, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL, A GOOD FIGHT.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Fixed. Also, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL, A GOOD FIGHT.
Hey.

Hey crazyal.

Hey.

Look at what I got you. Take a look take a peek. Have a gander.

[collapse=In here, crazyal. Right in here. Just open the tag.]
Check it out.

Merry Christmas, bruh.

*mwah*
[/collapse]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom