• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh that. Well! I forgot about that. Though I haven't played Sonic Riders or Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity in a while so I can't remember very well. Besides that I still think he looks cool! It's funny because Jason Griffith (guy who voiced Sonic and Shadow in 2005-2010) also voices Jet!
I haven't played those two games in a while either. I think the All-Stars Racing games are better, however. Shots fired.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Even though my shiny marill is competitive battle viable Im not sure if I want to actually train it because it seems more funny as a green Marill named mentos than a gold Azumarill named Mentos.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
anyone got any updates on this announcement that's happening later?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As someone who played the first few Sonic Riders games, Jet's voice can be as pleasant as hearing Flame Hyenard saying "BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN TO THE GROUND!" 24/7. Even though I would rather not touch Free Riders, his voice sounds less annoying and it's more like a wannabe tough teenager.

Soul.

Even though my shiny marill is competitive battle viable Im not sure if I want to actually train it because it seems more funny as a green Marill named mentos than a gold Azumarill named Mentos.
What are its IVs.

Ugh, breeding for a Modest Eevee with Adaptability and HP Ground is hard.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I never had problems with it.. it's like :4fox:'s voice. :troll:
Blame Sega for that.
Why blame sega?... Oh and I think I've said this before but I say it again.
New fox's is only annoying because his voice was from Star Fox 64 and 3D and his voice is way to calm to be used for fighting. Unlike Assault/Brawl voice where he had a calm voice but also good for fighting.
We're talking about VAs?

Both have the same VA.
Jason Griffith or the new guy? I despise the new VA btw

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Off Topic: It's interesting to the fact that Snips and Snails are one of the strongest, or maybe THE strongest unicorns in Mlp, I mean look at the thing that they're pulling in magic duel! Unicorns are supposed to be weak at physical strength, and these guys are like "**** that ****".

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

New fox's is only annoying because his voice was from Star Fox 64 and 3D and his voice is way to calm to be used for fighting. Unlike Assault/Brawl voice where he had a calm voice but also good for fighting.

The new guy. And I don't really mind Fox's voice as it's from SF64 and stuff. I just like his Melee / 64 voice better. :smirk:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Oh my God you warent kidding his voice is horrible, and the new one isnt too much better either. I still like his design tho. Whole Riders series needs some solid rebooting.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I miss Billy Hatcher. And Alex Kidd. But that's the only sympathy you'll get from me, SEGA. :4myfriends:
Give me liberty or give me Billy Hatcher 2.

U WOT M80 ILL 420NOSCOPE U.

(You can talk **** about SEGA but don't talk **** about Roger Craig Smith.)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

You don't like Ezio Auditore da Firenze?

Roger Craig Smith is the name you're looking for. He punched boulders as Chris Redfield.

Edit: :4greninja:'d.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well, I gotta go sleep.
Have this video of the sweet genius.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

The new guy. Rodger Craig Smith. I personally prefer his voice though. It's just less nasally.

As for Fox, I did prefer his Brawl voice too. But the "Engrish" Melee voice is awesome.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Give me liberty or give me Billy Hatcher 2.

U WOT M80 ILL 420NOSCOPE U.

(You can talk **** about SEGA but don't talk **** about Roger Craig Smith.)
...what. I certainly didn't realize ppl like Roger Craig Smith that much. I just think Jason Griffith was the best VA for Sonic and Shadow but not for Jet

D

Deleted member

According to L.O.G.I.C., Sonic voice actors in the US get replaced every 5 years, so expect a VA change this year. We won't really feel it then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
why? You grew to love the old guy? I mean he was good but It was nice to heard one that can actually make sonic sound acually sad/ disappointed/ ect correctly
According to L.O.G.I.C., Sonic voice actors in the US get replaced every 5 years.
Um well you see... Eggmans VA. If you know where I'm going with this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Um well you see... Eggmans VA. If you know where I'm going with this.
Sure, he could be an exception, but the 4kids voice actors (sans him) were replaced in 2010, and since five years have passed, it'd be funny if Sega does it again.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Also the voice actor for :falco: in Brawl also voiced Peppy in Brawl and

For both SSBB and SSB4. Mind Blown.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Sure, he could be an exception, but the 4kids voice actors (sans him) were replaced in 2010, and since five years have passed, it'd be funny if Sega does it again.
I think they change Sonic last VA because he wasn't doing so good, this one is. I don't think he is going anywhere for a while.

Soul.

Griffith made Sonic look like a wannabe hero for no reason at all. In my opinion.
Even though Sonic is a hero yeah. Whatever.

Last edited:

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Glad I got out from the workplace. Pure Super Bowl chaos.

Glad I'm outta there Friday.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Everybody, pause what you're doing and look at this cute frog picture

Okay now that's settled, I need to go do homework.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
why? You grew to love the old guy? I mean he was good but It was nice to heard one that can actually make sonic sound acually sad/ disappointed/ ect correctly
Oh I didn't realize that. Well to explain it well, I grew to love the sonic and shadow in brawl(Jason) and then when I heard the new VAs for sonic and shadow in SSB4. I was like "What!?" "This can't be.." (Blaze reference)

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
What are its IVs.

Ugh, breeding for a Modest Eevee with Adaptability and HP Ground is hard.
Not fully perfect but its got a couple perfect IVs so its not top of the line but its definitely usable.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Griffith made Sonic look like a wannabe hero for no reason at all. In my opinion.
Even though Sonic is a hero yeah. Whatever.
Your thought process amuses me. You seem to go back and forth on the same idea, and seem to have no clear ideals or beliefs. Then again, I'm very much the same way.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Oh I didn't realize that. Well to explain it well, I grew to love the sonic and shadow in brawl(Jason) and then when I heard the new VAs for sonic and shadow in SSB4. I was like "What!?" "This can't be.." (Blaze reference)
It will probably take some getting used to. I know it was different for me but He carried out the jokes in Sonic Colors so smoothly and actually made me laugh and when he pushed tails away into the escape pod , that I liked it instantly.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
You want to know what I don't get? Why there are blind lps where the lper doesn't talk during cutscenes. The whole point of a blind run is experience someone playing the game for the first time. It's hard to do that when they don't react during cutscenes. If I wanted to watch the game cinematically, I either play the game myself, or watch someone who already played the game.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
You want to know what I don't get? Why there are blind lps where the lper doesn't talk during cutscenes. The whole point of a blind run is experience someone playing the game for the first time. It's hard to do that when they don't react during cutscenes. If I wanted to watch the game cinematically, I either play the game myself, or watch someone who already played the game.
this makes no sense what you just said
They don't talk because they are being polite and letting the ones watching actually hear them.
Most of the ones I have seem react AFTER it is done.

Last edited:

Soul.

Your thought process amuses me. You seem to go back and forth on the same idea, and seem to have no clear ideals or beliefs. Then again, I'm very much the same way.
Do you have nothing else to do other than quote my post?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I've been Lapras hunting for who knows how long. Absolutely no Lapras has appeared and it's just a bunch of tentacool and the occasional Mantine. I'l probably find a shiny Tentacool before Lapras decides to show up. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom