• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The Conquest for this week is 3 teams of all the newcomers in Brawl. The teams are (erroneously) listed as:

Team Diddy Kong - :4dedede: (:4diddy::4zss::4pit:)

Team King Dedede - :4rob: (:4wario::4metaknight::4lucario:)

Team Olimar - :4olimar: (:4tlink::4myfriends::4charizard::4sonic:)

Note Dedede is the mascot for Team Diddy Kong, and is not actually on Team King Dedede.

Good job Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

So I'm playing the Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. demo and I didn't know you could move the camera with the face buttons. That will do for the time being. I don't mind the touch screen camera either.

Soul.

Ash and Serena have a "date" or something else related to a Tree in Coumarine City that I forgot :p

Well, Im starting to read my name as SPongebob; that means Im sleepy :4dk:

Goodnight all!
Lol. Out of all things, a date. ArmourShipping must be happy I guess..

D

Deleted member

Anyone know what time Apex starts? And if they're streaming doubles first or singles.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Interesting things I did today on smash:
Played as Marth
Played as Marth and stage spiked a Duck Hunt dog player with his own exploding can
Got a 26% kill as lucario on a wario who proceeded to change his nametag to NICESKILL and leave
Survived a Wariocide as Ike leaving only Wario to die.
Shield grabbing ruins Wario's bike riding fun

Good times today!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Conquest for this week is 3 teams of all the newcomers in Brawl. The teams are (erroneously) listed as:

Team Diddy Kong - :4dedede: (:4diddy::4zss::4pit:)

Team King Dedede - :4rob: (:4wario::4metaknight::4lucario:)

Team Olimar - :4olimar: (:4tlink::4myfriends::4charizard::4sonic:)

Note Dedede is the mascot for Team Diddy Kong, and is not actually on Team King Dedede.

Good job Nintendo.
It's a ROB conspiracy to avenge his fate.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Blue team is not winning for sure though, Rob players are very rare, Wario players are fairly common, Metaknight players are basically extinct and lucario players are very very rare. Its just not gonna happen.

Soul.

I wonder what were the developers thinking when they uploaded the new Conquest.
I guess King Dedede is what Diddy should be...?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
it's kind of funny

i went through so many mareep, that when i finally got it, i thought something was wrong with my screen

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Does anyone know if the Super Smash Bros Edition Gamecube Controller has any difference from one of the White GCCs? I feel like getting one, but I think I read somewhere that it has no "half-press" on the triggers. Or is that incorrect?

Are they exactly the same?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Does anyone know if the Super Smash Bros Edition Gamecube Controller has any difference from one of the White GCCs? I feel like getting one, but I think I read somewhere that it has no "half-press" on the triggers. Or is that incorrect?

I don't think there are differences between the two. It should work fine.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

The half-press triggers only affect the shield size in Melee. If you're playing Brawl or Smash 4, there won't be a difference.

Soul.

Lol I'm the only person watching this thread rn.

So yeah uhh, the Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. demo is good. Just tried it out a while ago.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
The half-press triggers only affect the shield size in Melee. If you're playing Brawl or Smash 4, there won't be a difference.
I know, but I plan on using it for some old Gamecube games (possibly including Melee) as well.

Do you actually know if it has half-press?

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Says the guy with Lucario on his icon

We'll see about That!
Just because my main is in a conquest it does not mean I'll blindly think my team will win. Every conquest lucario was in his team has lost except for one of the first conquests before Wii U smash came out and that was the Gun vs fist vs sword conquest and that was only won because team brawler also had Little mac and DK on Lucario's team.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Folks are now saying that codename steam is good?
What kind of curse is this???

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Now that I've beaten Xenoblade, I've been following X, and wow this game is looking aaammmmaazzziiing. <3

So many interesting little details and the team working on it seem like perfection.

The game apparently barely fit on one game disc and had to use special nintendo mechanisms to reduce loading.

You can also apparently have 4 party members fighting instead of 3.

The only things that are making me slightly disappointed is the fact that it is going in a more serious direction, (as oppose to xenoblade's charming and comedic direction), and an avatar character who will probably lack a personality.

Going to pre-order it when I can.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
Just because my main is in a conquest it does not mean I'll blindly think my team will win. Every conquest lucario was in his team has lost except for one of the first conquests before Wii U smash came out and that was the Gun vs fist vs sword conquest and that was only won because team brawler also had Little mac and DK on Lucario's team.
Actually it wasn't DK that helped him win it was Captain Falcon. Little Mac has only lost 1 conquest ever to date.
And on the Wii U Lucario's only ever Been in 2 conquests, losing to Charizard Pikachu and Captain Falcon.

But the point I wan't to make is, you gotta get in there support your main otherwise you'll doom them to loose.
I'm on Blue Team to support R.O.B. and I already won my first conquest match 1st place with 14 points contributed.
Every little bit counts for something in the end!

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Actually it wasn't DK that helped him win it was Captain Falcon. Little Mac has only lost 1 conquest ever to date.
And on the Wii U Lucario's only ever Been in 2 conquests, losing to Charizard Pikachu and Captain Falcon.

But the point I wan't to make is, you gotta get in there support your main otherwise you'll doom them to loose.
I'm on Blue Team to support R.O.B. and I already won my first conquest match 1st place with 14 points contributed.
Every little bit counts for something in the end!
Ive contributed nearly a hundred points per conquest and the results are the same still, player population is a powerful contributor.
Little Mac has sheer number helping him as 50 little macs who lost a conquest battle is still 50 points to his team then add in the Little macs who won and his points skyrocket. Lucario has a low player count with rob just as low if not lower and Metaknight at an abysmal level and its this against teams with characters who are played fairly often. Blue team is quite screwed.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"The location tests for Pokkén Tournament have begun in Japan and have revealed a few more minor details. In addition to the two stages that we know about, as well as the colosseum/fighting ring stages in the promotional pamphlet, a fourth new stage was revealed during the location test thanks to Twitter user revolvermario. This stage appears to be set in a dome in an aquarium and features a load of Water-type Pokémon, as well as the Legendary Pokémon, Lugia. Alternate colours/costumes have also been spotted including a Pikachu wearing blue shorts and a red Lucario. Other colourations have also been confirmed. Red Gardevoir and White Suicune both are alternate colours that are used within this game"

Red ****ing Lucario man. :4lucario:

If you to see more of the pictures, go visit Serebii, where I found this out.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
APEX is looking pretty rekt right about now.
I can't help but feel this. . . is probably temporal punishment for Alex Strife's wrongdoings. As well as others, maybe.
Edit: perhaps cosmic/karmic justice is a better phrase.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Some nice soul just traded me a shiny 4IV Gardevoir and Phione on WT, I kind of feel guilty now since both times I gave them a reject Bagon.

He also won another one while he was in the Alpha Sapphire team with Greninja, where interestingly enough, they both beat Charizard and Pikachu for it.

Having said that, I expect Team Red to win as I see more Diddys and King Dededes then I do the others aside from maybe Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom