• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So I was out the whole afternoon and had Smash 3DS to keep me company. Anyway, what did I miss?

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
The avatar reminds me of D-idara.
That's kinda odd. I have been thinking the same thing. I think I saw him complaining on some soundtrack video somewhere. And that would kinda fit to D-idara tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
That's kinda odd. I have been thinking the same thing. I think I saw him complaining on some soundtrack video somewhere. And that would kinda fit to D-idara tbh.
If the complaints were about no Ridley or DK and Bowser having animal grunts, it's him.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Anyone want to read a brief thing I wrote? Not really sure what it is yet, or what I'm gonna do with it, but eh.
“Something seems… different.”

This innocent phrase came from a young blonde boy, lying on his back on a grassy knoll. He was observing the vast, blue sky above him, which should have been devoid of clouds on such a hot, summer day. However, framed in almost the center of the sky, was the wisp of a cloud.

The boy had noticed this cloud before; it seemed to follow him wherever he went since he was a baby. Whenever he asked Grandma or Mother about it, they at first tried to convince him it was not strange, then outright denied its existence. But the boy knew the cloud was there. It was always there.

It was one of the many absolutes in the boy’s life. He always woke up at the same time, ate the same breakfast, played the same thing with his mother in the morning (hopscotch), went to the same school, learned the same things, ate the same lunch, did the same homework, ate the same dinner, and went to bed at the same time. His life was routine, but the boy did not know what routine meant. The boy’s name was also Crane. He had no last name or first names, as he didn’t know what those were, either.

The cloud was the same, too. Always white, circular with a small tail at the end, and having the same darker center. But today was different. Everything had been different since he met Swan a week ago.

Swan was a girl his age. She resembled him in many ways physically, and also mentally. They had the same routine, except Swan had a Father instead of a Mother. However, her Father was rarely around, so she was mostly raised by her Grandmother. She suddenly appeared a week ago, introducing herself to Crane at school, which was only populated by six other students, three boys and three girls. Swan suddenly appearing was a wrench thrown into the tedious life that Crane lived. However, Crane didn’t mind it at all.

Swan was smart. She knew things that Crane didn’t. She even noticed the cloud that followed him the first day they met. Swan knew all her alphabet, could do times tables up to 12, and had a lot of books. One day, she loaned him a book in secret. The book was called Great Expectations, and was written by someone named Charles Dickens. When he asked who Dickens was during lunch one day, Mother had stiffened up and asked him who he had heard that name from. He lied, and said it was Falcon, a boy in his class. He asked Mother who it was once again, and she claimed not to know. The next day at school, Falcon was not in the classroom. Swan noticed his disappearance as well, and they discussed it that pitch-black night.

“What do you think happened to him?” Crane inquired, chewing a carrot Swan had brought from Grandmother’s house.

“He might have gotten sick” she answered, shrugging.

Crane considered for a moment, then asked the question that was on his mind. “What does ‘sick’ mean?”

Swan sighed, and answered. “‘Sick’ means that you aren’t feeling well enough to go to school.”

“I’ve never been sick before,” Crane mused, looking into the empty blackness of night. “I wonder what it’s like.”

“Not very good,” Swan added, propped up on her elbows on the hill. Her long, curly blonde hair hung back from her head. “At least, that’s what Father says.”

They looked at the darkness enveloping them for only a few more minutes, no words exchanged between them, then snuck back home without a word.

The next day, Swan wasn’t at school.

The day after, the cloud changed. Swan was smarter than Crane, but Crane was still incredibly smart, and he knew these two things were connected. Somehow, the cloud was responsible for what happened to Swan. And Crane was going to get her back, somehow, someway.

Chapter One: Westward Journey

Paul Kowalski never stopped for hitchhikers. He had heard stories about hitchhikers murdering their drivers, people unknowingly picking up escaped criminals, or just people being just plain weird. Hitchhikers were the lowest of the low, punks and hippies too poor or too stupid to buy their own car and travel wherever they want, whenever they want. For whatever reason, Paul changed his mind about hitchhikers the day he picked up the strange young blonde man. And the world, no, the universe has him to thank for that.

Paul was on one of his routine runs to Clearwater from his farm to get groceries when he spied the kid walking aside the road, limping and disoriented. He stopped without even realizing next to the kid and rolled down his window to talk to him.

“Hey, young man, what you do doing out here by yourself? Need a ride?”

The kid looked up quickly, meeting Paul’s eyes almost like a deadlock. His eyes were as gray as a rumbling thunderstorm, and he seemed troubled. In an instant, the kid’s demeanor changed to that of a laid-back smile, his eyes moving to a more comfortable blue.

“Thanks, sir. Can you drive me to town?” He spoke with assurance and ease, but also a hidden intelligence and grace that made Paul think he was a city folk.

“Sure, hop on in. Move over, Kent.” Paul prodded his dog with a finger, and the big Labrador scooted closer to him with reluctance, eying the strange newcomer with contempt for taking his sacred seat. The kid sat down in the seat of the truck, sighed, and thanked Paul again. He glanced at Kent, who was still keeping an eye on him.

“That’s a lovely… cat.” the kid said, furrowing his brow to come up with the last word, then seemingly became relieved that he got the right word. Kent’s ears perked up at his trigger word, and began sniffing the young man for any piece of a cat, even something as inconsequential as a skin cell. Paul held back laughter, more convinced than ever of the kid’s urban origins.

“That’s a dog, that’s Kent.” Kent licked his master’s hand in response to his name, and Paul returned the favor by petting him a few times. “My name’s Paul Kowalski, most people call me Church around these parts. What’s your name?”

“My name is Crane. Crane… Kowalski” Paul raised his eyebrows and looked at the kid hard. Not even city folk would name their son Crane, and the possibility that this kid shared his last name was too consequential to be true.
Tell me what you think about it, I guess.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka38UQ5-X50
This vid kinda shows the Mii brawler is the new meta knight, if you used the right custom moves.
That not meta knight broken. Despite the fact his up b can kill early, here's the thing, thats his only kill move that isn't laggy. Meta knight had everything, amazing recovery options, a whole bunch of kill moves, moves that came out in one frame, lots of damaging attack. Also, tornado was op.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If the complaints were about no Ridley or DK and Bowser having animal grunts, it's him.
Speaking of Donkey Kong.
I remember we were talking about cheesy video game cartoons, and how come we didn't talk about the Donkey Kong Country animated series (or the Q*Bert one for that matter)?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So I have completed 132 challenges in Smash Bros. Wii U. I have 8 more left to complete.
  1. Complete Classic at 7.0 or more with all characters.
  2. Destroy 50,000 blocks in Trophy Rush.
  3. Score 450,000 points or over on Stage 3 in solo Target Blast.
  4. Collect over 300,000G.
  5. Collect all headgear.
  6. Collect all custom moves.
  7. Collect over 700 individual trophies.
  8. See all Final smashes.
I have used 2 hammers on the following:
  • Complete 10-man smash under 17 secs. with all characters.
  • Complete All-Star Hard with all characters.
I will probably use a hammer on No. 1. Maybe No.2 as well as they couldn't be bothered to add a counter in Records for how many blocks you've destroyed in total. Or the amount of gold you've accumulated. >_>

I don't care if I'm guilty for using hammers, I hate doing challenges that involve using all characters from a large roster to do a menial task. Especially if that menial task has to be on Expert mode. >_>

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Nah, I am pretty sure it was about soundtrack representation.
And, to be honest, I am also not a fan at all of the animal grunts and I could write about what irks me about them for hours, but D-idara just pretty much went too far. (What also kinda baffles me is the fact that BJ & the Koopalings have their original voices, yet Bowser hasn't. My OCD is strong with that fact lol)
What kinda surprises me though is that, despite all that, he seemed pretty fine otherwise. I mean sure, he definitely has anger issues, but he seems perfectly normal otherwise...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I have completed 132 challenges in Smash Bros. Wii U. I have 8 more left to complete.
  1. Complete Classic at 7.0 or more with all characters.
  2. Destroy 50,000 blocks in Trophy Rush.
  3. Score 450,000 points or over on Stage 3 in solo Target Blast.
  4. Collect over 300,000G.
  5. Collect all headgear.
  6. Collect all custom moves.
  7. Collect over 700 individual trophies.
  8. See all Final smashes.
I have used 2 hammers on the following:
  • Complete 10-man smash under 17 secs. with all characters.
  • Complete All-Star Hard with all characters.
I will probably use a hammer on No. 1. Maybe No.2 as well as they couldn't be bothered to add a counter in Records for how many blocks you've destroyed in total. Or the amount of gold you've accumulated. >_>

I don't care if I'm guilty for using hammers, I hate doing challenges that involve using all characters from a large roster to do a menial task. Especially if that menial task has to be on Expert mode. >_>
I would refrain from using it on the Trophy Rush challenge. Since it seems to be the easier of the bunch.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't really care about tier lists now.
I was convinced that Palutena was bad, but yesterday there was a lot of people playing Smash 4 in a local Mall and one guy was destroying everybody with her, Dedede and Villager; my friend challenged him and lost 5-0, I challenged the guy later and I lost 5-2.
After that I trained with Palutena for the rest of the day and night and I had a nice improvement. I look foward to challenge that skilled guy again.
Falco rant:
Try telling that to people who think Falco is trash. It's like the only things that defined Falco are short hop lasers, chain grabs, and Dair. THAT'S IT! No mentions about his combo game, nothing about how his Bair is relatively the same except that it's Wolf's and not a sex kick, how Reflector is great, his awesome recovery, Dtilt being powerful, Utilt is amazing, Nair is a good approach, etc. Absolutely nothing.

If Falco was defined only by those three damned things, then holy hell is Falco a -bleeping- pile of -bleeped- bull-bleep-. At least freaking Mario can be defined by other stuff or how Captain Falco is defined by his speed, power, combo ability, Knee, Nipple spike, and his infamous Falcon Punch.

There are like no videos posted outside of his section nor do people ever talk about him and if someone does mention him, then they automatically say he's a steaming pile of -bleeping- horse -bleep-. People even say that it was better when he was a damned clone and complain about Dark Pit and Lucina being clones! RANT FREAKING OVER.

So... How's everyone doing?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Nah, I am pretty sure it was about soundtrack representation.
And, to be honest, I am also not a fan at all of the animal grunts and I could write about what irks me about them for hours, but D-idara just pretty much went too far. (What also kinda baffles me is the fact that BJ & the Koopalings have their original voices, yet Bowser hasn't. My OCD is strong with that fact lol)
What kinda surprises me though is that, despite all that, he seemed pretty fine otherwise. I mean sure, he definitely has anger issues, but he seems perfectly normal otherwise...
Quoted for truth. D-idara is a really nice guy, but when Sakurai's choices get brought up...

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
What if: If mlp music is in smash bros here's what I want:
My Little Pony Melody
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbVCvz…

What My Cutie Mark Is Telling (REMIX/No Vocals/Orchestral)
This Day Aria (Original/ With Music,and Vocals)
Winter Wrap Up (REMIX/No Vocals/Orchestra)
Twilight's Theme (Fighting Is Magic)
P.S.: I'm not a brony, I just like the show

I know it's impossible, but a man could dream.

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Quoted for truth. D-idara is a really nice guy, but when Sakurai's choices get brought up...
And when idiots flash bait in his face just to get him angry...

Shame he got banned though.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Am I the only one that likes the "animal grunts?"

Bowser sounds like he did in Super Mario World, the only Mario game that matters. He's menacing rather than goofy.

Come to think of it, Mario also had detailed overalls with back pockets in SMW, like in Brawl...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Less than 10 minutes without mods, and everything is a mess...classic Social Thread.

If Dragon Dance Garchomp was true.
Holy ****. That would be awesome.
And really scary.
Incoming Ice Shard Mamoswine everywhere!!
Imagine DD on Mega Chomp, its speed gets patched and.....[SWEEP INTENSIFIES]

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Falco rant:
Try telling that to people who think Falco is trash. It's like the only things that defined Falco are short hop lasers, chain grabs, and Dair. THAT'S IT! No mentions about his combo game, nothing about how his Bair is relatively the same except that it's Wolf's and not a sex kick, how Reflector is great, his awesome recovery, Dtilt being powerful, Utilt is amazing, Nair is a good approach, etc. Absolutely nothing.

If Falco was defined only by those three damned things, then holy hell is Falco a -bleeping- pile of -bleeped- bull-bleep-. At least freaking Mario can be defined by other stuff or how Captain Falco is defined by his speed, power, combo ability, Knee, Nipple spike, and his infamous Falcon Punch.

There are like no videos posted outside of his section nor do people ever talk about him and if someone does mention him, then they automatically say he's a steaming pile of -bleeping- horse -bleep-. People even say that it was better when he was a damned clone and complain about Dark Pit and Lucina being clones! RANT FREAKING OVER.

So... How's everyone doing?
... People don't consider Falco a clone anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom