• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Nope, like Another, Shiki, and other bloody anime/manga, I stay away from it. Unless it's wacky like the Devil May Cry anime, or something like Hellsing, Claymore, or Berserk, I'm not going to deal with organs, blood, and stuff flying all over the place. Egh... See, this is why I'd be a horrible doctor or surgeon.

Samurai champuru style, son!
Oh jeez the DMC anime, what a waste of time that was :(

D

Deleted member

Didn't Marth's VA in that Fire Emblem dub also do the dubbing for Shinji?

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
After all the troubble with groundon i caught raquaza on my first pokeball
first pokeball
FIRST POKEBALL
They upped the catch rate on Rayquaza so you can pretty much catch it in any pokeball you want really.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Anyone ever hear Marth's english voice from those anime dubs? Sounds like someone from a boy band.
Spike Spencer? Considering the age of the anime and Marth's vague age, it was probably intentional to make Marth sound "young". Spike's regular voice is sort of high-pitched like Vic Mignogna and James Arnold Taylor, but it's not kid-like. Marth was about 14 in Shadow Dragon, but kind of looks like he's 17 which makes it even more weird. I mean, look at Link in Twilight Princess. He's like 16-17, but sounds like a 20-30 year-old BAMF. Funny enough, Roy's similar in age, but when he talks in Melee, he sounds like a BAMF. In battles, he sounds like a woman, a truck horn, and a boy going through puberty. It's really, really weird. Here's a video of Spike Spencer doing an interview in 2011: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOsD-PEdX50.

I can see Spike voicing Marth again for that soft-spokeness like Ringabel in Bravely Default as OboromuramaAlpaca loves, but I can also see Jamieson Price, the voice of Lu Bu, voice him too. It all depends on how it's done. You could get the best sounding voice ever, but if it's poorly done, then it's just bad like how people said Keifer Sutherland didn't sound right in Ground Zeroes, but sounds much better in The Phantom Pain or Robin Atkin Downes's "fiddle" line in GZ.

But dont those have things flying everywhere also?
They're flying stylishly and brutally, but not horrifically. :p

Oh jeez the DMC anime, what a waste of time that was :(
At least it has good music. I wish I could find more of Aimee B. singing. The only other song I know she sung was Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt's Fallen Angel.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Was not aware of this
How hard is it to get deoxes
Can be a pain since it can use recover and raise both its defenses but if you can get it into the red its not that hard to catch, but it will be a hell and a half if its in the yellow.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
After all the troubble with groundon i caught raquaza on my first pokeball
first pokeball
FIRST POKEBALL
Reminds me of the time I threw a Pokeball on Shadow Lugia in XD at full health for fun and caught it. Speaking of Lugia, I just caught it in AS. Of course in regular Pokéball. Pokéball best Pokéball.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
And both games were registered today to get Mewtwo. I'm late, I know.
But did you also claim the Soundtrack CD? I'm more hyped for that than Mewtwo tbh.

D

Deleted member

But did you also claim the Soundtrack CD? I'm more hyped for that than Mewtwo tbh.
Not for now. For music there's always YouTube and that kind of stuff. I'll think about it, but I mainly registered both for Mewtwo to get it early rather than waiting for the eShop download.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I was gonna break the thread by posting Yoshis New Island title music buuuttt..
That's right. Yoshi's New Island is butt.

(Never played it before, but Yoshi's Island DS left a bad impression. Yoshi's New Island doesn't seem great to me, either.)

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
It is aggravating and interesting that I must beat all 5 master level contests to get Lucarionite, Lucario confirmed for master of style!

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
That's right. Yoshi's New Island is butt.

(Never played it before, but Yoshi's Island DS left a bad impression. Yoshi's New Island doesn't seem great to me, either.)
I've heard bad stories about New Island as well. And didn't like Island DS myself.

It is aggravating and interesting that I must beat all 5 master level contests to get Lucarionite, Lucario confirmed for master of style!
It's better than getting 1000 flags for Garchompinite. Currently at 126.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've heard bad stories about New Island as well. And didn't like Island DS myself.
I watched Vinny play it, and to my eyes it's a lot like New Super Mario Bros 2. It's not awful, but it could have been far better (and more original for that matter).
The music in the other hand is wonderfully awful, until you realize the a bulk of the soundtrack has the exact same composition.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387

It's better than getting 1000 flags for Garchompinite. Currently at 126.
Why go through the effort? Mega Garchomp is only worth it on the turn it mega evolves since it loses speed. Its only decent if you got a tailwind up already, could just give Garchomp a life orb and say tada!

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
That's the thing; only useful equipment I have is first strike invincibility, which only works against the Master Core clone Marth. I've made it to Master Fortress once, and died from the acid.

At this point, I would hammer the Metroid challenge just to get the Parasite Queen theme, but I don't have any hammers.
I've only gotten to Master Fortress once, at 8.0. I beat him him with Shulk at 80% and no lives lost. Probably beginners' luck, tho, but I did find that defeating the shadow lethiniums (KI laser flowers) first makes things a lot easier.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The music in the other hand is wonderfully awful, until you realize the a bulk of the soundtrack has the exact same composition.
That's probably the major gripe that puts me off from playing it. You have to create the right composition that you can re-use in different melodies without sounding monotonous/repetitive.

I'm trying to think of games that do this to great effect, but I can't think any from off my tongue.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How's it going folks?

This morning I had a bit of a nightmare and the morning overall had a rough start...but I'm fine now...

D

Deleted member

I've only gotten to Master Fortress once, at 8.0. I beat him him with Shulk at 80% and no lives lost. Probably beginners' luck, tho, but I did find that defeating the shadow lethiniums (KI laser flowers) first makes things a lot easier.
I've beaten him with Shulk on 8.5 once.

Once.

Although there is a challenge that requires you to clear on 8.0 or higher with 3 characters and it unlocks music so it wasn't a total wast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom