• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
So Nintendo decided to make some posters featuring female characters in a "We Can Do It!" WWII style to celebrate Women's Day:

And I actually have some questions:
Wasn't it actually said that Toads have no gender? Then should Toadette be here?
Why is Bayonetta here? I mean she's awesome and all, but she's not a Nintendo character.
I can understand why :4peach: isn't here and why they put :4zelda: as Tetra, I really do since people connect them to Damsels in Distress. However, why is Bombette here?
Wait, the pink bob ombs in Super Mario 64 were females and not males ?
c65.jpg

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So Nintendo decided to make some posters featuring female characters in a "We Can Do It!" WWII style to celebrate Women's Day:

Wasn't it actually said that Toads have no gender? Then should Toadette be here?
Why is Bayonetta here? I mean she's awesome and all, but she's not a Nintendo character.
I can understand why :4peach: isn't here and why they put :4zelda: as Tetra, I really do since people connect them to Damsels in Distress. However, why is Bombette here?
Where's :4marth:?
:troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Nintendo made these themselves? How bold.
Also, one of the devs for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker said Toads have no gender. He don't know ****.
And Bombette being there is REALLY baffling. If we're going to have a random female Paper Mario character, Goombella or Lady Bow seems like a way better choice.
edit: maybe @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 can help us.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So...anyone else see this trailer yet or am I :079:?

Donkey Kong in a movie made by Sony Pictures! :O
I honestly found the (gonna butcher this badly) Irutani and PAC-MAN portion kinda funny
Because if you think about what PAC-MAN must be thinking
"Oh Hi Dad :4pacman:"
"Oh wait, you're trying to kill me. D:"
"Maybe just a warning shot to get him to go away. '^'"
*nibble*

:b

_gold_

Smash Master
Speaking of Mario genders...
Did you know that Petey Piranha is female in France?
Now that's weird.
It's too bad Petey doesn't get enough of the spotlight nowadays. He used to make a cameo often, but now it's like he's nonexistent. I always liked him... or her, not sure.
Maybe if they ever decide remake Sunshine, we might see him again.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Did she have a male name in the French version? :p

:231:
Nope, her French name was just "Bombinette", actually. :p

On another note, a few of the partners from Paper Mario were originially going to be in Thousand Year Door; but they were, with the obvious exceptions of Lady Bow and Parakarry, cut and presumably replaced by the other partners as the game went through development; Goombario was replaced by Goombella, Kooper was replaced by Koops, Bombette was replaced by Bobbery and Watt, Sushie and Lakilester were totally cut with no replacement.

_gold_

Smash Master
Not really. Heck, when I was younger I was fully convinced Samus was male. And any time I saw otherwise I assumed it was a typo.
That life changing moment when you find out that the original Ash from the anime was voiced by a female. Then you find out the new Ash is still voiced by a female. Not so much uncommon, but still was a surprise for me.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
That life changing moment when you find out that the original Ash from the anime was voiced by a female. Then you find out the new Ash is still voiced by a female. Not so much uncommon, but still was a surprise for me.
That happens more often than you think. Bart Simpson, Bobby Hill and even Woody Woodpecker are examples of male characters who are voiced by a female.

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
That realization hit me much like this.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Arent most Shonen protagonists (especially young ones) voiced by females? Most of them do a job so good you cant even tell.

.....and then theres Goku

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Hello, chaps! Anyone want to play Smash 3ds? Basically For Fun but with you guys, plus there are customs.
Any one want to join?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Really? Thanks to Gohan, I knew that pretty much every young boy in anime is voiced by an actress. It's like, a rule.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Really? Thanks to Gohan, I knew that pretty much every young boy in anime is voiced by an actress. It's like, a rule.
It is Japan, almost all cute Poke'mon are voiced by girls. INCLUDING PIKACHU. I have known about Ash's voice actor since i was 5 or 6... Japan is strange when it comes to voice acting.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
So I needed to be the baby sitter of my little sister today. I decided to show her Super Mario Sunshine on Gamecube, my least favorite 3D Mario. This game always gave me problems for some reason, it doesn't put me in a good mood. She played it a bit, but when I said it was time to stop playing, she yelled because she still wanted to play it.
tumblr_na7uncVfWa1sjntewo1_400.jpg

Super Mario Sunshine is loved by everyone, but it always gives me bad luck for some reason.

Well, I need to work on my spanish a bit.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
"Starting next month when new phones go on sale, HTC will replace damaged phones free of charge during its normal 12-month warranty period — no questions asked. The offer EXPANDS on HTC Corp.’s current pledge to replace cracked screens for the first six months" -http://kron4.com/2015/03/18/smash-your-phone-get-it-replaced-for-free/ something i dug up while looking up Smash Bros Wii U. Google, am i right?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
It is Japan, almost all cute Poke'mon are voiced by girls. INCLUDING PIKACHU. I have known about Ash's voice actor since i was 5 or 6... Japan is strange when it comes to voice acting.
Meh, here in Latin America a large buch of male kid characters are voiced by women. I'm pretty much used to it.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
*reads thread title*
They're @Hokori & the Brain!
Yes, Hokori & the Brain!

One is an @Opossum ,
The other a Dorf main!

Main, main, main, main...

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I knew it yesterday, but what do you mean by "you guys are serious"?

Don't tell me I missed Paper Mario jokes.....
I posted this:

Therefore people who don't know Bombette getting confused on her gender.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Nope, her French name was just "Bombinette", actually. :p

On another note, a few of the partners from Paper Mario were originially going to be in Thousand Year Door; but they were, with the obvious exceptions of Lady Bow and Parakarry, cut and presumably replaced by the other partners as the game went through development; Goombario was replaced by Goombella, Kooper was replaced by Koops, Bombette was replaced by Bobbery and Watt, Sushie and Lakilester were totally cut with no replacement.
ok, this is true.

I ripped the stuff in the a folder of TTYD and there is models and textures of every partners of pm64.

However, it is NOT confirmed which one was replaced with which. Also, spm does have every single models of these partners because of the cards.

Onw interesting note, gombella model is actually wrong in TTYD. You remember guys when I freaked out because her trophy in ssb4 had yellow bars? It was the case in the tittle screen and even the little hp icon, but not her design in game. What this means is that both TTYD and SPM featured a wrong model of her.

Which is weird, but TTYD is close from perfection, not flawless :)

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Our Love is Stronger Than a Golden Banana.
WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF THIS?!?!?:dk::dk::dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::dk::dk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom