• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Guys, I really do want to know how the Social Forums system works.

I love this place, but if it was an option, I'd have an extra cubbyhole for shenanigans, too.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So I don't know why I thought this but for some reason I thought :mewtwomelee: was going to be released this month. Then I found out on SSB4 Dojo that he wasn't... Did anyone else expect him at this time?
Well when most people heard "Spring 2015," they would rather imagine the beginning of Spring rather than mid/late Spring.

So no, can't really blame you. Though I didn't think it would be releasing until after MK8's 2nd DLC pack, anyway.

Oh and what's "Likeception"?
It's probably similar to my infraception.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Well when most people heard "Spring 2015," they would rather imagine the beginning of Spring rather than mid/late Spring.

So no, can't really blame you. Though I didn't think it would be releasing until after MK8's 2nd DLC pack, anyway.

With that logic, I can definitely say that we got our wish granted about Majora's Mask 3D! :D

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
THIS Facebook post made my day
Frieza.PNG

Mega Mewtwo Z is so rare

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Modtroid plz
I could easily get a New 3DS XL because they are only 200 for me but... College first.

Damn College, making it hard to treat myself
Sell your books, drop out, move into a box with your gf.

Congrats, not only do you have a New 3DS XL but you are also going to have to eat your leg to survive. :4wario2:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Does anyone know where I can ask my question that it will actualy be answered?

For fun points, here is what GFaqs would add to the roster on average.

K. Rool, Ridley, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Dixie, Isaac, Snake, Toad, Wonder Red

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

K. Rool, Ridley, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Dixie, Isaac, Snake, Toad, Wonder Red
0/10 none of them are Chrob or Vikkager

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
AND SO BEGINS BLARGG888'S JOURNEYS INTO STONE TOWER TEMPLE.
See you on the "Flipped-side"
:troll:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I could easily get a New 3DS XL because they are only 200 for me but... College first.

Damn College, making it hard to treat myself
If only we were in 2009 or before where tuition was so low you wouldn't believe it

You can't expect a reply all the time, especially on a social. There's just so many people.
Cool cool. Though there may also be X and Y forms but its hard to say at this time

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, Twitch Plays Pokémon is facing a ledge. Time to ruin some attempts :bowser:

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Guys, I really just lived a terrible event.

First, important tags before, thanks for you're awesomeness in the PM btw:

@MegaMarioMan9 @Paper Maribro @SpaceJell0 @Rockaphin and @SmashRiver64

What happenned is:

After at least 3 years of well cherished service....

My Asus K53SV laptop DIED!

I know what you're thinking, it's a machine, therfore it is replacable, but the thing is, this was the very first computer I owned in my life. I did SO MUCH on it that it even became a part of me. I like just was making one with this laptop....I lived so much with it.

Let me begin by the beginning.

I was first using Windows for at least 1 year and a half. The day I got the computer is really far, even way before I got into the speedrunning community which is like 3 years from now. At first, it was mostly for browsing online, but I decided to live magical events after I decided to watch speedruns live stream. Some streams were very memorable especially the Iateyourpie one. I have to give credits to this guy because he's the reason I learned about the game Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64. I eventually bought it on VC, loved it. Then I played TTYD and you know the story. By the time, I was using IRC with the speedrunning community as I was really interested.

Then, I got into TTYD glitch hunting. That was probably the most memorable memory I had of using this computer....I really had so much fun. This was pretty significant enough to use on smashboards a silly avatar for a long time more than a year actually. Using Cheat engine on the little screen to play the game on my 40 inches TV via hdmi, it was really wonderfull (not putting image intentionally here :) ).

Then, it was on the same computer that I got skyped and talked for a long time with IRL schoolmate. I really talked a lot, some calls were very funny. Until my headphones broke and bought a pair of Bose headphones (hi mega :) ), but without a mic. I think this is that year I joined on this site, but I only became to be very active the next year since April (so, last year April basically).

For reasons that I won't tell, I felt depressed. Do know that it's not because I lived a bad events, but ut it's more an health issue. Thus, I was using the boards here to distract myself....it helped a bit to lurk :)

And then, I got back in TTYD glitch hunting....but for only a month because I realised I couldn't go further. I remember announcing it to the skype group and immediately played the intro theme of TTYD while remembering the goods moments....I cried.

But the next period was probably my favorite time I passed on the computer: here. I really LOVED speculation and being OP of the Paper Mario thread. Using GIMP with the images was really fun and made the OP so much gorgeous that I was impressed myself :) This is also when I became to be really chatty in English...trust me, I probalby wrote more text here than ANY text I did befoire I came here in English. I met friends here which is why i specifically tag them....I have a 150 pages pm :)

And after speculation was just becomming to be a blast. Doing a TTYD moinecraft ressources pack (stil unfinished btw....will continue it eventually), starting a brand new glitch hunting experience on spm and even using wiimote on my laptop.

Which is when it happened.....

Some weeks ago, I was getting a similar problem as I got a year after I got the pc. Basically, my pc became dependant on the charger which isn't really a problem for me, but the thing is, after long period of uses, the charger will simply stop to charge and the problem being the input signal IN the computer. The first time, the computer was on the waranty so it was fine....

but I got the same symptons some weeks ago a year after the waranty ended. I was able to same some files due to my awareness of the problems. I had my cheat table saved and some pictures files on my usb key. I even backed up some files on my other tower computer as the hard drive had 250gb....quite good.

But the problem was getting worse. I had to position the plug more frequently and the computer was becomming even more unstable as I got some hibernation or shutdown with the power unplugging itself until I tilit it a bit.

And yesterday....

His game ended.

I tried to believe it was the charger, but it wasn't the case after I bought an universal one (that actually worked), but the compter required too mcuh pression to operate it. I tried to clear out some dust by getting inside....nothing.

The thing was definetely bent or somthing....it would cost way too high to repair and the computer having aged, it's not worth it.

RIP @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 's PC 2011 - 2015.

might be 2012, but I think it was 2011.

So, if you really are worried about my data DO NOT!!! I successfully got the hard drive out and it works perfectly on my tower, I jsut need to buy some sata cables and splitters.

But for now, the only computer I own is the tower....which has a really outdated cpu and gpu. only 2.5 GB of ram (might add more....not sure). I can at least browse internet, but I can't run dolphin. Though, I still have my college pc which can do everything including running cheat engine + dolphin smooth enough....but I must hand it back on summer therefore, I only own it temporarilly.

Meaning I have time....but this is going to be hard, I must get a new functionnal computer.

This might just be a machine, but it was a marking one and will still be a memorable event to own it.

Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom