• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Do some math
Total # of Mii Hats
+ Total # of Mii Outfits
+ Total # of Custom Moves
+ (Total # of different types of equipment for every character x the bonus effects)
= X

You have a 1/X Chance of getting the last hat.
:4pacman:
You don't say?

Though, when you play as a certain character, the chances of getting a special move for that character is bigger, likewise for Mii Fighters and hats/outfits.

I've gotten 6 of the 7 missing hats I had by playing Smash Run as a Mii Fighter just yesterday and today.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You don't say?

Though, when you play as a certain character, the chances of getting a special move for that character is bigger, likewise for Mii Fighters and hats/outfits.

I've gotten 6 of the 7 missing hats I had by playing Smash Run as a Mii Fighter just yesterday and today.
Here's another tip; Have everyone be the same character you're trying to get moves/outfits for
It increases the chance a bit more since SR draws bonuses from all participating fighters
So just set all the CPUs to Mii and you should be good! :4pacman:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Here's another tip; Have everyone be the same character you're trying to get moves/outfits for
It increases the chance a bit more since SR draws bonuses from all participating fighters
So just set all the CPUs to Mii and you should be good! :4pacman:
Ah, I see. Interesting idea.

I did a lot of Smash Runs and always had a hard time getting hats, but playing as Miis does raise the chances. Same for special moves and other characters.

Playing as Palutena does seem to make everything equally likely, except for maybe equipment she can use.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I hate that Smash Run isn't a thing in Smash Wii U. Instead, we get a Mario Party-esque Smash Tour. Honestly, when it comes to unlocking moves and outfits, one is better off doing Crazy Orders, I'd say.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Were you doing the stream on Twitch? Just wondering.
yeah, all on twitch.

And if anyone interested, my glitch hunting will also be streamed.

But if you ever want to help....this is complicated. Not because of chat delays, but because I use a program that you may have heard of, cheat engine.

See, the dophin emulator doesn't have a built in RAM edit/watch feature and such is not planned in the future. However, cheat engine is a ram editor/watch that is very advanced. It's name is only because you can make cheats in game, but the truth is it's like an action replay, but you don't have codes, you just changes addresses value which is roughly what action replay do, but you have full control over them.

And it's complicated to explain how it works. Like, say I found the x, y and z coordiante of my position, I can edit them to warp at any possible position in the map.

This is usefull when you try to see if a cutscene trigger is skipable.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Speaking of MMD, Roy finally got a new model that's based on his PM self... It's a glorious day for Roy mains!

Model looks pretty good actually. Expect tons of new Roy vids to be made soon. :p
>MMD

No thanks.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I hate that Smash Run isn't a thing in Smash Wii U. Instead, we get a Mario Party-esque Smash Tour. Honestly, when it comes to unlocking moves and outfits, one is better off doing Crazy Orders, I'd say.
I only use smash tour to get coins and crazy orders passes I don't see it useful beyond that, it's not really that fun with just two people but I hear it's more fun with four people that know how to play.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I only use smash tour to get coins and crazy orders passes I don't see it useful beyond that, it's not really that fun with just two people but I hear it's more fun with four people that know how to play.
It is more fun with more people (I would know), but that's not saying too much. Honestly, if I wanted to play a game like that, I'd rather pick up one of the Mario Party games.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't think I've ever enjoyed a FG as much as the one I just played.

Me :4littlemac: vs. :4falcon: Someone Else

I two-stocked him. I Slip Counter'd a Falcon Punch and finished the match with a KO uppercut.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No clue why Umbrella. I looked at the image source and apparently it was because some parts of her fandom misunderstood a joke the creator said when he claimed she'd be Smash DLC. *shrug*

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
God TPP is getting ****ing nowhere and its pissing me off
It is more fun with more people (I would know), but that's not saying too much. Honestly, if I wanted to play a game like that, I'd rather pick up one of the Mario Party games.
Is that icon even safe?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Hey, Alpaca. How are you feeling?
Good, I just got the funeral info so I have to see if I can even go because of class. But I am felling alright today, thanks for asking~
Mind if I ask why? :p

:231:
Maybe he doesn't see him fitting since, you know, Geno isnt NINTENDOS ip, its Squares and lord knows if they even want to be associated with Smash

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Kind of a shame that KIU doesn't have the option to switch to Japanese language and voices because it's difficult to find playthroughs of that game in Japanese and the few I have found have commentary on top of the voice acting, which ruins my intentions.

Dark Pit's down taunt in Smash is an allusion to the "Pre-Boss Battle Rallying Cry" he and Pit do at one point in the game. He says "死にたい奴は前に出る。" in the Japanese version. ("Anyone with a death wish, come forward!", officially translated as "Anyone who wants to die, step right up!"). Seems the Smash translators missed that detail since he just says "Game on!" in the English version.

They also messed up in some of Lucina's quotes, making her sound out-of-character in those (though the trailer did capture her and Robin's personalities quite faithfully). Literally, the translations are well done, but the tone of voice was overlooked, so the connotation changes.

When playing Bravely Default and noted the game had the option to put both text and voices in Japanese, I started wishing more Japanese games had such an option in the localized versions. It would help me learn the language a lot for sure, since that was the exact same method I used to learn English (along with classes, of course, but I do plan doing a Japanese course later this year).

I might be doing a Bravely Default walkthrough entirely in Japanese (text and voices) when I get more used to the language.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not even owned by Nintendo? Because as we all know, every character in Smash is owned by Nintendo. No third parties anywhere...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think Geno's design is cool and original like most other Mario RPG characters. While I'm not too attached to him, I do wish he was retained by Nintendo.

:231:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"Hasn't appeared in a game in over ten years."
Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt Dog say "Hi!".
Edit: And while we're at it, let's throw in Ness and Captain Falcon. Nope, they're finished too.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
"Hasn't appeared in a game in over ten years."
Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt Dog say "Hi!".
Not even owned by Nintendo? Because as we all know, every character in Smash is owned by Nintendo. No third parties anywhere...
Does Square even have ANY friendly interaction with Nintendo? They rarely make games with them Unlike Sega and capcom

Most Square games I see are on Playstation. Where as Nintendo has Megaman and Sonic games. Just examples
My bad, Taiko is Namco

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Does Square even have ANY friendly interaction with Nintendo? They rarely make games with them Unlike Sega and capcom
Yes. Also I'm pretty sure they make more games for them than Sega now. Sega went to just Sonic for Nintendo. Square Enix has supported the 3DS a little with KH Triple D, Theatrythm, and the Bravely series.

Oh, yeah and in Japan, Nintendo's Wii and now Wii U are the lead platforms for the MMO Dragon Quest X. Also on PC, and streaming to smartphones and believe it or not 3DS.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Most Square games I see are on Playstation.
But that's not the point I'm trying to get. Legal issues I can understand, not having a game in a while, and not being owned by Nintendo (though I'll admit this is a gray area) on the other hand I can't.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
But that's not the point I'm trying to get. Legal issues I can understand, not having a game in a while, and not being owned by Nintendo (though I'll admit this is a gray area) on the other hand I can't.
But you cant ignore the fact that one company might not even like that other.
UBISOFT

R0Y

Smash Master
But you cant ignore the fact that one company might not even like that other.
UBISOFT
Ubisoft supported Nintendo like hell through some lean years. M-rated games by them just don't sell on Nintendo platforms. Most people who are into these kinds of games have another platform, like me, that runs them better, has trophies, etc.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Ubisoft supported Nintendo like hell through some lean years. M-rated games by them just don't sell on Nintendo platforms. Most people who are into these kinds of games have another platform, like me, that runs them better, has trophies, etc.
But then what happens with Rayman that was supposed to be on the wii u then?
Who here watches Walking Dead?
My dad and my sis do

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom