• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

inb4 Social Thread 6.0: Return of The Image Spam (with based IsmaR as Boba Fett and --- as the sarlaac)
inb4 Social Thread 7.0: The Memez Awakens (Featuring Luggy as the next Jedi)
So Social Thread 6.0 is Vista.. and 7.0 is well, technically 6.1 (Windows 7), but whatever works. Microsoft logic!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I stopped playing Falco recently. I feel he's not really adapted to Smash 4. He has a hard time for everything, his perfectionnist and defensive playstyle are not good against some top and high tiers, and overall lacks of a lot of things from his past representations. I like him, but I found more fun playing Ganondorf than Falco for example. That's why I switched back to Mario, he fits better in the metagame of Smash 4 overall.
Sorry for the late reply... I just went on a SSB4 binge and my eyes are sort of glazed over. Anyway, I say that you should play whoever you want and whoever you like. Sure, if you're looking to have a good chance at competitions, pick the higher tiers, but pick someone from there who appeals to you. Regardless of tiers, I don't like Diddy at all and it's probably because of the Subspace Emissary forcing you to use him and how the stocks worked. Play as Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Lucina, Link, Zelda, Marth, Ike, Peach, Rosalina, whoever. Just play someone who you like and who just feels right with your play style.

I'm a Falco main by choice and because I like the challenge of playing as him and showing that he isn't trash despite his lack of (godplayer) zoning and an incredibly fast meteor. Ike remains a character who I'll use for match ups I'm not familiar with and I need someone who's familiar, but also powerful and Ganondorf remains the funniest character because of his ability to boot people across the stage. For other characters, Pit's the jack of all trades and I can use him whenever I want, Yoshi's Yoshi, and Luigi's Luigi. It's just a wide variety of people to play with for the sake of messing around. Here's the thing, if Wolf was ever released for DLC, I would probably secondary him alongside Ike and Ganondorf. I just love how visceral his move set is.

So, do what makes you happy and what doesn't frustrate you. I'll be damned if I say that Falco doesn't frustrate me. His air speed, Up Smash hitbox issues, Blaster end lag, and Falco Phantasm missing about half of its hitbox annoys me. There are times I feel like if I was using Ike or even Ganondorf, I would be hitting, but Falco just can't catch up to follow up much. Hell, people have started to notice his go-to combo setup of D-throw to Dash Attack doesn't even true combo with a lot of the other characters.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
That's what 3.0 was in a nutshell. Was good though.
inb4 5.0: The Rule Strikes Back. Featuring Conversation 2.0 EX

On another note this has to be the Social thread (in general)'s theme.
Would every individual user have their own theme?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Sorry for the late reply... I just went on a SSB4 binge and my eyes are sort of glazed over. Anyway, I say that you should play whoever you want and whoever you like. Sure, if you're looking to have a good chance at competitions, pick the higher tiers, but pick someone from there who appeals to you. Regardless of tiers, I don't like Diddy at all and it's probably because of the Subspace Emissary forcing you to use him and how the stocks worked. Play as Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Lucina, Link, Zelda, Marth, Ike, Peach, Rosalina, whoever. Just play someone who you like and who just feels right with you play style.

I'm a Falco main by choice and because I like the challenge of playing as him and showing that he isn't trash despite his lack of (godplayer) zoning and an incredibly fast meteor. Ike remains character who I'll use for match ups I'm not familiar with and I need someone who's familiar, but also powerful and Ganondorf remains the funniest character because of his ability to boot people across the stage. For other characters, Pit's the jack of all trades and I can use him whenever I want, Yoshi's Yoshi, and Luigi's Luigi. It's just a wide variety of people to play with for the sake of messing around. Here's the thing, if Wolf was ever released for DLC, I would probably secondary him alongside Ike and Ganondorf. I just love how visceral his move set is.

So, do what makes you happy and what doesn't frustrate you. I'll be damned if I say that Falco doesn't frustrate me. His air speed, Up Smash hitbox issues, Blaster end lag, and Falco Phantasm missing about half of its hitbox annoys me. There are times I feel like if I was using Ike or even Ganondorf, I would be hitting, but Falco just can't catch up to follow up much. Hell, people have started to notice his go-to combo setup of D-throw to Dash Attack doesn't even true combo with a lot of the other characters.
Speaking of Falco, Up throw and Up air kills with Falco are so freaking satisfying in this game.

Would every individual user have their own theme?
Yes we do.

And before you start posting stuff...

:079: :079:
Just in case :troll:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, Streamer Senpai is anwsering stuff on Reddit, Interesting talk

D

Deleted member

My theme song would be this or the latter:

It's because of based 2010. @ Space Stranger Space Stranger :troll:

Thanks @ Soul. Soul. for inspiration regarding my post.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
@Flight unfortunately, I can't make usage of the input of the devices.

Though, it works in dolphin because it does its own thing....and I guess it's better suited for receive these kind of input.

It does detect the device though.

So, I can use my wiimote in spm, but I just can't use anything outside of it.

I could try to update a bluetooth interface package, but it doesn't work due to a bug not letting me update.

Well, at least i would be able to use it if it's resolved :)

though....idk if it would work on my vm....

EDIT: that implies no TTYD on pro controller, but still yes on wiimote.

Last edited:

LZCXR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LZCXRR
HNNNG don't make me choose a jaaaaaam
meanwhile I'll stay with this:

either that or

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This was it:

And what an avatar it was. I just loved being the butt of so many jokes.
Reminds me of Mike from Monsters Inc.. with two eyes of course. lol

@Flight unfortunately, I can't make usage of the input of the devices.

Though, it works in dolphin because it does its own thing....and I guess it's better suited for receive these kind of input.

It does detect the device though.

So, I can use my wiimote in spm, but I just can't use anything outside of it.

I could try to update a bluetooth interface package, but it doesn't work due to a bug not letting me update.

Well, at least i would be able to use it if it's resolved :)

though....idk if it would work on my vm....

EDIT: that implies no TTYD on pro controller, but still yes on wiimote.
I see. TTYD with a Wii Remote? That's weird.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Reminds me of Mike from Monsters Inc.. with two eyes of course. lol

I see. TTYD with a Wii Remote? That's weird.
no you can't even if I wanted to because here's the thing.

I put wiimote OR controller pro in discovery.

I add the device, success!

I set them as input....FAILS!!!!

it fails because it needs drivers. Now, I can use other program (one allow you to control you mouse via IR sensor), but roughly for just the input, it doesn't connect.

There's a way I could have such driver by updating a package, but because of a bug, I can't do it easilly.

So, I cannot tell other program "hey, use this controller instead", it just will never work.

However, dolphin is different, it uses its own drivers.

So, playing spm with a wiimote is fine.

But if I want to use the input of the wii pro or the wiimote in TTYD II know the later is stupid), it will not work.

Understand?

`

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom