• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
But seriously, why can't Link have proper dialogue? The year is 2015.
Link's power comes from being both illiterate and mute. Courage and foolishness are just the same thing. I mean, his body has to compensate by being extremely durable and capable of any type of gadget no matter how wacky or advanced. Ravio never had the Triforce of Courage and he can talk while the Hero's Shade learned to read and talk after dying and losing the Triforce of Courage. :p

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Link has always been more or less the vessel of the player... An extension of one's self, a concept found in Shinto ideas.

Plus, if Link talked, we wouldn't have that bitterly sad last moment at the end of OoT.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Yes, please and thank you. It would be so cool if you guys could remake Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword! Oh, and also, please develop the acclaimed party game: Mario Filing His Taxes.
Don't forget the timeless classics Where is Mario?, Mario Teaches Typing, and everyone's favorite, Hotel Mario!

D

Deleted member

I got pranked. Ehh, well, that was unexpected I guess. Still, it's just a color.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
So I've just finished Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 3: Trials & Tribulations, and I have to say, wow.

While I still prefer the first game for a few reasons (namely Rise From the Ashes, and the fact that even without that extra trial the game is still longer because of three day trials), but I do think it's better than the second game despite adding in even less new mechanics. There are more twists and turns and I found the character of Godot much more interesting and humorous than Von Karma Jr.

Though, I did find the cases less varied than before especially since...

...three of the murders are committed by one person.

Also, in terms of gameplay, (I consider them puzzle games and not "visual novels", I feel they're too engaging for that) there were a lot of moments where I thought I had the wright answer only to get it wrong, and then try a slightly different piece of evidence on a different statement and get the point I was trying to make. I hoped you'd be allowed more leeway, and that they'd ironed it out by the third instalment, but no.

I think I'll give the Ace Attorney series a rest for now, but I might pick up Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, (whenever I get around to finishing Okamiden, :c ) I've heard a lot about it from these here boards.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I feel another Prankocalypse on the horizon ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dude, I put in that prank well over a month ago and they FINALLY put it through. My 2nd victim already was voted on by someone else though. That made me sad
So, you vote for victims?
I bet that Premium boards also do gambling

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Now I feel superior for having a normal username colo-

Wait a sec....

༼ ಠل͟ಠ༽.... ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
everyone knows Apollo Justice is the best AA game :troll:
I really don't get why people hate that game (no spoilerz plz). Something to do with Phoenix being a (sans thick-rimmed glasses) hipster or something...

Also- prank me... Please... It hurts too much to stay alive...

Last edited:

Waddler-D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waddler-D
So I've just finished Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 3: Trials & Tribulations, and I have to say, wow,

While I still prefer the first game for a few reasons (namely Rise From the Ashes, and the fact that even without that extra trial the game is still longer because of three day trials), but I do think it's better than the second game despite adding in even less new mechanics. There are more twists and turns and I found the character of Godot much more interesting and humorous than Von Karma Jr.

Though, I did find the cases less varied than before especially since...

...three of the murders are committed by one person.

Also, in terms of gameplay, (I consider them puzzle games and not "visual novels", I feel they're too engaging for that) there were a lot of moments where I thought I had the wright answer only to get it wrong, and then try a slightly different piece of evidence on a different statement and get the point I was trying to make. I hoped you'd be allowed more leeway, and that they'd ironed it out by the third instalment, but no.

I think I'll give the Ace Attorney series a rest for now, but I might pick up Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, (whenever I get around to finishing Okamiden, :c ) I've heard a lot about it from these here boards.
Welcome to Phoenix Wright, it definitely seems that you've gotten a good understanding of the trilogy if you're coming up with those opinions. But I'm definitely glad you enjoyed them and your avatar certainly stirred a nice chuckle out of me! If there's anything that can be said about the games, it's certainly good to hone in on the cases themselves more than the games. While the second game is clearly the weakest of the three, it easily has one of the best cases in the series that a lot of people believe that it redeemed all the iffy things the second game did for the fan base. I am kind of split on the first and the third being the better of the three games, because each of them have really strong points about them. I think the third game ties itself better than the first, but the first game has a REALLY great ambiance to it that makes it quite memorable (Also Edgeworth gets the most screen time in that game, hard to hate that at all).

In the end, it's probably best to stick with the first being the best because the third wouldn't be as good without that background information. But definitely the fun set of games!

Now... I'm considering that a lot of you had experienced the joys and frustrations of the New 3DS XL... Did any of you guys have any problems with the system data transfer? I haven't PLAYED a game on my New 3DS XL yet because of the fact that only two out of the many games on my old 3DS' SD card carried over to the New 3DS XL and I've been just baffled as to how to resolve the situation. So... even with some new games in tow for the system, I'm like... "Uhhh... I want my save data please..."

Soul.

I really don't get why people hate that game (no spoilerz plz). Something to do with Phoenix being a (sans thick-rimmed glasses) hipster or something...
It's fine. Never played an AA game so yeah. I can't spoil anything.
It could be that. I dunno. The music though, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom