• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Morbid's right...you don't make a good officer. You didn't even read me my Miranda Rights. :p

And to think, not only that, but now you're saying I'm not a criminal to begin with. :D
I'm not an officer. I'm your father.
And I want to know what you did son.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I was wondering about that, I read "The Fat Controller" and figured it was some obscure Spider-Man villain.
The Fat Controller is Topham Hatt's name outside of the US and Japan.

Fine, okay? I confess. :urg:

...I edited Bidoof's post a few times.
Report'd for trolling and abusing mod powers.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Sudden flashbacks of watching Thomas everyday on Discovery Kids

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sadly I'm afraid I cannot be brought to justice, being the monster I am. I am unable to infract myself.

:D

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I wanted to apply to the Back Room, but then I realized that my bad jokes aren't bad enough...

Illuminati

Smash Cadet
NNID
Classified
Do you people see what happens when you give the wrong people power?

This is why we should be the only world power.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The Fat Controller sounds like the name of a villain.

It also sounds like a nickname for Gabe Newell.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Sadly I'm afraid I cannot be brought to justice, being the monster I am. I am unable to infract myself.

:D
At least warns you....

I know you can because I mod (and own) a group and as silly as it sounds....it allows to warn myself (however, I don't even think the function actually works so....lol?).

Why don't you try it?

However, who is going to send the pm?

Will it crash smashboards if you send yourself a pm?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just hit my head with a door by accident; not only became beautiful like Squidward, but also I'll apply to the BR

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh, so that's your game, is it? Editing our posts to contain such nonsense?
Actually, our game is called, "Super Smash Bros.(64, Melee, Brawl, 3DS, Wii U)"
You should try it sometime.
Might make you happy.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
While looking at pictures of The Fat Controller on Google Images (note to self: schedule meeting with psychiatrist) when I found this fan-theory, claiming that Thomas the Tank Engine takes place in a totalitarian dystopia.

Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends, a story about sentient trains learning about responsibility, friendship and all that noise, might possibly be the most sickeningly wholesome children's show in existence. With that in mind, it'd take some pretty massive balls to accuse said show of, say, promoting totalitarianism, fascism and racism.

Shauna Wilton, a professor of political sciences at the University of Alberta, has just such balls. She argues that the world of Thomas the Tank Engine is in reality a fascist, racist hellhole where dreams go to die and where only "useful" elements are allowed to continue to toil away in pointless misery.

Or maybe ... maybe someone switched Wilton's Thomas DVDs with Schindler's List.

Why It's Not That Crazy:

Here's a totally hypothetical question: What if one of the trains on the show decided that he wanted to do something else with his life, like travel or star on Snakes on a Train 2: Snake Harder? He'd probably get yelled at and told to get back to work.

You see, on the island of Sodor where the show takes place, there is only room for really useful engines. That's not only the show's catch phrase, but also the basic summary of every episode in the series. That is, the engines are either trying to prove themselves or worrying that they aren't working hard enough (see "James and the Coaches," "Thomas, Percy and the Post Train," "Tender Engines" and many more).

This totalitarian obsession with usefulness is instilled in the engines by the iron fist of Sir Topham Hatt, aka the Fat Controller, who swiftly punishes all those deemed as "useless."

In the episode "Break Van," Hatt has two twin engines, Donald and Douglas, compete against each other to determine which one he will send back to Scotland to be destroyed. In "The Sad Story of Henry," when an engine refuses to go out of the tunnel because of the rain, Hatt actually gives orders to brick him alive in the tunnel.

You can't really defend any of this by saying that the trains are Hatt's property. They are obviously sentient beings capable of emotions ... one of which unfortunately happens to be racism. In the show, there is a clear feud going on between the steam engines like Thomas and Percy and the diesel engines, who are depicted as stubborn, lazy and shifty.

In the episode "Daisy," a diesel named Daisy arrives on Sodor and flat out refuses to do chores. In "The Diseasel," a diesel called BoCo is accused of stealing trucks. In "Thomas's Day Off," a new, lazy diesel, Dennis, tricks Thomas into doing his work. Even the closest thing the show has to a villain is a diesel ****ing named DIESEL.

But maybe there is some perfectly reasonable, nonracist explanation for why the trains that run on clean white steam dislike the trains powered by dirty, black diesel oil. So, if you can think of one, please tell us, because we're just dying to hear it.

Soul.

Now that Smash 3DS replays can be sent I wonder if seeing the projectile spam on my 3DS will be a good idea.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Can you be sure that it was not you who was the weird kid? Perhaps he seemed relatively weird given the notion that your empirical observations were taken through the perspective of a weird kid and since he was different, you evaluated him as "weird."
He would always say he wasn't really there during role calls, built monuments to unity with the toy blocks, and when asked what he wanted to be when he grew up, he'd always say that he wanted to be the one to execute Agenda 21.

Meanwhile, I was running the scented permanent marker ring. Talk about a one world order of difference.

Morbi

Scavenger
He would always say he wasn't really there during role calls, built monuments to unity with the toy blocks, and when asked what he wanted to be when he grew up, he'd always say that he wanted to be the one to execute Agenda 21.

Meanwhile, I was running the scented permanent marker ring. Talk about a one world order of difference.
You would poison your own people with scented permanent markers? Monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom