• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Smash Trip

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Hey, so I'm thinking about planning a mini-roadtrip down to Socal for like a weekend to play some SoCal players this summer. My car can fit 5 people total, although I would suggest only 4 because the backseat isn't that big :p. Would any NorCal players be down for a smash roadtrip to SoCal?

Edit 1: Location depends on where the majority of SoCal smash 64 players are located.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
im pretty much down any weekend this summer.

as far as location goes, i dont know yet. we first need to find players that are down to play and then we can figure out the location. i guess we can use this thread as a call-out to any socal player that would like to mm some good norcal players :laugh:

srbsburrito

Smash Apprentice
come to santa barbara. i can set up a 10 person smashfeast. most play for fun and are bad but there is like 3 really good players and me so...

mother_brain

Smash Rookie
i'm fine with going to santa barbara. you wanna host it srbsburrito? we can all pm you our phone numbers or something.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
santa barbara huh? hmm, i think this might be our place.

hey blonde and srbsburrito, are u guys gonna be in town in July? I'm thinking about going down there in July, preferably the first half of the month.

and i dont really care about the number of people, im more concerned about skill level. as long as theres some good players (level 5B and up), im down

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
santa barbara huh? hmm, i think this might be our place.

hey blonde and srbsburrito, are u guys gonna be in town in July? I'm thinking about going down there in July, preferably the first half of the month.

and i dont really care about the number of people, im more concerned about skill level. as long as theres some good players (level 5B and up), im down
If Benito and Evan (Srbs and blonde) are down to play you guys, you know we'll be up there as well being that Christos lives up there, so that'll be including me, francis (Rufiooo) Gannon and Nick and maybe even Ross if he's down. Plus your 5 friends, if you can get em, that'll be 13 people plus anyone else. We can do it at his place downstairs in the study room, like the last tournament there (Melee/64 tourney). He may accommodate you, but thats not for sure being that he has no clue about this yet lol.

And if you wanna travel further down south, i'll be back there (Burbank) along with Francis and Gannon so we can get some more rounds in.

Just give us a date and we'll try planning it (except for July 15-18). Anytime in June would work

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Alright, how about July 9th-11th? Any of those days would work for me.

Also, are there any objections to having a $10 buy-in into the tourney? Having a $10 buy-in would make it a little more interesting for the winner :p

And then my next question is, would someone be willing to house me for these dates? I'd be down to throw down some cash. By the looks of it, it doesn't sound like anyone else from norcal wants to come with :(

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
Im down for those dates man. ill check with the others, it sounds likely. really try getting your friends come

srbsburrito

Smash Apprentice
im down whenever next month. our best option is to ppitch on a hotel room. some where cheap tho Sb is pricey. ill have a whole set up to thro in the mix as well. but concering the buyin it should be 12 dollars.
i got game.

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
Why 12 bucks? Why not just keep it set at $10? Heck even $5 would be fine being that it's just gonna be us. Or do you want this to be a big tourney? IF thats the case are we doing teams? Someones gotta do a bracket. So far I counted like 13 or 14 people coming (assuming Darth brings up to 3 or 4 more heads).

But for the most part, if this is a set thing, maybe make another thread. I'm so down for this. Lets just set a date, time, and we're set

Note: Chris just confirmed that we can throw the tourney downstairs in the study room. If someone can bring a few tvs, obviously, we'll set up stations. ALSO, they MAY not have room mates this summer, so he may have more space for anyone who needs to sleep over

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
I'm down and one of my homies is down for sure. So 2 players so far on my end. 3 are pending.

And I agree with the date and place. Maybe have this in the afternoon since I have to drive down the day off.

And we should keep the buy-in at $10. If u want more cash people can mm.

Ill go ahead and make a thread in the competitive section if someone else can help me out with setting up a bracket. We can have teams if there is enough players and interest.

And I can bring a set up, but no TV :(

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
Aight then we'll be heading up the 18th. If no one shows, then I suppose we'll just get some games in ourselves then get drunk lol

malva00

Smash Master
I'll go if we come back by the night of Sunday, June 20th.

If it's somehow this weekend I can come back on Monday if it is needed.

Oh yeah and hopefully there are no laggy TVs

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
I'll go if we come back by the night of Sunday, June 20th.

If it's somehow this weekend I can come back on Monday if it is needed.

Oh yeah and hopefully there are no laggy TVs
Ah, there you are.
If we are lacking tv's then i'll bring mine. Its just a regular ol tv. Feel free to bring a tv if you can, just for back up in case we are short........and pomegranate juice :dizzy:

Keep in mind, June 18th. If people crash somewhere in SB for the weekend then it would be good, that way it can be on the 19th as well if not the 18th. But initially the 18th

Top Bottom