• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*~*~*SoCal Low-Tier Tournament*~*~* RESULTS!!

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Hey! Tell me what you guys liked and didn't like about this tournament. Feedbakc, whether negative or positive, is helpful in making future tournaments better.

What I liked:

Counter-picking with EITHER character or stage but not both.
DK64 seemed like a decent stage to play on.
Several placings winning money.
Pause OFF
Rules very clear

What I didn't like:

Corneria
Too small choice of stage selection
Luigi and Link

Nashun

Smash Ace
If Thomas doesn't host another one of these, then I will. My sincerest apologies for not being able to show up, but I really did plan on/want to go. I'm not going to toss out any johns, but if Thomas really doesn't want to host any of these, I'll pay for his admission, entree fee(s), AND food for the next Low-Tier tourney in SoCal whether I host it or not.

Arash

Smash Lord
the only thing i didn't like was 7 stage selection, since 2 are banned and in a set of 5 it won't matter who has the counter-pick advantage in the end, you're forced to go to stage 7...

but other than that, it was perfection in a bottle

Dodger

Smash Ace
Low Tier tournies are awesome. Thanks for holding it Thomas, I do hope you decide to do it again, but I'll understand if you don't want to. Just a few shoutouts:

Neal: Marshmallow Snowcone FTW! Seriously, we had one victory in Losers Bracket and we got 4th. Toooooo good. LOL. Thanks for partnering with me again!

Ultra Luigi: You finally got some Kirby practice ;-). I always enjoy playing you because Luigi's are so weird to play. Congrats on second man. Ttaking a set vs. Ken (even from his G&W) is NOT easy.

Thomas: Thanks again for running the tourney. I have to be especially dodgey around zelda 'cause of that **** FOOT! =)

Arash: Koopacalypse. GAH. I remember a long time ago I beat Koopacalypse in a tourney match (not the set of course) on FoD. (Which was banned now that I think about it. Why was that?) But now I can't seem to do anything to the Koopa King. Oh well. Maybe someday.

Ken & Helen: It was great seeing you guys again! I haven't been able to make it to a biweekly in such a long time. Congratulations on 1st Ken. That G&W is nasty. I looooove all the things you say when you play him. "Surrender! Surrender!" "Go SNAPPY!" LOL!

What I liked:
Low Tiers FTW!
DK64 on random! Heck Yeah!
Getting 5th along with my partner Nealdt!

What I didn't Like:
Playing Ken and Ultra Luigi =(
No FoD? What happened?

Everyone who didn't make it missed out!

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
I didn't include FoD because it lags in teams and then I didn't want to be switching it on and off. But I guess next time we'll include it because I think everyone knows by now the rule on FoD.

I just don't like how MLG rules are too complicated with stage selection. It's like, "This stage is on for singles but not teams and this stage is on for both but is neutral/random on teams but not random for singles, and you can ban a counter-pick but not a neutral but this stage is neutral on teams but not singles and then the next round you can ban a counter which is this stage for teams and this stage for singles." By the end, I don't think there's a single person who's up-to-date on the MLG rules because they change all the time. No one knows what's allowed and what's not anymore. I just wanted to avoid that.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
By the end, I don't think there's a single person who's up-to-date on the MLG rules because they change all the time. No one knows what's allowed and what's not anymore. I just wanted to avoid that.
Word. Is Rainbow Cruise on random for singles now? Someone told me it was. Can you ban neutrals after the first round? I don't know. Is there such a thing as counterpicking? Wtf is going on

Top Bottom