• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, Why Should You Play as Link Over Toon Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaghettiWeegee

Smash Apprentice
Why you should use Link over Toon Link:

You're a masochist, so you like losing.

If this description fits you to a T, Link just might be the character for you!
Ooh, burn...

That's a surprisingly pessimistic outlook for someone who appears not to be a Link main...:dizzy:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Link mains realize he sucks too, sorry to disappoint.

Rizen

Smash Legend
We could make an entire thread archiving 'Link sucks', spam. Links are used to it.

It's odd that alot of the Link mains say that Link sucks. But I really don't think he does :p
Link sucks in the ways tourneys view him. Link is awesome but MK and most of the cast are much better suited for 1 vs 1s.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Why you should use Link over Toon Link:

You're a masochist, so you like losing.

If this description fits you to a T, Link just might be the character for you!
Kita, you can always read my mind. I don't care too much if I lose, I just vent at myself to get better.

Link sucks in the ways tourneys view him. Link is awesome but MK and most of the cast are much better suited for 1 vs 1s.
Kinda,

MK is still godly good because his character traits are way too good, even if you put him in 2v2 or other scenarios.

Link has some redeemable qualities but in comparison with the rest of the cast he's still low tier.

But for competitive play, the main way tournaments run it at least, he's not so hot.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I never said he can't win. :mad:

Speaking in terms of tournaments, he sucks/isn't very good.
You get the point.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Because Gay is mad Toon Link. In all seriousness, it's fanboyism in most cases, just a dedication to an unsoiled character. He looked cooler than TL, and didn't cause too much nerd rage. In Melee, I picked Link because he had a sword and shield, then got better, got Brawl, continued. Then stopped for a while. :p

Rizen

Smash Legend
My Link's better than my every other character because I use him almost exclusively. I tried MK in a friendly for fun and was pathetic. I still won (barely, vs Gonon on Delfino, lol).

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Gonon sounds like a fun character to play, I should unlock him sometime.

My TL is at least 3 times better than my Link Scabe, don't worry, you're not the only one.
Of course, my TL is helpless vs a decent MK, so now I'm going Lucario.
This probably won't go over well, but lol. If I have to use MK I will instaquit Smash.

Deva

Smash Lord
lol, if this thread was open this long over in aib im sure everyone woulda had a heart attack by now.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
LOL yeah, I don't mind threads like this, it keeps some good active discussion something that this Link boards need.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Toon Link used to be my secondary (this was in my first month playing). I couldn't resist the urge to try and D-Air spike my opponents, so I quit him. I then went through a massive cycle of secondaries in an attempt to find one that I liked enough to stick with. After going through Falco, Bowser, Kirby, Captain Falcon, Luigi, and ROB, I settled on Link. I haven't dropped him since.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Hahaha, it sounds like everyone who plays Link is good at Toon Link. My TL is garbage; I'm pretty sure I stand a better chance against any other character with my Link than my TL. Maybe I'm just weird :ohwell:
I prefer Link anyway. He's just a lot of fun to play. And I'd rather be the underdog; I couldn't imagine maining MK or Snake and then be expected to win every single match. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised at winning when I shouldn't than losing when I shouldn't.

links24

Smash Ace
hm well i used to second TL with link also until for some reason TL just kept diein faster than my link would so i just dropped TL and just mained link ever since. links24/7 BABEH!!!!!!!

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Dude the Polo boots look mad. I would actually buy them. Can you give me the link to the site?

Also I like how the ugg boots are women's shoes. :p

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Dude the Polo boots look mad. I would actually buy it.

lol ik men

I actually own a pair.
And since then I just troll the hell outta people w/ Links Nair lol

and all of a sudden i could play Link. Just for his trolling polo boot'n Nair men

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I even feel like I'm link when i put them on lol lol lol lol.

and 1 of my friends has an ocarina so yeah it's legit men.

links24

Smash Ace
lol Link has on polo boots.
^hehehheh i actually have those boots last tourney i went too i had a green hoodie,green hat(sorta like the hat link wear but not as long in the back),baggy green cargo pants(not gonna wear no white stockings or watever they called:chuckle:),those boots and a really big triforce chain. when i showed up ppl went like man that guy mains link i bet.......XD

milesg2g

Smash Champion
^hehehheh i actually have those boots last tourney i went too i had a green hoodie,green hat(sorta like the hat link wear but not as long in the back),baggy green cargo pants(not gonna wear no white stockings or watever they called:chuckle:),those boots and a really big triforce chain. when i showed up ppl went like man that guy mains link i bet.......XD

lol because polo boots are ****ing sexy bro

milesg2g

Smash Champion
lol it's the funniest thing ever because.
I was @ a smashfest yesterday and there was another link main there.
So was just watching him play. and i noticed he had on polo Sneakers lmao
he didn't understand why i was laughing so hard. xD lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom