• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, why don't more people angle their F-tilt?

senorspoof

Smash Apprentice
Besides the fact that it looks uber sexy....

I've started to do this more often, and noticed it's extremely helpful against certain characters. It modifies the knockback, which can lead to some cooly on-the-fly combos. but a simple D-throw to Up angled F-tilt is a healthy amount of damage for a two hit combo, and you can easily follow it up. It hits a lot sooner than the straight f-tilt, and it keeps the opponent juggled. Also, a down F-tilt is a pretty good ledge guard...

so why no love for angled tilts?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I usually only use angled f-tilts for edgeguard. I don't use it for down throw, cause i just SHFFL a Nair after down-throw.

Sssurivad

Smash Apprentice
I always angle it, it freaks out my opponents because they don't know much about Ganon, so they do almost a mental double take and think "is that a new move?" and then that distracts them for a second. This wont work on "pro" players, obviously, but against newer players it's great.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
i only use it to ledge guard sometimes and its angled down. alittle off topic but i just want to say that i love the f-tilt more than anything.

chaddd

Smash Lord
What The Eff? Ain't You Never Seen My Moooovies?! This Is How I Talk!

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
The reason you don't see more F-tilts is because you don't watch Fats' ganon enough

I spam that like a mother Effer

hhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTO2qYxF-uE
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIYpV64O7iI

Part of a crew battle*

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
good ganons will use ftilt when the opponents off the edge,for a combo,or to get the opponent off the edge.Those are some suggestions.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
I only use it for coming out of d-throws...I mean for edgeguarding I use Dair, Down B, U-Tilt, or Warlock Punch(yeah the last 2 are rare but they happen.).

khold

Smash Apprentice
I use it to keep opponents away from me. doesn't work too well against swordsmen, but it does the job when jab isn't working.

Linguini

Smash Master
Ive been using angled f-tilts for a while now, against space animals angled down its a good option IMO also against ganon/cfal if they dont sweetspot. Angled up is great to stop other ganons and c.falcons aerial approaches.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
What The Eff? Ain't You Never Seen My Moooovies?! This Is How I Talk!
just for that quote i think you need to be president. its timeless, but i digress, i have been using angled f-tilts more and more often. they are great for edge guards and especially against people who try to sweetspot the edge

mog87

Smash Ace
great against intercepting illusions aimed for the ledge and makes gannon look like a thai boxer delivering leg kicks.

Top Bottom