• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So why are you maining Lucario?

homer2020

Smash Cadet
Besides the fact that he's pretty cool, I bumped him up to #1 on my "want to main list" in memory of my dog... Pit used to be #1. and Lucario was #2. And since a jackal is basically a dog, I've decided to main Lucario.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Ever since I got Pearl version and the Dojo, I've wanted Lucario in Brawl. He's pretty much my favorite Pokemon and he's hella awesome. I love how he looks, sounds, and fights in Brawl. He couldn't have been made any better. This character was made for me. I've been a fan of him since he was first announced in the Pokemon games.

Lucario has that "I prefer to be alone" personality, which is like me. I feel connected to him, in a sense.

All of these factors contribute to me wanting to main him.

Cinder

Smash Master
My reason? It's freakin' Lucario XD...my first post on this site was to answer a question about who we wanted in the game...my answer..."Personally, I'd like to see Lucario..."

OMG, I remembered that @_@...

Anyway...I've supported Lucario from day one, and though my support waivered a bit, I never thought that Lucario didn't deserve the spot...I got into many a flamewar with morons who thought Lucario wasn't gonna make it...and I won :grin:...

IT'S FREAKIN' LUCARIO!!!

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
Becuz Lucario is one of the coolest Pokemon eva! Plus, his damagw multiplier is frickin sweet!

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Ever since hearing about Lucario and actually owning one in Pokemon Diamond, I have wanted him in Brawl badly. The minute I used Aura Sphere the first time I just knew it would be his B move, and that he had a potential for a killer moveset. And, as Cinder so eloquently stated...

IT'S FRIGGIN' LUCARIO!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Lucario probably won't be my main character, but he definatley has a chance of becoming one of my secondaries because he reminds me of Mewtwo. :grin:

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
He's awesome, i'll also try my hand at PKMN trainer just because they're different from other pokemon (that's why I mained mewtwo)

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Like most people, I liked Lucario before Smash Bros. Brawl, with Diamond/Pearl, and his movie.

He's in my Diamon team also. He's just one of my favorite pokemon of all time, really.

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
Lucario and I connect in a way. He fits my I like to be alone personality. Plus I find the increased damage idea that he has to be an interesting and new idea for the game.

Plus he looks sooo cool!!!

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Yeah Lucario movie was pretty cool. Probably the only good one they ever made.

I main him because he has a good move set that can seem to chain together moves fairly well.

CrazyShaman

Smash Apprentice
He's just awesome. Never played diamond/pearl, or saw the movie, but the moment I saw him fighting, I just knew he was awesome.

Fast and Furious

Smash Rookie
He's quick... he's fast... he's Lucario for God's sake! You can't beat extreme speed, and his aura sphere is pwnage. And most of all, he owns the dmg multiplier factor. He'll be one hell of a character.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
1. Pokemon is my main franchise, and it owns everything else.
2. Lucario is actually my favorite pokemon.
3. Since Sonic was confirmed to brawl, i have always wanted Lucario, to see my dream of a battle between Lucario & Sonic(believe it or not, i dreamt it)
4. And he is still my favorite everything.

And FYI, i have never seen the movie.

And the person above = Failure

SSBBKingster

Smash Apprentice
Lucario reminds me of my bro bill, also he is like mewtwo, but better. Thats why im maining him, but when i get the game, ill first main Kirby.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Lucario replaced Mewtwo, my Melee main.
Watching initial footage of him, I knew he was a much more competent character than Mewtwo was.
So yea, thats why.
No silly Lucario fanboy reasons, sorry ;o.
-DD

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
I'm a potential Lucario main, he's one of my main choices. I like Lucario for several reasons.

- Since Mewtwo's bye bye, he's the closest alternate in my opinion.
- His aura techniques are pretty awesome, again, reminiscent of Mewtwo's shadow techniques.
- His aura effects are sexy.
- He moves quite differently than most characters that I've seen. Unique in his own way.
- Lucario is a freaking badass. Anyone who has watched a good Lucario player knows that.

dpsTANK

Smash Rookie
He has the best speed/power balance for my style of play

His aura abilities also make him a tad more unpredictable as well as more dangerous at high damage (duh)

O yea....he's just friggin awesome >_<

NekoOtoko

Smash Rookie
1: He's the only pokemon that wears pants. I mean, come on. He has pants.
2: He's a good aerial fighter, and my Jiggly got nerfed D=
3: PANTS.
4: Is he feline or lupine? Or both?
5: My playstyle is very endgame-y, so he'll fit me well.
6: Aura effects are sexy.

SgtWikez

Smash Journeyman
I was never a big fan of Pikachu or Jiggs in the 64 version. When I unlocked Mewtwo, I knew that it would be the character for me in Melee as an alternative to the two mentioned above (there's Pichu too but yeah...). Lucario not only has a great move set, but seems like a perfect transition for someone who played Mewtwo in Melee and enjoys a great power, speed, and combo potential.

c0nker

Smash Apprentice
I main him because of his great comboes, deceptive range, speed, and increasing power as his percentage rises. his down aerial is massively useful, as well.

and he has a raccoon themed alternate color :U as if being blue by default wasn't awesome enough XD

Daysoo

Smash Ace
He has a nice feel to him. (Reminds me of Samus, somewhat.)
He's a Pokemon.
Lives for a ****ed long time with proper DI.
Gets ****-sauce last stock syndrome when coupled with the above reason.
Has a nice projectile.
Tricksy recovery.
DAIR of death.
Sexy combos.
DAIR of death.
Being able to grab **** is ****ing awesome.

Oh, and he's broke-****. :p

Top Bottom