• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So why are you maining Lucario?

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Heheh. Pants.

I saw Lucario back before D/P even came out in America, and I said "Holy s**t he's AWESOME! I want that in a fighting game!"

And here I am.
A few years back, when there was a discussion of who else would make good Pokemon fighters for Brawl, the first two that came to mind were Lucario and Deoxys for the simple fact that they're both anthromorphic and are both featured in movies. What do you know, they both made it into the game. It would have been nice if Deoxys were playable too but oh well. It's just that amazing 'wow I so called it'.

Rabit

Smash Rookie
Lucario replaced Mewtwo, my Melee main.
Watching initial footage of him, I knew he was a much more competent character than Mewtwo was.
So yea, thats why.
No silly Lucario fanboy reasons, sorry ;o.
-DD
Couldn't have said it better myself. ^.^

Spree

Smash Rookie
Lucs has replaced Mewtwo as my main as well, but honestly I thought I would be maining Sonic. I absolutely fangirled it up when Sonic was announced, mostly because my friends kept telling me he would never be in a Smash. When Lucario was announced I barely blinked, but I did think "Oh, I guess Mewtwo's not coming back."

My mind wasn't really made up until this week, after I reserved the game and watched some good fights. Honestly, I'm maining Lucario because he is so mind-numbingly graceful. You can tell he's based off martial arts and he does it well. When I watched Lucario fight, and then watched Sonic, I was terribly disappointed with the blue blur. Spindash, and some kicks and a neat up-b . . . huh. No thanks, give me the sexy kung-fu jackal with dreds. Also AURA!

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
because i'm forming an anti-top tier triangle of characters. olimar is my main, but MK gimps him, and since MK has crappy KO power, lucario can tear him a new *** with his damage buff and counter.

third will probably be diddy because i love his nanners. he also destroys slow/large characters.

Remian

Smash Rookie
He's been a favorite Pokemon of mine...so him being in Brawl was a dream come true.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
My friend is maining Lucario because he has a knack for surviving a long time.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
1: He's the only pokemon that wears pants. I mean, come on. He has pants.
2: He's a good aerial fighter, and my Jiggly got nerfed D=
3: PANTS.
4: Is he feline or lupine? Or both?
5: My playstyle is very endgame-y, so he'll fit me well.
6: Aura effects are sexy.
Wait! Those are pants? 0_o I always thought they were his natural thighs. Or do you mean they're kind of like furry natural pants?

Like I said in another thread, he's one of the few newcomers that I supported who actually made the cut. His Aura abilities are nothing short of awesome and he looks like the kind of character that I would have fun learning to master.

That and I really, REALLY love the color blue.

Nacht004

Smash Rookie
I am highly pro-Lucario ever since I saw his debut movie, and loved the games he was in. I'm also in general a very canine-oriented person (I love dogs, wolves, coyotes, etc.), and so for him to be in the game was a natural progression for me. I also am maining Wolf for similar reasons, and Pikachu (Pikachu because he was my Melee main despite his low tier status)

asam28

Smash Rookie
A) damage multiplier= awesome
B) down air stall= awesome
C) recovery=....good like every other character

spot dodging ftw

Glix

Smash Cadet
Lucario is awesome! I had no plans to use him, I didn't like Mewtwo, but he's totally different!

I LOVE using him, and he's very close to taking out Mario as my no 1 fighter.

His down-tilt in the air is so amazing... Chun-Li anyone?

_Li_

Smash Rookie
To be honest, the reason why I chose Lucario is just because the first time I play each Smash Brothers game I put my icon outside of the boxes and allow it to random a character. The first 4 characters are my mains. Lucario was the first one it put me as playing.

In a way I like that it picked Lucario, mainly because it pays homage to Mewtwo in the last one. Besides, he looks great in motion and thats another thing I worry about in a character. Style points.

The other 3 characters they landed on were Wolf - Zelda/Shiek - Marth. Kinda dissapointed that half of them were old fighters, but what can ya do?

NekoOtoko

Smash Rookie
Significantly less ridiculous reasons:

He's a great aerial man, and my main in Melee was Jigglypuff.
He's a martial artist, and his general style seems to be similar to mine.
Finally, his movie was very good (albeit sad)

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Because one of the things I was best at in Melee was to DI to live forever. If people can't kill me, my damage multiplier will go up. :)

agentwaffle

Smash Rookie
Technically Im not maining him, yet (only get to play on weekends) But I'll probably main him starting Saturday. His moves look awesome, I like him in pokemon, His Aura ability is cool, etc.

GoodNess

Smash Cadet
I tried a lot of other characters but I settled on Lucario as my main for a few reasons:

1. (and mostly) Is his aura that continuously makes him more effective as his damage percentile goes up. This is amazing because in all of my semi-casual 1 on 1 matches if I can KO my opponent initially I suddenly have this headstart on KO-ing them again, thanks to the high damage. In this way it's the same as though they start out with higher damage when they spawn.

2. He seems to have a lot of options. From his chain >b grabs to his downb double team counter (works so well when his aura is pumped) to his strong projectile and his deceptive hitbox trickiness because of his blue fire, he has many ways to rack up damage and create knockouts. This flexibility is great for me because I have to always switch up my game to keep people guessing and my moves don't grow stale (a big factor for KO-ing in Brawl).

3. He looks rad.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
i'm maining lucario for the following reasons
-extreme range on his attacks
-dishes more damage as he takes more
-has all of the little features for characters (wall jump,wall cling,crawl)
-resembles mewtwo whom which was my secondary in melee
-is nimble, i can't stand laggy slow characters
-comes from my second favorite series in brawl (pokemon)
-his down taunt resembles the original taunt for link in the 64 and link was my main for the 64 version and melee
-always wins in sudden death cuz of his stronger when more damaged attribute and his counter

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
After seeing the movie, I took a large interest in the character for some reason and even saw why he should be in Brawl.

And my god, I got my wish, and he's a good character too, rejoice.

shadowfox2769

Smash Rookie
mainly because he is a sweet pokemon
i was goin to main pit then marth then lucario but i tried him as soon as i unlocked and bumped him up to #1

ps
double team (counter) FTW

Top Bottom