• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS So... Who's still gonna be online on 3ds November 21?

Leyo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Leyolith
3DS FC
3136-6661-4301
Hard to say. I'd definitely prefer playing the Wii U version for sure but I can see myself playing the 3DS version on Nov 21st as well.

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
The Wii U still uses motion control if that's what you mean. Smash Bros. doesn't use it though, just like it didn't on the Wii.

Both versions have the same characters.
That's good never liked motion controls they don't sound as forced on you for Wii U, the gamepad does seem interesting maybe i'll buy one down the line if I don't like PS$ games. Shadow of Mordor is a real gamble now since I never been also AAA titles.

MightyTro

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0731-4767-9238
I think what helps, is the fact that the 3DS will work as a controller with the WiiU version, so even when the new 3ds comes out, I could see people using 3ds controls as they get used to them.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
*facepalm* Dude... Like I've said before. The graphics, the size of the screen, the controller, and the more content. Just ONE of these makes the Wii U version obviously superior. There's no debate in that. So whatever the modes actually are doesn't matter because the game is still the same core game. And thus the above points (except content) shows that it's better on Wii U. AND people are very much not liking Smash Run...
You are aware that not everyone cares about graphics and a gamecube controller, right?

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
You are aware that not everyone cares about graphics and a gamecube controller, right?
Then they care about the other stuff. And not just Gamecube controller, a proper controller. My hands hurts so much after playing so much Smash on 3DS.

Soul.

Yes, I'm still going to play the 3DS version. I'm not even interested on the Wii U.

Bladeyer

Smash Rookie
I think i'll stick to playing the wii U version (gc controller OP), but the 3ds mobility is awesome for playing outside house. I think there'll still be a lot of ppl playing on 3ds tho.

TurboPikachu

Wall of Pain
NNID
HyperChu
3DS FC
3394-3547-7986
Then they care about the other stuff. And not just Gamecube controller, a proper controller. My hands hurts so much after playing so much Smash on 3DS.
Yeah... About that..... Super comfortable option if you switch to 2DS for Super Smash Bros.

But yeah, even then, I do still prefer the GameCube controller as well. It's the ideal game controller for life ♥
When the Wii U version comes out, it'll be my primary Smash experience, and it'll definitely have a serious competitive scene, unlike the 3DS version. The ultimate problem with any potential competitive scene for the 3DS is that if there's ever a serious tournament for it, any comfort grips (like mine pictured above) will likely be prohibited, and any 3DS/XL/2DS/New3DS/NewXL participating will have to be in standard form.

The way I see it, the Wii U version is the serious version I'll be entering tournaments in, while I'll always continue to play the 3DS version in any situations in which I'm away from my Wii U. XD

Last edited:

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Yeah... About that..... Super comfortable option if you switch to 2DS for Super Smash Bros.

But yeah, even then, I do still prefer the GameCube controller as well. It's the ideal game controller for life ♥
When the Wii U version comes out, it'll be my primary Smash experience, and it'll definitely have a serious competitive scene, unlike the 3DS version. The ultimate problem with any potential competitive scene for the 3DS is that if there's ever a serious tournament for it, any comfort grips (like mine pictured above) will likely be prohibited, and any 3DS/XL/2DS/New3DS/NewXL participating will have to be in standard form.

The way I see it, the Wii U version is the serious version I'll be entering tournaments in, while I'll always continue to play the 3DS version in any situations in which I'm away from my Wii U. XD
The 2DS is comfortable with or without the comfort grips. I could play 24 hours on a normal 2DS and my hands still wouldn't be cramped.

TurboPikachu

Wall of Pain
NNID
HyperChu
3DS FC
3394-3547-7986
The 2DS is comfortable with or without the comfort grips. I could play 24 hours on a normal 2DS and my hands still wouldn't be cramped.
My hands never got cramped on the 2DS with Mario Kart 7 where I'd get serious cramps on my old 3DS XL, and my older original 3DS, but the Smash demo gave me extreme cramps on the 3DS/XL (after a mere 30 minutes), and was enough for me to get some light cramps after greatly extended play even on the 2DS (4 hours or more) due to how rough I handle a controller in smash. XD

With GameStop's PDP 2DS trigger grips, I never get cramps. It's like using a Wii U Gamepad. ^-^

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
i can think of 0 reasons to not trade in 3ds smash the day the Wii U version is out, so i'll be doing that

the 3ds version so far has just been a glorified beta to me

but hey, still getting the soundtrack and matchup practice, and so at least it was useful

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I'll still be playing it post Wii U release. I just plain prefer it on the 3DS as crazy as many people here may find that. Playing on a console is a whole production for me where I won't ever do it unless I have a few hours to kill. With the 3ds version, I can grab it whenever I want, play a couple matches, then go on to do what I need to.

I'm also that one guy who finds that the 3ds controls better.

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
i can think of 0 reasons to not trade in 3ds smash the day the Wii U version is out, so i'll be doing that

the 3ds version so far has just been a glorified beta to me

but hey, still getting the soundtrack and matchup practice, and so at least it was useful
Why trade it in so early when you payed money for it at most they'll give $10 for it.

TurboPikachu

Wall of Pain
NNID
HyperChu
3DS FC
3394-3547-7986
Why trade it in so early when you payed money for it at most they'll give $10 for it.
My GameStop is advertising $20 until Oct. 27, and $16 on the Wii U version's release (Nov. 21). I'm keeping my 3DS Smash forever though. $16 is really sad considering we bought it for $40, and that's only gonna represent 25% off his Wii U Smash. smh

I'm just gonna go full-tilt with Smash 4, being addicted to both versions indefinitely (or if there ever is a Smash 5 in 2020 or whatever)

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
Besides all the people who don't own or plan on owning a Wii U, but who do have a 3DS + Smash (which are already a lot), there's also every European and Japanese that won't be playing 'till the 5th and the 6th of December respectively. ;)

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
So many pompous @55ed know it all's in this thread

«sigh»

I can't. Just can't. Haters gonna hate....that is established, but wow lol so many smash elitist Wii U nutswingers. I think a few of you chose the 3DS Smash subforum by mistake >_>
Way too dismiss everyone who knows the Wii U version is objectively better by calling them "haters" and "smash elitist Wii U nutswingers". :rolleyes:

Anyways, terrible post aside, people who aren't fortunate enough to have Smash Wii U or don't want it (Either for having the terrible mindset that both versions are objectively equal, lol, or it's their preference.) are definitely gonna keep playing on 3DS. 3DS has sold 44 million units. Wii U is barely at 7 million units. 3DS Smash is gonna sell 3 times as much as Wii U Smash.

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
I have no idea when I'll get a Wii U so I'll still be online in the 3DS version

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
I won't say that I've never enjoyed smash on a gc controller, and I have yet to play smash 4 on one, but I can't just buy a wii u, and i imagine a lot of us here can't. Outside of the other games, I just don't have enough money to go out and buy a console at a whim. So I still think I'll mostly do 3ds, and if i make enough to get a wii u as well, perhaps I will. I still will bring my 3ds as a controller to a tournament, unless they provide the adapters as well, since i do still have my wii and gc, so i have the controllers

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Actually, I will be online then because I live in Europe and it comes out here on December 5th. T.T

SirSlayer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2938-6338-4272
Switch FC
5886-4521-4308
I'll still be online. I don't own a Wii u yet and when I do I play on that but my online time won't die down on the 3ds plus my kids like hogging the TV anyway

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Well seeing as how garbage the Wii U is, i won't be buying it just for Smash. Im sticking to 3ds

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Yes i will drop the 3ds unless im on a long trip with my family or on holiday.

-Why the hell will i play it in college?
-Why play it on the bus when i can eihter talk to my friends or listen to music?
-Not playing it anywhere outside my house.

Wii U version in my Wii U vs 3ds version, of course i'll play the U version.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Yeah, no, I'm not saying the Wii U is bad, I just can't really afford it at the moment and people act like the whole community will be getting Wii U's just for Smash
This pretty much sums my opinion on the Wii U version, even though I have one. I'm really low on cash and I can't justify getting another game that will be almost identical to this one, but with different stages and a few select modes imported from Brawl. I already have Project M for that (for the console Smash experience).

I might get it someday, but only for the purpose of training for competitive tourneys. Otherwise, I will be using the 3DS version most of the time.

Minuy600

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting the Wii U version after the release, so yes, I definatly will be online for a while. Even when I get the 'U version i'm still quite active to play with my friends who don't have it.

Last edited:

sweq32

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sweq32
I'll stick around for a while after. I don't have the money to buy a Wii U or Smash U just yet.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I probably will because I'm an adult and no longer have the ability to beg every new game console out of my parents. Doesn't help that no one in my town will hire me. Realistically, it'll be early 2015 before I get my hands on a Wii U. Though I'll probably be playing more PM than Sm4sh til then.

onyxchief1

Smash Rookie
I'll definitely still be playing, since I don't have a Wii U, probably won't get it until years later.

Top Bottom