• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So whos ready for the Place-bo fest this patch will bring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Haha, I’m getting nostalgic thinking about how badly it went in Smash 4. Due to Bandai’s ridiculously sparce patch notes, literally everyone thought their main got drastically buffed/nerfed, even if they were completely untouched.

Stuff like “Omg guys Dr Mario is so much faster now” and “Omg Greninjas d tilt actually combos now” are some I remember clearly when I think back.

Not making fun of these people though. Its absurd that Bandai can’t provide us with actual patch notes. Hell, even Splatoon 2 and Mario Tennis Aces have comprehensive patch notes. The place-bo is justified, but you cant deny it’s fun to watch! Lets hope for the best this time regarding patch notes.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I wasn't present for 2014 - 2015 to be aware of the patches. I think I only got to witness Bayonetta's nerf, if it could be called such.

By the way, I'm sticking with Ridley. :D

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
I wasn't present for 2014 - 2015 to be aware of the patches. I think I only got to witness Bayonetta's nerf, if it could be called such.

By the way, I'm sticking with Ridley. :D
Oh hey! I remember you from the “buff wishlist” thread. Sorry I never got to show you in a match why he isn’t bad, but I hope you figured him out now and are having fun maining him!

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Oh hey! I remember you from the “buff wishlist” thread. Sorry I never got to show you in a match why he isn’t bad, but I hope you figured him out now and are having fun maining him!
It's all good. I'm not maining Ridley, but I'm using him as a secondary and he's doing better than my ZSS. I like Ridley, so I didn't want to drop him. I stuck with Samus through the hard times. Ridley deserves the same.

Arrei

Smash Lord
At the very least, training mode lets us easily confirm frame data changes this time.

link2702

Smash Champion
I think based on the last patch where they at least told everyone who would be affected, the placebo effect won’t be near as bad this time. We’ll at least know which characters to focus on as opposed to being completely in the dark like in 4 each patch.

This of course is assuming Nintendo still tells us which characters are affected of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom