• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So who here likes tripping?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Likes it? I doubt anyone does. A better question would be "Who doesn't mind tripping."

You would get pretty varied responses based on people's experience. For example, I won a match in the tourney, and one of the kills was because my opponent slipped into my F-Smash... and I was Ike so it definitely hurt.

Spellman

Smash Ace
Indifferent. Well actually sometimes it desyncs Nana when I do and so I can spam my ice burgs, not exactly high end damage we're dealing with those things but it's enough to throw off some peoples games and take follow-up hits. The point is, they're harder to avoid when they're separated.

Still though, don't mind it being here, probably better off with it not being here, however.

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
I don't care for it, but it's in the game. It's something that we're going to have to deal with, no matter how much we plan on complaining. :)

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
I don't mind it..since ive played alot with items before I gte used to it..life involves luck..and tripping, well get used to it

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I don't have the game yet, but I don't think that I will mind tripping. It seems as it can be useful in some situations.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I don't see any reason for tripping.

If the dev team wanted to stop dash dancing, they could have. . . y'know, just stopped dash dancing. Two ways:

1) Make a trip possible only when you reverse direction on the initial dance animation (i.e. when you DASH DANCE)

2) Make it impossible to reverse direction on the initial dash animation (which has some believability; I mean, take a serious running step forward, and then even try to change direction. I bet you can't).

Guh.

So then, the only justification for tripping could come from trying to reduce the amount of running in the game. Possibly, the argument could go, it would be good to make players only run if they actually need to run; so they wouldn't risk tripping.
However, that argument just doesn't go. I can't even prop it up to knock it down, it's so bad.

So, in summary, tripping is a stupid idea. It has to be plugging up some glitch we can't even see - a new one (in any sense that something which was prevented from existing can be 'new').

surfingnc

Smash Cadet
you can also trip your opponents sometimes by using down-tilt next to them (try it in training mode it works.)

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I will ePunch anyone who likes tripping...

But, pk-ow has an interesting point: Tripping could be covering up a glitch. Just something to think about. Also, gimpyfish made a thread about how sakurai doesn't want smash to be competitive, so that's another explaination...

But it still sucks, and if sucks is censored... that just sucks.

pirkid

Smash Lord
I don't mind it, I wish I weren't random, and instead it happens if you turned in a dash or something along the lines of that.

Tripping balls, son.

TwinTurbo

Smash Cadet
how does tripping happen exactly? ive spent so much time in training only to come to the conclusion that its random...

Mala321

Smash Rookie
It doesn't matter if tripping is rare, well it does but if you're a casual player which I am, no biggy, but if you're a competitive player of course it's going to be annoying no matter how rare because it can decide a match, and just the thought of having a chance of losing a lot of money when being so close because you tripped and got smashed...

unrelated, check out my sig :(

M.K

Level 55
I hate tripping with a fiery Falcon Punch....

but...

I LOL'd watching a Captain Falcon trip in slow motion after I grabbed a Stopwatch :laugh:

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
It's...kind of a love and hate thing with tripping for me.

It gives me a good laugh when I'm having fun, but on the competitive side I hate it.

Top Bottom