• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So which Ike is it?

otter

Smash Ace
At first all this talk about how slow and powerful Ike is really confused me because in PoR, he was average bulk and pretty strong. Like Marth, or a little heavier than Link. Now I'm Playing Radient Dawn in which Ike is much bigger more man like which makes sense.

But in Brawl he appears to be PoR Ike anyway.

???

CowDude

Smash Apprentice
It's less buff, so I think it's the PoR Ike. Though...in the first RD cutscene with him in it, he looks a lot like his Brawl art.
----RD Spoilers----
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kD0AbXqvEbI

Is it just me, or does that look more like his Brawl art than this from PoR, yet not as buff as his RD?

Here's the art from both games.
PoR1
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/CowDude1/PoR.jpg
PoR2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/CowDude1/PoR2.jpg

RD1
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/CowDude1/RD.jpg
RD2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/CowDude1/RD2.jpg

SSBB
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/CowDude1/SSBB.jpg

I think it's a mix.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
I will go with the in between times. He had to be doing something in between wars.... and now we know... He was owning in Brawl

True Fool

Smash Ace
The decision was probably that Ike needed to look as he did at the beginning of one of those games, hence no Lord or Vanguard. I think the decision may be because this is how Ike was first introduced, and if they decided to add Micaiah as an RD FE rep, so that they don't have two.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
He seems to me to be set inbetween PoR and RD, cus he's older lookign than PoR but not quite as buff as in RD. lol Brawl is the training that made him uber for RD.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
I'd agree with something like a year after the end of PoR but definitly before RD. He was waaay too buff

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I agree that he's in between, but to me he looks more like PoR. Which is a shame, cuz the ripped RD look would've suited his heavyweight status more IMO. BTW, RD is a great game! I'm playing it now!

True Fool

Smash Ace
Smash Ike is in no FE timeline guys. Ranger Ike never had the Ragnell. After all of the affairs, Begnion had him return the sword, something about it being a national treasure. They only mention it once in FE10, so it's one of those things that's easy to forget.

Ranger Ike simply represents him the best, and Ragnell is Ike's weapon of choice. The two don't fit together, but they did it anyway, and it's not like it's a terrible thing anyway.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Smash Ike is in no FE timeline guys. Ranger Ike never had the Ragnell. After all of the affairs, Begnion had him return the sword, something about it being a national treasure. They only mention it once in FE10, so it's one of those things that's easy to forget.

Ranger Ike simply represents him the best, and Ragnell is Ike's weapon of choice. The two don't fit together, but they did it anyway, and it's not like it's a terrible thing anyway.
That's all of it, I agree wholeheartedly with you. It's PoR Ike. PoR and RD have a 3 year gap in between so the bulkier Ike you see is 3-years-older Ike. Although Ike didn't get the Ragnell way after he was promoted to Lord so Ike didn't have a real sword to use until then(don't say Regal Sword). Besides, Marth and Roy were no different when it came to their weapons.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I've not played PoR but I can assure you that that Ike is certainly not as big, or dressed like, the Ike from RD. I've seen artwork from PoR and he looks only a little bigger than what he was there. Simple mistranslation of size maybe?

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Possibly. If Sakurai isn't as much interesting in the FE series as we though, we may not be getting any new FE representatives. RD Sothe is an AT though which gives a glimmer of hope for Micaiah, although I'd hate to see her appear as a playable.

...Not compared to the beating I'm gonna give Sonic/Megaman. :mad:

Torchik

Smash Ace
Oh gosh, agreed. If Megaman makes it in, he's gonna be my permanent punching bag. He does NOT need to be in Brawl. *holds up giant sword from the Appreciation thread and waits for Megaman fanboys to attack*

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
This Ike reminds of the Ike scene during the ending of PoR (You know when he's back to his original clothes and his muscles are bulging through).

-Knight

otter

Smash Ace
I love megaman, but he's pretty well represented in MVC2 so i don't really care. But in all honesty FE doesn't need any more chars. And there are so many better ones than the silver haired maiden. How can Starfox have 4 (potentially) and Sonic only get 1 or 2 lol. Why don't we get 27 character in from Crash Bandicoot. People are wierd.

GenG

Smash Lord
This Ike is not from any game as it's an idealization of the character for Smash Bros.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I'll have to agree with you, since Ike did get the 'Shiek' treatment...er, the other way around I mean. It's just a slight design change to make him more ready for Brawl.

Oh great, non-FE fans or haters prefer Ike to be the only representative, you know, for people like them, Marth and/or Roy should return to make a blow to his ego.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i dont know y non FE fans really disliike the FE reps
i thinks its the use of there swords thay dont like there "cheap" range i guess and all of there atks only use their sword

Top Bottom