• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So....what's the best way to get CDs?

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
I've only gotten about 20 CDs or so, and I know there's a ton more for the picking.

What way would you guys say is best for nabbing CDs? Classic, SSE, or just normal Brawls? Or in training, can you just keep spamming the ability to spawn poke'balls until you get a celebi or a mew?

I haven't found any effective way, so I thought I'd trun to my fellow smashers and see what's been helping them. :)

(Forgive me if there is a topic on this already, but I didn't find one)

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman

I find things like this have better pay off, sandbags don't go falling off the screen so you can pile them and wail on them for a longer time.

The best bet this stage is to let them gather in the spot on the bottom where the belts meet and spam ROB's up tilt, stopping only to pick things up.

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice

I find things like this have better pay off, sandbags don't go falling off the screen so you can pile them and wail on them for a longer time.

The best bet this stage is to let them gather in the spot on the bottom where the belts meet and spam ROB's up tilt, stopping only to pick things up.
The problem with a stage like this, is that if a CD spawns up above where R.O.B. is on the picture, there's a good chance it will disappear before you can get it.

I find it best to keep it small and simple.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Well, using mine as an example:

1) Make the stage
2) Go to Group Brawl with two controllers, I just use my GCN controller and the wiimote I use to turn on brawl.
3) Select two characters, the one you plan on controlling can't have automatic attacks if you hold A (IE, Metaknight)
4) Turn off all items except sandbag, and put item drops on very high. Preferably a long time limit, like infinite.
5) Load the stage, and move the character you DON'T plan on playing onto the ladder to chill.
6) Move the character you're controlling onto the bottom platform where Lucas is.
7) Wail on sandbags by spamming the tap of the A button, causing them to drop stickers and sometimes CDs.

EDIT: Also, that hasn't been much of a problem, since in about 20 minutes maybe one CD will spawn on its own, and I'll have gotten ~eight more from hitting the sandbags.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
That one seems a bit more complicated then the other, simpler ones. Plus I like the coin benefit of the one shown in the YT video...

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
The problem with a stage like this, is that if a CD spawns up above where R.O.B. is on the picture, there's a good chance it will disappear before you can get it.

I find it best to keep it small and simple.
The CDs come out of the sandbags though? In that case all of them, except a potential but unlikely random CD spawn, would all be right there?

I've actually never had a CD spawn in multiplayer without a sandbag, so I don't think it would be a problem.

Zek

Smash Ace
CDs are random item spawns. Sandbags are just a very fast way to spawn items. The chances of a CD spawning instead of a sandbag are pretty slim, it won't kill you to just ignore it if that happens.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Well, I made the CD Factory displayed in the YouTube video, and it works great! I've unlocked over 75 CDs, some of them containing my favorite tracks (Lylat Cruise with Corneria on blast, baby :) ).

I tend to just do 7 minute timed matches, and I get anywhere between 2-8 CDs per match. It's great! CD factories = Best use of Custom stages yet! :chuckle:

Top Bottom