• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, uh... Impa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
So you like that plot twist? Well what about the people who haven't played it? Now those people will not be spoiled (unless they read the trophy) because Zelda won't transform. It's honestly kind of genius when you ask me.
Actually I agree with ethanrodgers223's post about keeping the transformation move, because one of the reasons is because it represents one of the most famous plot twists in the original game and makes very clear that Sheik will always be Zelda (and let's face it, spoilers are everywhere in Smash Bros., not just for Zelda). Plus, there are still players who enjoy using that move. So as a way to appeal to both fans of the transformation move, and fans of sticking with one single form, they could have simply left Zelda/Sheik as one the same, and instead give us Impa for the standalone Sheik gameplay, and maybe Young Zelda or Toon Zelda for the standalone Zelda gameplay (especially Toon, because she makes better sense with the Phantom move; plus it's not fair that there is only Toon Link while there already are TP Link and TP Zelda in the game).

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Seems pretty fake, but that leak that says Impa is being added when the Wii U version comes out says she's a combination of Zelda and Sheik.

That would actually be pretty cool. Kinda like a clone of Zelda/Sheik... but without the transformation.

Anyway, most likely not going to happen.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Would absolutely love impa.

Sheik's impa color pallate is awesome too. Makes her look like a pirate tbh

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
Seems pretty fake, but that leak that says Impa is being added when the Wii U version comes out says she's a combination of Zelda and Sheik.

That would actually be pretty cool. Kinda like a clone of Zelda/Sheik... but without the transformation.

Anyway, most likely not going to happen.
Yeah, why bother? They could simply make Impa as the standalone Sheik, and keep Zelda/Sheik one the same. This could be a mess of a change otherwise.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Yeah, why bother? They could simply make Impa as the standalone Sheik, and keep Zelda/Sheik one the same. This could be a mess of a change otherwise.
Why bother? It could be cool. It would effectively be a unique move set.

I'm happy they separated Zelda/Sheik because I didn't like to switch between them and the new moves look cool, so...

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
Why bother? It could be cool. It would effectively be a unique move set.

I'm happy they separated Zelda/Sheik because I didn't like to switch between them and the new moves look cool, so...
Of course, not everyone is going to agree with this, hence my character suggestion. Because really, in order to appeal to both the transformation fans, and the single form fans, they should have made two new Zelda representatives (Impa included) for the separate Sheik and Zelda gameplays. Either that, or make the transformation a taunt move so you can have your Impa the way you'd like.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
@ Mushguy Mushguy Yeah I dunno. They obviously decided not to satisfy transformation fans, and on the whole it looks like more people are pleased with the change than upset. Keeping it would've been more work and adding transformation and non-transformation versions of the same characters would definitely have been a lot more work.

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
How would it be more work? If you mean make new character models, then I don't see the issue with them. But if you mean making new stats, well that's debatable.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Balancing transformation characters well is a lot more work. They have two move sets - if the transformations are fast enough, it means that you have a lot more options, which means each move set individually needs to be weakened.

They also might have been worried about transformations not being equally fast in both versions.

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
Balancing transformation characters well is a lot more work. They have two move sets - if the transformations are fast enough, it means that you have a lot more options, which means each move set individually needs to be weakened.

They also might have been worried about transformations not being equally fast in both versions.
I wonder how Project M might be achieving balance while keeping the transformation without worrying about loading speeds. I think loading from the SD card may have something to do with it. Maybe Smash 4 should do the same: saving important character data in the console or external storage to reduce loading times.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
@ Mushguy Mushguy

As it turns out, transformations were removed due to technical limitations of the 3DS. So it was unavoidable (as long as characters are supposed to play identically).

In this case, I am happy with the change, unlike with the Ice Climbers (who I think should've at least been kept in the Wii U version).

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
@ Mushguy Mushguy

As it turns out, transformations were removed due to technical limitations of the 3DS. So it was unavoidable (as long as characters are supposed to play identically).

In this case, I am happy with the change, unlike with the Ice Climbers (who I think should've at least been kept in the Wii U version).
Where did you get that information?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Where did you get that information?
I believe it was in Sakurai's last Famitsu article. It's somewhere on the Smash Bros subreddit. :)

I don't see Impa being introduced as her own character at all, unfortunately. I could possibly see her being a DLC clone, but I'd say I'm happy enough with the Impa-like colour swap at this point. :p

tebby

Smash Cadet
one of sheiks costumes kinda reminds me of impa in hyrule warriors tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom