• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, uh, about Bower's pwnage.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
With Bowser getting boosted as much as people are saying, I don't think there is any doubt that we will all see alot more Bowser players in the Smash community. Now, granted, the game is still months away (curse December 3rd and all its evil), very few of us have played the game, and heck, we do even know half the available characters yet. But still, who is primitively thinking about maining him? From the information given, he's a definite possibility for alot of people (including me).

And finally, a theory for Bowser's boost. We know that Bowser's minions are provoking Donkey Kong in the Subspace, proven by today's update. Well, this leads me to reason that Bowser is the main bad guy in the Subspace and might be the final boss, even with Metanight's ship playing an important role. This would make sense seeing as Boswer is the biggest, baddest, most popular bad guy in Nintendo's biggest, baddest, most popular game. With this elevated status and important role in the plot, it's a no brainer as to why the creators would want Bowser as an eliete character.

:bowser: :sniper: -"Ah! Don't hug me! (..?)"
^ "Pft. This is Brawl. Don't even waste your time!"

Bowser FTW? I think it's something we need be getting used to.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Bowser isn't meant to be THAT much better. I will be maining him and I very much doubt he'll be the main villain of the subspace emmisary, what with him being introduced so soon. My reckoning is that him and donkey kong/diddy are fighting amongst themselves only for them to be interrupted by the actual baddies at which point they'd both go after them, not as friends but mutal allies as such, otherwise there wouldn't be an opportunity to play bowser in the single player.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Bowser seems a little toned down and Ike has replaced him as the slowest in the demo.
most of bowser's attacks have been improved, and he is the strongest bad*** in the game no question. with his new pwnage levels and his pimp shell he will be used more often. and he will join up with DK, thats a given.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
actaully I though Bowser would be "buffered up" a bit from Melee and seeing his size, we can assume he will be heavier, me being a Bowser fan, I will also main him in Brawl since I already mastered him in Melee, and one question...

@shipoffools: why does your sig have a smiley shooting at Bowser? do you dislike him? just curious

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
actaully I though Bowser would be "buffered up" a bit from Melee and seeing his size, we can assume he will be heavier, me being a Bowser fan, I will also main him in Brawl since I already mastered him in Melee, and one question...

@shipoffools: why does your sig have a smiley shooting at Bowser? do you dislike him? just curious
It's not his sig. He's just showing how bullets are useless against the power of boozer.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
The Ancient Minister is the main villain in the subspace emissary, not Bowser.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
he isnt overly cute when hes gigabowser. but hey its nintendo you got to expect things like this. bowser wont be a bad character either, no character is realy "bad" they just have different styles and people have different skill levels with those styles. bowser just happens to be one not many people can get good with.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Wait wouldn't Crazy Hand and Master Hand appear somewhere in the Subspace Emissary? Probably as the final boss? Because, well at least Master hand has been the final enemy in both previous smash titles. He has to fit into the smash storyline somehow.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
he isnt overly cute when hes gigabowser. but hey its nintendo you got to expect things like this. bowser wont be a bad character either, no character is realy "bad" they just have different styles and people have different skill levels with those styles. bowser just happens to be one not many people can get good with.
What are you talking about? Bowser's cuteness levels are the highest possible when he becomes Gigabowser. So lovable.

There is such a thing as "bad" characters. It is harder for most people to get good with them because they have less positive traits and more negative ones than others. This means that in order to get good with the character, you have much less to work with.

and crap, I probably just started an argument.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
What are you talking about? Bowser's cuteness levels are the highest possible when he becomes Gigabowser. So lovable.
WHAT! how can you say that? sure Giga Bowser is cool and all, but cute you say? you must be joking, he is one of the most horrifying looking characters in smash, but of course he's cool

Jammer

Smash Lord
I'm pleased that Bowser (especially Giga Bowser) actually looks dangerous and menacing this time around. For the people who say he's cute: I'm guessing that's facetiousness.

I think it's nice that Bowser is so good, but it'll feel really strange if a slow character is top tier, I think. The faster characters are the most to improve after the game is released and played for a few months, I believe, so I don't think he'll remain God Tier, like Gimpyfish suggests.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Gimpy still doesn't say he's god tier. Bowser will always be god tier in our hearts, but he's been open about how sweet Mario and Metaknight are, and how they will most likely be top tier if this demo were the final version. We still haven't seen alot of characters yet so we'll have to see.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm just saying, I'm with you. I don't want Bowser to be top tier, I liked surprising people everytime I picked him 0.o

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I agree. I can't tell you how much I enjoy hearing this:

"I can't believe I lost to a Bowser."

LuLLo

Smash Ace
lol one of my friends plays Fox (not using all adv. techs., only DI and Crouch Cancel) and I own him everytime, he's always mashing his controller agressively, punching something, or cursing unspeakable words after defeat...he's got issues...but I have glory:chuckle:

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Nah, I don't think there will be thet big an influx of Bowser players. Most of them will be the people that are already maining him in melee, and the ocasional guy that wants to experiment with heavy characters.

Even if he's boosted to mid tier, the new people will still go for "cool" looking characters like metaknight, smaus, fox, and Ike

Jammer

Smash Lord
I'd totally use Bowser if he was top tier.

About two-thirds of the enjoyment of playing a character for me comes from being able to do cool things and beat people with him or her or it. If I can beat people and do cool things with Bowser, I'll use him.

Smash Ace
There are two important questions that Gimpyfish didn't answer about Bowser ownage:
  • Does bowser have a decent dashing attack yet, or does he still fall flat on his cute little face?
  • Does Bowser's new menacing look make him less cute?

Jammer

Smash Lord
Does Bowser's new menacing look make him less cute?
[/list]
Yes, and no. We all know that, deep down, he's just a silly emo turtle. So him acting all scary just makes him look silly and cute. Like an 8-year-old emo kid with white make-up and a spiky necklace.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
8 yr old emo kids are not cute and should not in ANY WAY be related to bowser. Bowser is the awesomeness and cute at the same time. He's not at all emo.

Gojira

Smash Lord
hmmm

Bowser has been slightly improved while all the melee top tiers getting nerfed. I have coem to the conclusion that this game may obtain such a close balance that even low tier will be able to stand toe to toe with higher tier characters with easier effort. Again Gimpy said that "THE GAME IS NOT MELEE THE GAME IS NOT MELEE THE GAME IS NOT MELEE" last i talked to him, so my thought about this could be way off ionno.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Bowser has been slightly improved while all the melee top tiers getting nerfed. I have coem to the conclusion that this game may obtain such a close balance that even low tier will be able to stand toe to toe with higher tier characters with easier effort. Again Gimpy said that "THE GAME IS NOT MELEE THE GAME IS NOT MELEE THE GAME IS NOT MELEE" last i talked to him, so my thought about this could be way off ionno.
metaknight is the only one that makes me worry about tiers, everyone else was so balanced out that(or made harder to control) that the teirs mean practicaly nothing. but even metaknight has his flaws, his gameplay videos make him seem very vunerable right after he attacks, cause he holds those poses. leaving him open to get koopa klaw body slam *****!!!!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Wait wouldn't Crazy Hand and Master Hand appear somewhere in the Subspace Emissary? Probably as the final boss? Because, well at least Master hand has been the final enemy in both previous smash titles. He has to fit into the smash storyline somehow.
No, you failure! In Melee, master hand was the main enemy in classic mode. The main enemy in adventure mode was Bowser. Master hand does not need to be in the adventure mode storyline at all. But we will come back because he is pwn. And I think that if Bowser is part of the enemy plot in Brawl, it might seem awkward. Bowser should turn Giga Bowser and destroy the Halberd imo.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
... as Boswer is the biggest, baddest, most popular bad guy in Nintendo's biggest, baddest, most popular game...
umm....Ganondorf, anyone? Seriously, I mean Bowser is popular and all, but Mario isn't the biggest, baddest, most popular game...LoZ is...and anyone who's played Twilight Princess can agree that Ganondorf is the biggest baddest, most popular bad guy :-P having said that, Ganondorf should be in brawl, and he should be the last boss.

Here's an idea....what if there were a special final boss for every character?

Top Bottom