• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So...tripping eh?

_Slick_

Smash Ace
This thread is NOT for complaining about the mechanic. I'm simply complaining about the complainers.

So, I read everywhere about how tripping sucks and how the person who thought of it should be shot. This gave me a false impression.This was before I received my copy of Brawl. But now that I have a copy, I can say that to me, tripping is VERY rare.

I don't know if it's these "advanced players" who use thier swift movements which cause tripping, or they're jusr unlucky, but when I verse Lv. 9 CPU's, I use swift movements, and it's only happened once in those matches. In fact, it probably happens more when I'm just walking!

However, in saying this, I'm not saying people can lose matches to tripping, I'm saying, to me, it's really not a complainable issue.

Opinions?

jr.lizardking

Smash Cadet
My opinion is that tripping happens alot more then you seem to make it out too. it happens at LEAST once a match, and usually more(a 3 stock match). And the reason people complain mainly is because of how ridiculously unnecessary it was. I have found myself lose ALOT of oppurtunities due to tripping .

[PU] Poison

Smash Rookie
The main problem about tripping is that it happens just when you're dashing to KO your foe, and this causes it to be hated by players. I haven't had any major problems with tripping yet. But I agree that it isn't necessary at all.

_Slick_

Smash Ace
My opinion is that tripping happens alot more then you seem to make it out too. it happens at LEAST once a match, and usually more(a 3 stock match). And the reason people complain mainly is because of how ridiculously unnecessary it was. I have found myself lose ALOT of oppurtunities due to tripping .
No, I'm telling the truth. Even in my stock matches. It rarely happens.

The reason is probably because I have a different way of KO-ing. A more "aerial" approach.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
its bad enough having threads complaining about the game. Do we have to have threads complaining about complaining?!

Jegred2

Smash Rookie
...I trip 4-5 times a battle when I'm using Toon Link. This is with just 3 or 5 stock battles too.

Top Bottom