• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So this is a thing

Darksydaz

Smash Cadet
NNID
LordDarksydaz
Well that's interesting.... because if this holds true, then you can do the same combo on every character and not have to worry about their weight, unlike what MySmashCorner said...

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
This can't possibly mean just this. It's very obvious that say Lucas has a far easier time escaping combos compared to characters with average weight and physics.
A good lucas will consistently popp out of ABK strings just by DIing up

Last edited:

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
this doesn't work at all like it sounds. Different characters are hit by her combos at different percents. I wish it were this easy though.

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
This is just fueling the fire. Her combos have been hitting the same since the beginning, this doesn't miraculously make her better. Might be good, yeah, but it changes nothing from what we've always had. Knowing this gives more reason for people to complain.

Why did you have to reveal this KuroganeHammer ;-;

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
https://twitter.com/KuroganeHammer/status/719714260637462528?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

this just seems sooo broken to me. thoughts on weather this will get patched or not?
Doubt it'll be patched seeing as it was intentionally designed that way.

This can't possibly mean just this. It's very obvious that say Lucas has a far easier time escaping combos compared to characters with average weight and physics.
A good lucas will consistently popp out of ABK strings just by DIing up
Fall speed seems to very slightly affect vertical KB but other than that it's still basically the same.

I wish it were this easy though.
It kinda literally is that easy.

Why did you have to reveal this KuroganeHammer ;-;
It's important :secretkpop:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
The implications of this are weird because you've got to really take the info and think about it in practice. Bayo treating all characters as the same weight when using these moves isn't a horrible idea to keep the strings reliable in theory, but if you think about how combos work and the state of Smash 4, when the only thing affecting your combos are fall speeds, %s and your opponents limited DI options, MUs become a lot easier to learn, giving you a pretty big advantage.

In a weird sense, it's kind of a similar problem to pre-patch Diddy's hoo-hah, since it's not only reliable, but basically repeatable from 0 to death. -and no-one likes that kind of thing. Even the people playing the character must get bored of it. It's obviously not as extreme as hoo-hah I'd say, it has more limitations, but the similarities are there whether you like it or not.

So in a sense, yeah, Bayo combos are starting to look kinda broken, but we're obviously still kinda learning about them, and that's pretty important to take into consideration. Now we know that weight isn't a factor, players might start looking at the strings in different ways and devising better counter-strategies. -and that's all we can really do as players.

I don't think Bayo's moves having this hit property is inherently bad, but the fact it's currently basically handing people stocks while only having to keep an eye on %s and DI is a pain. I think tweaking the weight she treats characters at with these moves as a rebalance (so they stop working earlier or start working later) could be a potential thing in the future, but for now, the info is here and we can use it in counter theories - that's pretty good in and of itself. So thanks to KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer for that, at least.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Yeah, despite this, Gravity still affects characters (and that's the reason some can act before others) and fall speed creates or nullifies 50/50s.

Though, it might mean that making the hitboxes smaller would not make her drop combos all that much.
:196:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yeah, despite this, Gravity still affects characters (and that's the reason some can act before others) and fall speed creates or nullifies 50/50s.

Though, it might mean that making the hitboxes smaller would not make her drop combos all that much.
Gravity doesn't affect it

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I could've sworn some characters CAN act faster.

The second point still stands tho :p

Top Bottom