• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So....? The Final Question...Who will you main?

Rominati

Smash Cadet
First and foremost I must say I am utterly dissappointed by this roster. Yet through all the despair and grievance I have come to the conlcusion....based off of what I have seen so far. I declare today....that I will main

Lucario.

With Sonic and Shiek as my secondary. I honestly cant even look at the rest of the roster seriously. This is set in stone. The moment I get the game im going to put all my energy and focus on the mentioned characters. I feel like through all the dissappointment I find comfort within these choices Saki made,thus I shall focus that energy into potential which will undoubtedly allow me to accell competitvely. I dont even care if they are all bottom tier. Its more than that now.

Arrgh.....rob.....*breaks computer*

So fellas who are you guys gonna main?

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Obviously there's no way to answer this without playing the game. Extensively, in my case.

I'm trying not to stick with one character. I mained Samus for years, and, honestly, it made me worse than my friends. For a time I was unbeatable, but they mastered the *real* game, and could eventually beat me with MANY characters.

Now I'm playing catch up, and getting good with G&W, Yoshi, and I just rediscovered Pikachu.

Basically, I intend to play everybody I can.

... but if you're asking for a favorite newcomer, I'm really liking Olimar and ROB. ;)

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well, i already main Mario and Samus and like to use ganondorf.

So I got to try Wario and Dedede maybe Lucario too, i'm definitively going to main Wolf and the new Ganondorf.

soulz

Smash Cadet
Ice Climbers, if they are similar in style to it's melee form.
Possibly dedede, wolf and sonic.

Scott667

Smash Rookie
I will pick out about 4 or 5 and play them extensively based on which ones I feel suit my play style the best (If I only choose 1 my movement gets too predictable and my friends can easily beat me).

However I will play all of them so that I now my opponents weaknesses.

I cannot judge who my mains will be though (as I have not played the game) but the characters I am most looking forward to using are Marth, Lucario and DeDeDe.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Of course I need to try the game for myself, which won't be for months, since I live in EU.

But, I'll probably be Sonic, Toon Link or Olimar.

P!z@

Smash Rookie
i'll play all of them until i know thyere attacks in sleep . . .
than i'll main that char with the most fun/combo/likely style depend how good I'm with it
but i think i'll main peach 4 ever XD

WiiRevolution1

Smash Cadet
I'll probally main them all but my main mains will be: Link, Toon Link, ROB, Luigi, and MR. Game & Watch. (He was my main person in melee :o)

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
I actually like the look of Dedede so far. In every video I've seen of him my thoughts have been something along the lines of "Jesus, Dedede looks like a beast."

Meta Knight, Diddy, Pokemon Trainer, and Captain Olimar will also be extensively tested out when I get the game.

And of course, I'm going to have to see if I'm still going to be using Luigi and Jigglypuff.

Mr. Who

Smash Cadet
I'll main Ike, Link, ROB, and Marth for the really bad situtations...........................

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Everyone needs to stop being so disappointed with the roster, you know you would've turned your pants into an outhouse if they had held off revealing every newcomer other than the ones shown at the E3 '06 trailer until the game's release. The fact that they revealed almost all the newcomers before release is what is peeving people off, not so much the actual roster.

Also you can't deny at ALL that ROB is the biggest (and I really hate this term, but I'll use it to make things simple) "WTF" character they could've put in...seriously, nobody believed any of the leakers who said ROB was in, and yet here he is.

Anyways, I'll answer your question too I suppose. I'm maining the same character I main in Melee. The big dragon tortoise you see in my siggy? Yeah, Bowser von Koopa Bowser the Third...Bowser.

Don't get me wrong though, I like the way almost every character looks in Brawl (other than Fox...I just...don't like Fox ever).

The characters that pique my interest most (other than Bowser) are Pokemon Trainer, Olimar, Snake, and Lucario. Everyone else looks good too though...I'll be logging plenty of time in with every character. It's just that these guys and Bowser will be getting the bulk of my attention.

<40 days, baby.

drengist

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think Falco's new shine has potential. Wolf should be a good character, not to forget Fox, my Melee main. Outside Starfox franchise Pokemon Trainer looks the most promising. I need to play the game first of course and see which character fits in my style and in the new engine.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
I will try to main Yoshi.

As of the new characters, I'll use more of Pokemon Trainer's Squirtle than any other Pokemon.

Nibwoddle

Smash Apprentice
Oh, let's see... Lucario and King Dedede are my definite choices. Sonic and Wolf, maybe, with Captain Falcon, Meta Knight, and Pokemon Trainer following. If I'm ever going to be Link, I'll be playing Dark or Toon Link.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
You take Lucario seriously?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
And what do you mean "seriously" As good for torunaments? You're forgetting Meta Knight, and the newly-buffed Bowser (although we're still iffy on him. It might just be gimpybias in his thread), and the inevitable captain falcon.
Do you mean fun? Pokemon trainer. Dedede, Pikachu, Yoshi, Pit? Plenty.

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
Why is everyone angsting about 35 roster? its more than usual playing games and none is crying, why should brawl make around 45 character to make people who are crying because their favorite character didint make it? It would make game lot more unbalanced. 35 is pretty much characters almost everyone aint clone. Well fox and falco and we cant be sure about them either, and mario ja luigi but atleaast not 100% clones. And wolf pictures showing he is total clone of fox could be fakes.

Like Mortal Kombat Armageddon. had 60 characters, half of them were ripoffs of Mortal Kombat Deception and had no origilinaty, character design was bad and game itself sucked but most ******** thing about the whole game was that characters were all pieces of **** because there were so many and none was finished to be great character.

Weegee

Smash Rookie
Mario/Luigi has always been a favorite. This time I've been training on maining Samus for Brawl.

My top that I would love to try:
1) Samus
2) Luigi
3) Sonic
4) Captain Falcon
5) R.O.B. (:p)

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
I'll be maining Ike, as said before. Also plan to play Marth on the side like I did in Melee, he looks effing cool in Brawl.

rykall

Smash Cadet
Wario.

Once I saw the E3 trailer, I knew it was destiny that I would main Wario.

Although R.O.B also has his own WTF factor.

And PT is also pretty awesome.

So:
Main: Wario
Secondary: Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B, Wolf.

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
Veterans - Link and Marth.

Newcomers - Triple D DeDeDe and Wolf since Krystal was deconfirmed. I might as well.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I will main ROB just so people are even more P.O. than they already are xD
Jk jk, out of the newcomers, I'll probably main Snake, out of the veterans, I say Ganondorf.

And no, I'm not disappointed by this roster.

Really, the only complaints that go around are "But I wanted MOAR characters!!!1!" (EVEN though 35 is a pretty good number, and don't tell me about the clones, there aren't many)
and
"____ wasn't in! Bad roster! I will not buy Brawl! BAWWW!" (well, that I can understand, but it's mostly Ridley, Krystal and Geno fans that get angry, even though we all somehow knew that there WAS a chance Ridley would not be playable, so now we have him as a boss, that's still something. And Geno, where does the popularity come from anyway? I played Super Mario RPG and I cannot understand that, but whatever, people need to clear their head and get off it before they infect the whole forum abou...oh wait!)

And someone was angry because Ray 01 was an AT whereas ROB was playable. I seriously doubt you understand the meaning of "WTF character". Ray 01 isn't one, but ROB surely is, and his inclusion had the effect the developers wanted: Utter shock! But remember Mr. Game & Watch? People could not believe it either.

People, you just set the bar too high for your own good. You're the one to blame!

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
Lucario. From the gameplay vids I've seen about him, he looks pretty good. I want to try Wario and R.O.B, too. Those look very unique.

BlueYoshiPinkShoes

Smash Apprentice
ROB is my one and only main.
This is for the sole fact that I made a thread talking about his existence in Brawl long before Japanese release, and got flamed for it. Than the thread got closed by Mods.
Who was wrong now.

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
Luigi
Falcon
Falco
Sonic
Snake

and I'll try them all out to see if one of the others becomes gets on the list.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Pikachu definitely. Will use Samus and PKMN Trainer a lot too. Might try Diddy and Snake.

Might use Wolf because he took Krystal's place....

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
*single tear runs down my face*

I cant believe it, not ONE character I wanted in got in...not ONE.

but I will main ROB, bowser, and olimar, as they seem like the most fun to me.

"we will try to avoid clones" he said.....**** you sakurai **** you.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
It's impossible to know at this moment, but I will hardly work on improving Sonic and Pit.

Marth as oldcomer, obviously.

Xedi

Smash Cadet
Falco if he's still good, if he's not, I'll try Fox/Wolf, and if they're still not up to standards, I'll play Sonic.
Then again maybe I might just change my mind when I play the game.

Top Bottom