• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So tell the truth: Will you use characters....

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
well for me i try to use everyone and my main just ends up to be who ever i'm best with at the moment, but i do have favourites and use them for fun matches....... in melee my fav was luigi, for brawl.. it's either ROB or WARIO so far

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Using low tiers at a competitive level is admirable, but you still haven't given me a good reason why one shouldn't use a character simply because they're good. If money is on the line, why NOT use the best characters?
People generally don't use low tiers even at a highly competitive level for a reason: they are boring. Low tiers like Melee Kirby simply can't accomplish the amazing feats that Marth and Falco can. They are boring to use and there isn't much to learn about then.
And please don't say that anyone can master Marth. It makes you sound like a n00b. Effective spacing is harder to use than it seems, especially at a highly competitive level. Go ask Azen, Ken, or M2K if Marth is an easy character to use.
You do know the monkey thing was a gross exaggeration right?

And top tier characters are boring as well. It's getting old to see Top tier character vs top tier character.

And for all you know, that low tier character could be that person's BEST character. I'm good with Yoshi but I can't play as Fox to save my life. And just because some people use Sheik doesn't mean that they'll win. It's bad enough tourney noobs getting in the tourney scene don't understand that.

Someguy13

Smash Cadet
I main characters because I like them or Im good with them. Sonic CD was the first game I beat and after that Sonic became my favorite video game character. Im gunna main Sonic because of that even if I suck as him I'll play him untill I dont. Im also gunna main Pit cuz I think I'll be good as him and loved Kid Icarus.

Best101

Smash Ace
First I'll play as Link, then I'll main either Falco or Sonic. In Melee, Falco was my favorite character, and I realized later that he just so happened to be the second best character in the game.

kidbu916

Smash Cadet
I'm using Marth and I'm trying to decide between Sonic and Wolf as my second Main. I didn't start getting interested in the competetive scene of Melee until last October which is when I found out about teirs, so I'm not about to change one of my best characters because he was extremely good.

Top Bottom