• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Olimar has a 'super jump'?

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I don't have a video of it, but I do have it saved as a replay on my friends wii. So before I go through the trouble of uploading it via finding a camera for bad quality.. is this normal?

Basically I only had it happen to me when someone grabs a ledge and I use my second jump to low. Around where Olimar's antennae would touch the bottom of a taller fighter like Zamus, it would be.
Usually Olimar would -barely- reach back to the platform, however it increased and shot me up to a point where I fell to a good half distance in.

So either I found a glitch that occured three times and I only have one replay of it, or there is an advanced technique of super jumping.

He definitely jumped a distance of two -full- jumps as opposed to just one mid-air jump. I also still had my up-b.

Note:: I didn't get any sleep, so forgive me if this post is garbled.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
No.
One, I posted before seeing that.
Two, think 'Halo 2'. Or maybe the Link trick in melee with boomerang. Though it's just like.. two jumps in a row, for the cost of one?

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
yea at first i thought it sounded like the pikmin-less lunge too, but it'd be great if you were talking about something else. Maybe you could get that replay up on youtube?

The_Court_Jester

Smash Cadet
I believe that's a footstool jump on edgehoggers. I do it all that time. You can footstool jump at any time, but it only affects them when they're not doing an attack/edgehogging.

peeup

Smash Lord
I don't completely understand... if you have just a regular video camera you can record the replay and put it on youtube. The quality would be pretty awful, but its better than nothing.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
You can footstool them while they hang on the ledge and they aren't affected by it?

EDIT:: I don't like spending money, it's a really bad obsessive thing I guess. I don't own a camera or a wii, so.. heh..
As I said if I can borrow one from my friend maybe to get it, or maybe Fino has the footstool jump on it but it doesn't affect them and I didn't know about it?

EDIT EDIT:: Also, read how I said I was under them and not touching them either. (Around where Zamus would have her feet, I did this to Zamus, Wolf and Ness on the three occasions, I only have the Zamus one saved)

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
Ive done this several times, ive always assumed it was a footstool jump. I think it works when their invincible but im not positive.

Top Bottom