• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... Nintendo Tree House Stream or Smash Boards Stream?

Tree House or Smash Boards?

• I'd like for the creators to stream it!

Votes: 68 55.7%
  • I want to see our own people tell us what's new!

Votes: 54 44.3%

• Total voters

LunarNinja

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ask Me First
I'm thinking I'll stick with the Smash Boards Stream. Although it's in Japanese, no doubt they will reveal more content that Nintendo NA will probably hold out on.

Your thoughts?

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Ideally I'd like to see both at the same time, but I think I'll be picking the Nintendo Treehouse. Best to get stuff straight from the "horse's mouth!"

LunarNinja

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ask Me First
Ideally I'd like to see both at the same time, but I think I'll be picking the Nintendo Treehouse. Best to get stuff straight from the "horse's mouth!"
I know exactly where you're coming from. I choose the Smash Boards because they'll do a better job explaining the mechanics and what's new with the game. We've seen the Tree House do live streams at E3, but they weren't as flashy and informal. Pretty much just gameplay from images we've seen for ages.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
In my opinion these early weeks before it's out worldwide won't be worth keeping an eye on in terms of mechanics and stuff. I'd rather see some bigger write up about what people discover once there's enough time for the info to be 100% legit.

For that reason, I'll be going dark off of Smash Boards in general when the game's out in Japan, so I'll be tuning into the official stream.

gamer8

Smash Lord
What smashboards stream? Zipzo's? So there's the NicoNico, Treehouse and Zipzo stream mainly that will be going on on Friday, right? Anything I'm missing? I'd like to watch them all but I'm just on a meh laptop so it'd probably lag. Wish I had dual monitors like some people do. I'm definitely watching the Japanese Nicovideo one going on before midnight in Japan though.

TearsforFears

Smash Cadet
NNID
TearsForFears
3DS FC
5472-6632-5877
While the treehouse will have some smash. It will also have other games to look at. Because of that I would want to watch ZIpzo's and Alax's because it's pure smash and he'll take requests ha ha.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
While the treehouse will have some smash. It will also have other games to look at. Because of that I would want to watch ZIpzo's and Alax's because it's pure smash and he'll take requests ha ha.
Yeh gonna be watching zipzo's unless the treehouse one is early enough that I can watch both.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Wow, split exactly 50-50. Well I love the Treehouse staff like Erik, Alison, Audrey and Nate, so I am looking forward to the Treehouse stream.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I'm leaning towards the Smashboards one, just because we'll be more likely to see previously undiscovered content. I'll definitely watch some of the Treehouse stream as well, though.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
If it is the english version, I will watch Treehouse. If it isn't, then I may watch the SmashBorads one due to them being able to directly translate anything I have questions on. :p Or, I may only watch half an hour or just see the intro, then I will just quit. Don't want to be too spoiled...

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I dunno, its not like Smash is the only interesting game (Its certainly the best though) Probably Treehouse.

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
Treehouse, of course! It's the English version, I mean come on? If they're streaming for at least 6 of those 8 hours, there's bound to be some awesome reveals!

Let's see, translations of the Japanese text, vs English Text? English text of course!

+ Nintendo will take way longer to get their footage on Youtube than the streamers will. So I can watch the streamers stuff in the same weekend, but I might have to wait until sometime next week.

So I can afford to miss the streamers' first day, more than I can the Treehouse presentation.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
What is this Smashboards stream you speak of? Zipzo's?

Just how late is Zipzo planning to play? Because he will likely finish and go to sleep well before the 8 hour Treehouse event is over. So, both.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

What is this Smashboards stream you speak of? Zipzo's?

Just how late is Zipzo planning to play? Because he will likely finish and go to sleep well before the 8 hour Treehouse event is over. So, both.
What is this sleep you speak of?

I live in Japan, and the release of Smash for me is in morning.

I will be playing all day.

gamer8

Smash Lord
isent that like night here in america/canada
He went to the Smash events at around 11 AM which was like 7-10 PM in the US, I thought he was getting the game at midnight and streaming from then but it looks like I'll be able to watch the Treehouse direct as well if they stream as early as they usually do which is usually in the morning to noon EST.

Safe to say I won't be getting any sleep Friday-Saturday.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I'm probably gonna watch the Treehouse stream first under the assumption that Zipzo's stream will remain uploaded on Twitch for me to watch later. I feel like Treehouse will have more current information on the mechanics at first and give me a better impression of the gameplay simply because they were part of the balance/localization team and have played it in the office for a while over multiple builds as the game has evolved. For Zipzo, it'll be only his second time with the game, and he'll probably have less of an idea what he's doing at first.

gamer8

Smash Lord
So the Nicovideo stream is really early in the morning in the US, Treehouse would probably be around noon to night time and then Zipzo's stream would be later at night after that's already over. Looks like I'll be able to watch all of them and not at the same time, I'm pumped.

D

Deleted member 245254

Right now the planned time is 6pm EST start time but in attempting to convince my store to give it to me at midnight. I will let you all know but it's possible I may be streaming from 11am EST onward.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
What is this sleep you speak of?

I live in Japan, and the release of Smash for me is in morning.

I will be playing all day.
Ah, I see. People seemed to be treating it as if you were beginning the stream at midnight which would really be the only way it would conflict with Treehouse stream. Thanks again for all you're doing, by the way. People like you make the world awesome.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
The Treehouse is priority to me, as there are a lot of other games coming to 3DS and Wii U I wanna hear about, and I can have all the Smash details open in another window to read throughout the day.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I just want to know if I can watch any of this on youtube since my phone hates twitch. Whoever posts to youtube is who I'll watch.

Last edited:

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
Right now the planned time is 6pm EST start time but in attempting to convince my store to give it to me at midnight. I will let you all know but it's possible I may be streaming from 11am EST onward.

do you know what time that will be in Australian, NSW time?

AuraKnight

Smash Rookie
do you know what time that will be in Australian, NSW time?
Japan's an hour behind East Coast Australia so it'd be around 1-2AM.

Probably going to tune into treehouse because they've been playing the full version for a while now and probably know some things that the streamer's would just be figuring out. That being said, I'll probably end up watching the treehouse and zip's at the same time, switching from the treehouse when they go into other games.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I'll probably switch between the two and see which one is more focused on revealing new tidbits and content. Though something tells me the Treehouse livestream will be doing more tiptoe-ing around Smash content than the underground streamers.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Simple: Treehouse

But I'll go anywhere where I can get the info first.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Wake up, watch Japan stream.

Mid day, watch Treehouse play.

End of the day, watch Zipzo and whoever else is streaming.

Soak all the information possible.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Definitely going with Zipzo's, going by what he revealed to us from the demo event it seems like he's going to give us informations that's better targeted towards us who want to know what has changed since past installments. Nintendo is probably just going to stream a bunch of FFAs like always, which isn't as interesting to me.

Top Bottom