• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Mac and Ike just made top 10 in CEO doubles

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
I worked hard today and wanted to share with my fellow mac mains. The last set is more of a lesson on what tiring out and losing consistency can do to you in matches, I uh.... lost my edge and lost my focus. Thats on me though and I have no Johns, and I respect every opponent we faced today.

THAT SAID, we're blowing up on reddit and twitter right now and I feel like people should see the work we did if they havent. Heres the reddit thread with all of our replays!

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3b8wu6/ryosol_vs_seagullpink_fresh_is_the_hypest_thing/

Enjoy!

Shyningfade

Smash Rookie
So hype!! You guys had an amazing showing, and I can't wait to see what the both of you can accomplish next!

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
*Nod* Its our first doubles event, we're only getting stronger from here!

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait either. I have a solid pool, nairo is third match provided everything goes well. All that said, I really get off the leash today and focus less on support and get to apply a more calculated, but aggressive/non-support role. That's gonna be quite fun.

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
Update on the results of todays tournament. I pulled 33rd / 512 with mac, lost close sets to both nairo and xaltis. If you get a chance PLEASE check out my streamed set vs nairo, it was amazingly hype. Hint, I two stock him in our second match.

Shyningfade

Smash Rookie
Sol, that was an incredible match against Nairo earlier today. I don't think I've ever seen his ZSS get bodied by a Little Mac! Shame that he got you with Dark Pit, but still glad that you got to put on a show. Keep it up!

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
Yo Japan, thanks for the shout out man. Respect to you my fellow mac main!

earla

Smash Lord
good job sol.

fortunately nairo is naturally so aggressive. has anyone come up with with solid tactics against people who are willing to platform camp the moment they have any % lead forcing you into high risk/low reward situations?

any platform stage at all is looking poor to me right now. town and city, fd, halberd only viable mac stages.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
good job sol.

fortunately nairo is naturally so aggressive. has anyone come up with with solid tactics against people who are willing to platform camp the moment they have any % lead forcing you into high risk/low reward situations?

any platform stage at all is looking poor to me right now. town and city, fd, halberd only viable mac stages.
well on bf there's not much to do honestly. Delfino doesn't seem too bad because there are transformations with no platforms...
on lylat the platforms are low so you can upsmash(?). smashville's platform isn't very high either.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Sol, great job. You did such an amazing job that it inspired me to pick up Mac as a secondary. Surprisingly, I've had a lot of success with him thanks to watching your play. Once again, great work and congrats on behalf of the Wii Fit Trainer forum.

*glides away on Wii Balance Board*

Last edited:

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
good job sol.

Thusfar ive had no problem dealing with camp but to be fair, on average locally Im not fighting nairo level opponents. Still, I find duck hunt, Battlefield and Kirbys dreamland to be super viable for mac honestly, moreso than fd even. You just have to patiently apply shield pressure, and read the drop or bait their roll for a free up-b. Lag cancelled aerials can help with platform camp too. Additionally if YOU camp top platform you can actually pull d-tilt out of opposing laggy aerials (against more foolish opponents) and true combo up b which ends up fatal at like... 60 in some cases. At least on the local level, ive had more success with BF and Dreamland than I have with FD, not that I dont understand why those stages could be problematic.

Sol, great job. You did such an amazing job that it inspired me to pick up Mac as a secondary. Surprisingly, I've had a lot of success with him thanks to watching your play. Once again, great work and congrats on behalf of the Wii Fit Trainer forum.

*glides away on Wii Balance Board*
Respect to my fellow fitness gurus! Just remember, your opponents optimal heartrate is 0!

Last edited:

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
well on bf there's not much to do honestly. Delfino doesn't seem too bad because there are transformations with no platforms...
on lylat the platforms are low so you can upsmash(?). smashville's platform isn't very high either.
smashville is autoban for mac. It takes two jumps to get up there, the platform moves constantly so you cant actually create proper shield pressure, and many characters have true combos onto platform that gimp mac hard. The argument "but the platform can save mac" is mostly moot as any opponent worth their salt will just aerial them on return to that platform.

Ban Smashville, macs worst stage.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
smashville is autoban for mac. It takes two jumps to get up there, the platform moves constantly so you cant actually create proper shield pressure, and many characters have true combos onto platform that gimp mac hard. The argument "but the platform can save mac" is mostly moot as any opponent worth their salt will just aerial them on return to that platform.

Ban Smashville, macs worst stage.
I always ban Smashville; not because of camping though. The problem I find with it is the platform helps others aerial you to death.

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
Very impressive performance on your part. I'm sure you left quite the impression on Nairo (and an Ike/Little Mac team going so far is equally impressive).

Shame Twitch plays so choppy on my current comp, if someone could post Sol's match against Nairo on Youtube I'd love to see it.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
holy cow @ Solreth Solreth i didn't get to watch CEO 2015 for the whole day so i missed your matches but DAMN that was amazing! so inspiring. good stuff man, mac nation is so proud right now.

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
Humongous congrats yet again Sol! Your performance at CEO was an inspiration for me to never drop Mac as my main and bring the character to the highest potential he can have, so thank you!

Most Valuable Gaming

Smash Rookie
We're very proud of your performance Ryo and Sol, you had a very exciting showing. Keep working hard!

Last edited:

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
Humongous congrats yet again Sol! Your performance at CEO was an inspiration for me to never drop Mac as my main and bring the character to the highest potential he can have, so thank you!
Stay strong! Train hard!

Top Bottom